IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

Continuing with Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception. I picked up the sequel, Mask of Truth, yesterday at gamestop so I guess I know what game I'll be playing/reading next. I was rather surprised to see it there honestly as for some reason I thought it wasn't being released until later this month.

Destiny2, apart from frequent crashes every 2 hours, is quite action-packed. I never really play Multiplayer anymore, but this strikes just the right balance for me - it's up to the player to decide if he wants an MP fight or SP fight and they do it just right.

Too bad you level up to max level in just few days (going from level 15 to 20 took less than 3 hrs - wtf?)

I've been trying to get better at Don't Starve, a whimsical yet very brutal survival game. I really enjoy this game, but damn.. it is hard. The slow build up can be relaxing, just gathering materials, crafting things, hunting/fighting, etc.

Survive the creatures, hunger, sanity issues, and everything else long enough, and winter descends upon you. Thought it was tough before? Now, it becomes punishing. Plants stop growing, you can't be away from a campfire for very long unless you have found the materials to make strong winter clothing/have a thermal stone, small game animals disappear, and dangerous new animals appear. Freezing to death happens very quickly away from fires. Just chopping some trees becomes a potential game over unless you build a fire in the middle of a forest.

I have gotten better at preparing for winter by stockpiling crafting materials, wood, food, etc. However, it seems whenever I am having a great run, ready to take on winter and dominate, some lowly creature I have fought and killed many times will come out of nowhere and end it all. Another untimely ending occurred when I had my camp near the water's edge. Winter kicks off, I'm surviving.. then a rabid pack of penguins comes flying out of the water, surrounds me, and before I can even press a button, I am toast. I didn't even know penguins were in the game, so it took me off guard a bit. Dying in this game stings in a uniquely painful way. Sometimes I think, screw this game, not doing this anymore.. Then, the next night I'm up til sunrise fighting spiders, crafting items, and discovering more about the game world, little by little. I will survive a long round one day.. with much patience and perseverance. Until then, I will continue to blink at the screen, speechless with frustration as I watch my character keel over, the screen fading to black and forcing me to choose- Main Menu or Try Again.

I've been trying to get better at Don't Starve, a whimsical yet very brutal survival game. I really enjoy this game, but damn.. it is hard. The slow build up can be relaxing, just gathering materials, crafting things, hunting/fighting, etc.

Survive the creatures, hunger, sanity issues, and everything else long enough, and winter descends upon you. Thought it was tough before? Now, it becomes punishing. Plants stop growing, you can't be away from a campfire for very long unless you have found the materials to make strong winter clothing/have a thermal stone, small game animals disappear, and dangerous new animals appear. Freezing to death happens very quickly away from fires. Just chopping some trees becomes a potential game over unless you build a fire in the middle of a forest.

I have gotten better at preparing for winter by stockpiling crafting materials, wood, food, etc. However, it seems whenever I am having a great run, ready to take on winter and dominate, some lowly creature I have fought and killed many times will come out of nowhere and end it all. Another untimely ending occurred when I had my camp near the water's edge. Winter kicks off, I'm surviving.. then a rabid pack of penguins comes flying out of the water, surrounds me, and before I can even press a button, I am toast. I didn't even know penguins were in the game, so it took me off guard a bit. Dying in this game stings in a uniquely painful way. Sometimes I think, screw this game, not doing this anymore.. Then, the next night I'm up til sunrise fighting spiders, crafting items, and discovering more about the game world, little by little. I will survive a long round one day.. with much patience and perseverance. Until then, I will continue to blink at the screen, speechless with frustration as I watch my character keel over, the screen fading to black and forcing me to choose- Main Menu or Try Again.

I love Don't Starve!

For Winter, I always build the "thermal stone". It heats up when you are near a fire, and stays warm for awhile after. The color of the stone tells you how warm it is, so when it turns blue- you know it's time to get back to the fire. If you combine this with a winter hat, or (better) a beefalo hat, you can spend a good chunk of the day away from the fire without freezing. Oh and it also works in reverse for summer (if you are playing the Reign of Giants DLC)

Penguins... they won't attack you if you don't attack them first. But if you do attack one, the rest will swarm you and you will likely die. Also I notice they only appear if you walk on the edge of the water. But they are not all bad.. They leave towards the end of winter, and you might be able to gather their eggs for food before they spoil. Also they can help you fight monsters, like hound attacks. I like having penguins near my camp, ( but not so much in my camp! )

Bacon and eggs is a great winter food.. doesn't require any fruits or veggies which are scarce in the winter. But it does require that you build a crockpot and a birdcage (for supply of eggs).

• Like 1

I believe you about how penguins normally behave, but the ones I encountered gave me no chance to even react. A half dozen came flying in an arc out of the water, landed directly next to me and all pecked me at once. It was quite the surprise. I didn't even have time to attack them.

I have taken a few day break from this game. I think I'm ready to try again.

I believe you about how penguins normally behave, but the ones I encountered gave me no chance to even react. A half dozen came flying in an arc out of the water, landed directly next to me and all pecked me at once. It was quite the surprise. I didn't even have time to attack them.

I have taken a few day break from this game. I think I'm ready to try again.

Chances are you took a swing at one of them without realizing it, maybe you were startled when they appeared and hit the wrong button. (given how suddenly they jump out of the ocean and how loud they are, they can easily surpise you :) )

https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Pengull

Still reading through Utawarerumono Mask of Deception - I have Mask of Truth bought to continue it when I get to the end so I'll be going through this probably most of October. However, also picked up Ys VIII yesterday which I may or may not play at the same time. Or I may focus on Ys on my Saturday Game Nights and play Deception/Truth during the rest of the week.

Yeesh, games are piling up faster than I can play again, and I was doing so well at knocking the backlog down in the first half of the year too. ^^

I've been replaying Skyrim, I did just about everything many, many times back on 360. My highest level is, like, 180-something-or-other, and I didn't exploit for it. That's not even counting my many other characters.

Unfortunately, I don't currently have WiFi for my apartment. Working on it, but because of this I can't use mods to spice up my gameplay, however little much I could, what with SONY's limitations and all.

Also, unrelated, but I thought it was cool that Metal Jesus has an account here. I watched a few of his videos when I bought a few systems for myself and my niece, and he seemed pretty cool.

Well I finally got MLB The Show 17 now that it's the end of the season and it's dropped to $29. This is my favorite baseball game series ever and I think probably the best sports game series of any kind of all time, but I think the last one I bought was the 2013 release on PS3 because like other sports games it just doesn't change much from year to year. Even after 4 years, there are some differences but even a lot of the commentary's the same, animations are the same, stadiums look the same, etc. The game wasn't broken before so that's ok, and there are some cool additions that weren't there before like being able to enter games in critical situations while simming in franchise mode, but by and large it's the same game I remember. Still, I put literally 300 hours into The Show 13, and I'm on pace to do the same with 17. It's just addictive as hell.

One thing I really miss are the historical stadiums, which I understand is some weird trademark issue now. Or maybe it's just something they need to pay for that they decided didn't add enough value to renew the license. Anyway, I used to *love* playing in the old stadiums with their weird dimensions in The Show 13, or playing all my Mets games (my home team) at Shea Stadium. It's worth keeping that game just for that. You could easily have a multiple inside-the-park home run game at the Polo Grounds, for example, which was just really fun and crazy. Really could make you appreciate how teams used to build themselves around their ballparks, whereas today every team's basically the same.

Edited by spacecadet

I've been playing Just Cause 3 lately and over the weekend started a Mass Effect Andromeda play through. So far Andromeda has so much talking I've been able to multi-task and do other things while I'm waiting.

How is JC3? After I got it free with PS+, I started the tutorial, but never went back as I'm busy with other games.

How is JC3? After I got it free with PS+, I started the tutorial, but never went back as I'm busy with other games.

I like it (got it free also). I've only done about 25% of the story, as it kind of bores me. I spend most of the time going around causing havoc and clearing towns.

The biggest downsides I've found is the need to be constantly connected to the internet and the frequent random game crashes.

Probably 2/3 of the way through Mask of Truth or more at this point. I'll be moving on to Ys VIII next, if just to see the shoddy localization firsthand before they patch it at the end of November. I suppose I should have known better than to let them off my personal boycott, especially since they haven't really gotten any better with the DLC abuse. :P They go back on the list for a few years after I pick up the touhou game that released tuesday... well, actually, maybe I'll take a looksee if they found a way to add 50 dollars of DLC to that first and decide if I really want to wait on the boycott or not.

Finally finished Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth. Damn the last 20 hours of gameplay was basically expecting the final boss to be the next boss, til of course something new happened, over and over and over. I'll probably keep poking at it a bit more given that there's supposedly some dream battle theatre thing that I never saw (based on hidden trophy info) and I didn't do many of the trials. But that'll be something I poke at here and there.

Next game up will either be Ys VIII, to see the screwed up localization firsthand before they try to rush out a fix (to the rushed out localization - me thinks they never learned their lesson) or I'll start in on Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle, if I pick up a copy later today.

Whichever I start it might not be started til this weekend's game night.