IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

That Jeff Minter piece is spot on. I have far more screenshots taken of this game than any other game I've ever owned

He mentions Rescue on Fractalus in his article and it's a game that immediately popped into my mind when I started playing No Mans Sky. I didn't make the Asimov connection but he's spot on. The devs must have read his books too. There was also a Tandy Coco game I used to play called Star Trader by Compuware with a similar premise - explore the galaxy finding resources, trading, taking missions - that reminded me of NMS too.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture.

Haunting..Sometimes boring, frustrating, but beautiful and so different from anything i have played Since Soma.

Yeah, I normally don't like the "empty world walking simulator" genre much, but this game world is gorgeous and haunting and hard to leave once I boot it up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While the following two games are not ones I normally play, I wanted to try something different to take a break from rags, sandbox games, etc...

Beyond Two Souls... people's feelings are very polarized about this one. I didn't think it was too bad (and it was free), and if you go in with the mind set that it is a B level supernatural game, it is okay. Wonder if people had high expectations back when it was released for the PS3.

Playing Until Dawn at the moment. Pretty good and best played with the lights out :-).

Both kind of remind me of Tell Tale games with better graphics.

• Like 1

While the following two games are not ones I normally play, I wanted to try something different to take a break from rags, sandbox games, etc...

Beyond Two Souls... people's feelings are very polarized about this one. I didn't think it was too bad (and it was free), and if you go in with the mind set that it is a B level supernatural game, it is okay. Wonder if people had high expectations back when it was released for the PS3.

The biggest complaint I see is people don't like the fact that the story is not told linearly, instead it jumps back and forth to various points in her life. That didn't bother me, and I enjoyed it.

The PS4 version does now have an option to play the game in linear order.

• Like 1

The biggest complaint I see is people don't like the fact that the story is not told linearly, instead it jumps back and forth to various points in her life. That didn't bother me, and I enjoyed it.

The PS4 version does now have an option to play the game in linear order.

Those same people must have hated season 2 of Westworld then....

Playing Until Dawn at the moment. Pretty good and best played with the lights out :-).

Both kind of remind me of Tell Tale games with better graphics.

Until Dawn was the game that convinced me to buy a PS4.

I'd bought a copy for a friend of mine,who's not really a gamer,but big into his horror.. We spent a few hours playing through it,loved it, sold the system to me.

Completed Beyond 2 Souls on PS3, big fan of Cage's work.

This was heavily flawed,but i enjoyed it and never found it to be the 6/10 experience many critics described it as.

Struggling with Resident Evil 4.

Not a fan of scripted A.I evade/escape games, but have completed Soma and Alien Isolation.. gave up on Evil Within and Outlast.

Any illusion of reality was shattered when,after avoiding a certain batshit crazy old woman in a downstairs hallway..game needed her to magically appear at top of the stairs as i tried to reach a new area..

Earlier she had just stood waiting politely for me to trigger her patrol routines.

Game seems to have taken the clunky inventory system from Forbidden Siren..

The backtracking from the very 1st Resident Evil.

The cumbersome limited room to manoeuvre in the environment when fighting boss characters..stuff from Project Zero...

And wrapped it all up in a Hills Have Eyes/Texas Chainsaw Massacre setting.

I can't help shake the feeling it's been designed as a PS4 VR game 1st and maybe the experience is better via this medium?.

Resident Evil 5 and Revelations were disappointnents..

Resident Evil 6 was just awful.

Capcom really don't seem to know what to do with the series..

Back to playing "No Man's Sky" with the new update. It's vastly improved!

I just gave it a whirl and will get deeper in this weekend. Is there a good online guide for this game? Maybe I'm getting really old but I'm having a hard time remembering the controls and figuring out what to do.

Back to playing "No Man's Sky" with the new update. It's vastly improved!

That's what I've been hearing. I bought it when it was dirt cheap, but never got a chance to try it. I might give it a go soon.

Speaking of updates, I heard that Gran Turismo Sport has been receiving some updates that should help out what has been a huge disappointment.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been playing anything this summer on any of the modern consoles. Wait too hot in the apartment making me worry about the systems melting. ;)

Got about 5-7 new games to start in on when everything cools down in the fall. Until then I'll probably just keep playing the genesis on the cooler nights.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone gets a chance, I highly recommend Bridge Constructor Portal. It's a great puzzle game that includes a ton of references to the Portal series. It's a pretty short game, but as the puzzles get more challenging, they begin to start taking up more time. Definitely worth a try if you are a fan or Portal or puzzle games.