IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

Went back and finished Resident Evil 7 yesterday.

I unlocked some bonus content that the PS store won't let me download.

Picked up a replacement copy of Deus Ex:Mankind Divided.

Finished that.

These along with Horizon Zero Dawn, which i had been hammering prior to returning to the above, had HDR support.

Only really noticed the difference on Zero Dawn to be honest, but turned it on late into Res Evil 7.

• Like 1

These along with Horizon Zero Dawn, which i had been hammering prior to returning to the above, had HDR support.

Only really noticed the difference on Zero Dawn to be honest, but turned it on late into Res Evil 7.

I have a PS4 Pro, but I don't have a 4K TV yet. The upside to this is that it makes the choice between 4K and 60 FPS pretty easy. With Horizon Zero Dawn the 60 FPS was a night and day difference for me. Really enjoyed that.

• Like 1

I have a PS4 Pro, but I don't have a 4K TV yet. The upside to this is that it makes the choice between 4K and 60 FPS pretty easy. With Horizon Zero Dawn the 60 FPS was a night and day difference for me. Really enjoyed that.

Ironically i am the other way around.

But then i didn't plan to go the 4K route quite so early.

I'd had the same issue with my 1080P set,my dealership exchanged it for a 4K model.

4 days until this one! :D

YES.

This looks absolutely amazing. Not only the ones we would hope for (Final Fight, Knights of the Round, Captain Commando), but a couple of great if truly weird ones too (Battle Circuit, Armored Warriors). As well as a few in between, with Warriors of Fate, Knights of the Round, and King of Dragons. What a great pack!!

If only they could get the licenses in order to release The Punisher and Alien Vs Predator, that would basically complete the Capcom Beat Em Up series. Well ok, that plus Final Fight 3 from the SNES :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up Demons Crystals, and have been playing it off and on. I find it an addictive little twin stick shooter. It's fun to play in short bursts. It's cheap too. I recommend it.

I've been playing Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair. I'm excited about the new upcoming EDF game.

I purchased Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force when it was on sale recently. I had the PS3 version but I quit it early on for some reason. I dunno what all has changed, but I'm liking this PS4 version of the game. I play it in 1 and 2 hour bursts and I'm enjoying it so far.

I picked up Demons Crystals, and have been playing it off and on. I find it an addictive little twin stick shooter. It's fun to play in short bursts. It's cheap too. I recommend it.

I've been playing Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair. I'm excited about the new upcoming EDF game.

I purchased Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force when it was on sale recently. I had the PS3 version but I quit it early on for some reason. I dunno what all has changed, but I'm liking this PS4 version of the game. I play it in 1 and 2 hour bursts and I'm enjoying it so far.

Heh, We have similar tastes! I bought Demons Crystals cheap on Xbox One a few months back and I agree, it's very addictive!

Also played Fairy Fencer F a few days ago after purchasing it in a bundle on Steam, and had a lot of fun with that one. Never get tired of those great looking turn based RPGs!

Haven't played a new EDF in years, but have always LOVED that series!

What am I playing now? Borderlands 2 on PS4. Yes I have all the achievements on the 360 version, and played it a bunch on the Xbox One, but now now nephew want to play online, so it looks like I'll be playing through this game yet again! (Good thing it's an awesome game with a cool story)

Heh, We have similar tastes! I bought Demons Crystals cheap on Xbox One a few months back and I agree, it's very addictive!

Also played Fairy Fencer F a few days ago after purchasing it in a bundle on Steam, and had a lot of fun with that one. Never get tired of those great looking turn based RPGs!

Haven't played a new EDF in years, but have always LOVED that series!

What am I playing now? Borderlands 2 on PS4. Yes I have all the achievements on the 360 version, and played it a bunch on the Xbox One, but now now nephew want to play online, so it looks like I'll be playing through this game yet again! (Good thing it's an awesome game with a cool story)

Damn I need to try Fairy Fencer F, I got it too no on a good deal.

Just beat Borderlands 2 last week, classic. The original on PC (Steam) with max graphics also holds up very well and it seems the guns are a lot better in the first game

Started Assassin's Creed Odyssey over the weekend. One of the funnier things that has happened so far was a chicken started attacking me in one of the villages. The fight settings must be set high on this game. I also saved a villager being attacked by a wolf and he turned and started attacking me. Oh well, I received my reward when I looted his dead body.

Damn I need to try Fairy Fencer F, I got it too no on a good deal.

Just beat Borderlands 2 last week, classic. The original on PC (Steam) with max graphics also holds up very well and it seems the guns are a lot better in the first game

Too bad you didnt wait on Borderlands 2 lol its coming to VR in December :)

Im still working on Astrobot and Call of Duty WWII

• Like 1

Too bad you didnt wait on Borderlands 2 lol its coming to VR in December :)

A friend of mine sent me the news on Facebook. I literally JUST bought the PS4 version like a week ago, and am only at like level 16.

Oh well, I guess I'll be buying it once again if the VR version is any good. Sounds like it might be worth it!

• Like 1

Not if you luck out like I did my first play through where I ended up finding a decently powerful pistol in a random loot box that had infinite ammo and a very tight accuracy circle of fire. In fact, once I got this pistol about halfway through the game, It ended up being the only weapon I ever had to use and I even beat the final boss with it.

I've since been told that this was insane luck to find this weapon since it was literally in a random strong box on the level and not dropped by a defeated enemy. Never found anything else like it since.

Not if you luck out like I did my first play through where I ended up finding a decently powerful pistol in a random loot box that had infinite ammo and a very tight accuracy circle of fire. In fact, once I got this pistol about halfway through the game, It ended up being the only weapon I ever had to use and I even beat the final boss with it.

I've since been told that this was insane luck to find this weapon since it was literally in a random strong box on the level and not dropped by a defeated enemy. Never found anything else like it since.

That's awesome, I remember legendary items I think they're orange-colored or something like that. Yeah I think most of them come off boxes and not dropped. I just beat Borderlands 1 a couple of nights ago and didn't get any at all. Kind of wish they would have remade that one and added stuff to it.

These games used to have raid Bosses too, never played these games with more than two people though so I never fought any of them.

I just now skimmed this entire thread looking for suggestions. We bought a PS4 Slim 1TB last week. I can't believe the system is already 5 years old. Where does the time go? So, I've been playing Spider-Man and Sonic Mania Plus. I am enjoying both quite a lot. I loved fighting Fisk in the very first level! I didnt love SM's 45 minute install time. Do many PS4 games require this lengthy of an install? Also, I've learned that I suck at Sonic blue spheres bonus stages.

I think my next games are going to be Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted, and a racing game, not sure what's out there yet.

• Like 1

Was considering Soul Calibur VI but feels like it's going to be a DLC train to be honest. I'll re-evaluate what I feel about the game after christmas as by then they'll probably have all the DLC at least announced properly.

Even the season pass has virtually no data about what your 39.99(cdn) dollars is paying for beyond 3 unknown characters (unless the one announced and currently available - a character that use to be a main selectable character in previous games is one of those 3) and 2 batches of unannounced creation parts for the Create A Warrior mode. From what I've gathered the available parts from the start in that mode is low. Which is different compared to how the kotaku reviewer seemed to talk about it so I'm wondering if he was given access to all the DLC for his review given how he was gushing about how much content there was. And if that's the case it probably hints that all the DLC they got planned was probably completed well before launch of the game. That's probably just me being a bit cynical of course given that I see that happen all the time, particularly with time delayed launches of japanese games overseas.

I love when games offer large amounts of content, as I'm sure most people do, but so far the core game seems very solid and offers enough to be worth it to me. Granted, I've been a fan since Dreamcast days (so I love the series).. but I think the reviews I've seen so far giving it high marks are accurate.

I finally got around to playing Horizon Zero Dawn this month and am close to finishing it. Probably won't until next month, though, as I'm focusing on horror games until Halloween.

I've bought so many games recently that I need to get to—Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Shenmue I & II, Fist of the North Star, Nioh, The Last Guardian ... there's just never enough time.

• Like 1