IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

Caved in and bought Resident Evil II Remake.

The original was 1 of my favourite Playstation titles but not played it in years and i was not at all impressed by Resident Evil 7..though i did finish it.

Played around 45 mins or so this afternoon,  leaving me pretty cold at this stage.

Not sure if i have simply moved on from the franchise or what.

Nothing really wrong with the game, it's just not captivating me.

Here are my times for this past week (June 10th through 16th) on modern systems...

Rides on shared electric scooters (ineligible):

WIND - 67 min. in 2 sessions

Circ (formerly Flash) - 34 min. in 1 session which was broken up in 3

Since I didn't play any games on modern systems, I decided to instead post the time spent on shared electric scooters this week. I did 3 rides in total, but the Flash scooter died 2 times and was reactivated. When it died for the 3rd time, reactivating it was unsuccessful. Support said this was because of low battery, now because of riding outside the business area. By the way it is possible both for Circ and WInd scooters to begin a rent outside the service area if you find one of their scooters there, but it should be impossible to end the rent of a Circ scooter outside the service area, and if you do that to a Wind scooter, they charge for it extra.

I finally beat Ni no Kuni II over the weekend and played some more of the new TJ&E. I've now beaten the game on the fixed world and once through on the random world mode. Not sure if I will ever try and play through it on Hard mode but then, this newer game is much easier than the original was on the Genesis BITD.

Been working my way through Horizon Zero Dawn. I am level 25 so far, just completed the grave hoard story. Ive been doing other missions, clearing out  bandit camps, and tracking down ancient debris  and metal flowers too.  I shake my head in amazement at the scope of this world! I devoted a lot kf this weekend to playing it, and it keeps unravelling new places and things to do.  Are many of today's games this huge and detailed and gorgeous? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cafeman said:

Been working my way through Horizon Zero Dawn. I am level 25 so far, just completed the grave hoard story. Ive been doing other missions, clearing out  bandit camps, and tracking down ancient debris  and metal flowers too.  I shake my head in amazement at the scope of this world! I devoted a lot kf this weekend to playing it, and it keeps unravelling new places and things to do.  Are many of today's games this huge and detailed and gorgeous? 

Quite a few exist that are. I can say that I feel Fallout 4 was pretty detailed with lots to do and see. Zelda BOTW is similar though not nearly as detailed of course. But Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the few I've played where no two areas looked the same and very few if any real glitches exist that take you out of the experience. Then again, Horizon is grounded in real places..as I'm sure you've found out by now. So they have/had excellent source material to work from to make the locations so detailed. Wait until you explore "The Cut"... probably one of my favorite locations in the whole map even if the area is all snow covered.

1 hour ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Wait until you explore "The Cut"... probably one of my favorite locations in the whole map even if the area is all snow covered.

I assume that is in the Frozen Wilds portion. I see it on the map , I do fully intend to play that through once I've beaten the original game proper. 

One thing I don't understand. Some of the outfits protect you from the elements right? Aloy will mention if it is cold or hot, but even if I keep on my battle outfit, I don't notice any negative effects from the environment itself.  I expected to need to switch to warmer clothing etc at times , ... but no?

41 minutes ago, Cafeman said:

I assume that is in the Frozen Wilds portion. I see it on the map , I do fully intend to play that through once I've beaten the original game proper. 

One thing I don't understand. Some of the outfits protect you from the elements right? Aloy will mention if it is cold or hot, but even if I keep on my battle outfit, I don't notice any negative effects from the environment itself.  I expected to need to switch to warmer clothing etc at times , ... but no?

Nope...the different outfits only affect your battle stats and I was never able to find any negative stats in regards to the cold. In fact Aloy was still talking about how cold it was and shivering in the Frozen wilds even when I purchased an armor outfit for her designed for the cold. So..just equip what gives you the best stats for combat. So the elements effects or buffs on the outfits only protect you from elemental attacks and not the actual weather and climate elements.

And, I actually wouldn't wait until the main game is finished to go through the Frozen Wilds because it does kinda all tie in pretty well together. I played through most everything minus a few of the later missions for the main game, and then started in with the Frozen wilds. It is so seamless the way they have one that, that to be honest, it wasn't until I was an hour into that area of the game and happen to check the trophies on my account that I even discovered I was already playing the Frozen wilds expansion! You can just jump into that area pretty much at any time, once you are requested to go into the The Cut.

I also was farming the heck out of "Gryzors" I think they were called.... for their blaze containers and selling them. As a result I actually had enough for the second to best armor stats outfit and weapons I think before I even came up and did the first cauldron. As a result, once I got the hang of how the controls worked for the real time combat against the various machines, I was pretty much sailing through the game until near the end when it started to finally catch up to me.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

9 hours ago, Cafeman said:

Man, I hate those Glinthawks. So satisfying when I finally take them down. 

Hehe...they become a cakewalk once you have the ability to launch more than one arrow at once and use arrows with high tear-off and damage to them. By the time I was at the end game, I could take down any glint hawk with just about 3 shots. 

Also the Stormbirds.... aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be but you need to rope them down.

For all other large foes...use the terrain to your advantage. Get the high ground and in many places in the game, you can take down corrupted enemies without even being on the same ground they are located in?! I don't want to spoil it too much, but I found lots of places where you can take the larger and more difficult enemies by simply exploiting the terrain around them. Once you get precision arrows and buff up the tear and damage stats on the weapons. You will be sniping parts off the machines from crazy distances away and mostly out of harms reach in the process. 

Such a great game and apparently it has gotten popular as I noticed the complete edition of this game is on sale at BB this week for like $9.99! But it isn't available in any stores in my state. I feel the game was more than worth the price of admission at the $19.99 I paid for it over a year ago and 9.99 is an excellent steal so anyone on the fence should just grab it if they can. 

Having said that, I popped in Rez Infinite again last night and got through the first two assault runs. Several years back I was able to complete all the assaults and special modes on the original Dreamcast release and get the real ending to the game. Hoping to do that again on my PS4 version soon.

Toy Stunt Bike: Tiptop's Trials. Bought a digital copy the other day for $7 from the PS Store. Played the heck out of it. Beat all the levels and secret levels. Got all the Trophies too. It's a fun little game that is a cartoonish rip off of Trials Fusion. This one has the casual gamer and\or younger audience in mind. 

Related image

Started playing Song of the Deep last night. I have this as a physical version. Really enjoying it, but it has locked up on me and kicked me back to the PS OS no less than 3 times within about 10 - 15min apart once the first time it did it. Seems to happen right at the end of a cut scene. The cut scene will play, and then the screen will go purple for a second and then I get a Blue screen error code that (I was tired and lazy and didn't write down or take a pic of), and then back to the PS OS. I don't think the PS4 pro is over heating as it doesn't seem to be that loud and I know that Ni no Kuni and other games I've played more recently on it were taxing the thing much more. The latest updates are applied to the game so I'm chalking it up to be a lovely enjoyable game that seems to be quite crash prone...

BTW don't forget to record how many minutes you play each game and report weekly to the tracker. I understand that modern consoles more or less track your minutes for free.

The PS4 so far this year has been logged for 5760 minutes, which is 1/9 of the play time on the Switch and 1/7 of the play time on the Xbox One. Some of you already post in the tracker, many don't...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Returned to Resident Evil 2 Remake. .

Encountered the Licker..

Unlocked the underground area and first fight with the boss.

But i am really not feeling it.

I'm playing on a standard PS4 on a 4K TV with HDR on and visuals look washed out.

I hate the new voice Leon and him F-ing and Jeffing. 

It's hard to explain just why i feel so much apathy. 

Maybe it just took too long to arrive?

The original games remake on the Game Cube blew me away and had they remade Resident Evil 2 back then in same engine, i would of been on cloud 9.

I was not impressed by Resident Evil 5 or 7, nor any of the Revelation series, hated Resident Evil 6 with a passion. 

Maybe the series has run it's distance or my tastes have just changed.

I finished The Sinking City. I enjoyed it enough that I may get the DLC (though I'm usually not a fan of DLC content).

I've started playing The Evil Within. It's not a bad game, though I die so much in it that it loses any tension or feeling of horror (there are numerous instant deaths in it).

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to finish the latest (and mostly likely last) DLC for Mudrunner.  I still love that game and can't wait for the sequel.  

I also picked up The Invisible Hours for $5 at GameStop.  It's an interesting VR game and sort of relaxing if you are looking for something that requires minimal effort.  It's basically one step above a walking simulator, but it's still worth trying out, especially for $5.