IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

I'm buying PS4 next week for Dark Souls III.

Anyone else going to be playing Dark Souls?

I'll be getting it but I'm not sure about day 1 release.....I'm "ok" with these games I beat the first game and got stuck in all the others although I think I can beat Bloodborne if I go back to it.

If you get it post some thoughts especially if they make any major changes....of course all the reviewers out there will probably talk about it. I've read about battle arts and the mysterious shrines and saw video's of the really early parts of the game.

I'll be getting it but I'm not sure about day 1 release.....I'm "ok" with these games I beat the first game and got stuck in all the others although I think I can beat Bloodborne if I go back to it.

If you get it post some thoughts especially if they make any major changes....of course all the reviewers out there will probably talk about it. I've read about battle arts and the mysterious shrines and saw video's of the really early parts of the game.

When you get stuck, summon. You play online, don't you?

I'll be joining the Blue Sentinels covenant to help players fight off invading red phantoms.

When you get stuck, summon. You play online, don't you?

I'll be joining the Blue Sentinels covenant to help players fight off invading red phantoms.

Actually I don't that's probably my problem. lol

Except for the exclusives I play on PC but I dont mind buying console versions whichever is cheaper. If I do get it on PS4 I'll add you cause I'm ok but not that great at these games. Took me around 80 hours and a few months to beat the first game Four Kings were a royal pain no pun intended.

Fallout 4. I've been playing forever, but not gotten very far, as I tend to loot the crap out of everything not bolted down (and a few that are, thinking of the fusion cores you jack out of some sort of nuclear reactor in some places basements)

Caring for your communities is fun, well, for me it is.

Started on Until Dawn (after finishing Infamous:Second Son-good, but prefered Infamous 2 on PS3).

However, just moved, new place has BT Home Hub 5 (A) which PS3 and PS4 seem to hate, as many have found it seems after reading same issues on numerous forums.

Anywho, audio cuts out when title screen kicks in, have to swap TV channels to get it back.

I'd hoped the 10 G+ Patch would fix it, it seems i might be out of luck.Took hours to download on Hub 5 and among fixes i see it has Invert Aim Controls..should that have not been there from the start?.

Downloaded Soma and Outlast at same time before Hub crippled speeds yet again.

Tried all the port Forwarding stuff, no use and BT just washed their hands of whole affair.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't play a Rayman game since the GBA days, so I thought to give Legends a try. My daughter joined me in coop after a while and we had quite some fun so far. If I'm not misinterpreting things it also includes Origins, which means a lot of bang for the buck in case :)

• Like 1

I have been playing a ton of Dark Souls III the past week, and I am loving it. I am going to beat the whole game without summoning help or looking up hints, and while currently a level 69, so far, so good. There were only two bosses I had to replay more than a couple times to beat- probably the result of pulling all nighters and losing focus. I just started exploring the Profaned Capital area today. The enemies are getting bigger, with some dropping about 2,500 souls. It's great fun, and I definitely recommend it to anyone up for a good challenge. It is probably going to be one of the better games released this year, along with No Man's Sky and my most anticipated title- Uncharted 4. I can't wait for the Naughty Dog greatness. I have been waiting years for this game, and it's only two more weeks!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Soma, which i love for the System Shock/Bioshock vibe and i feel would work well if patched to support PSVR in the future, but it has some very frustrating moments, 1 escape sequence so far in particular, cue insta-death, followed by lengthy loading times just to carry on from where i was.....

I beat the final boss in Dark Souls III today. The last couple were a bit tough, but being over level 100, I eventually learned to dodge and slash at the right times, and my fully upgraded broadsword and Estoc rapier did the trick. I am nowhere near done with the game, though. I still need to acquire some items and perhaps level up some more to take on the new game plus mode. Tougher enemies, more powerful items, and most likely a lot more dying.

Also, Tropico 5 is one of the free games this month, and it's pretty fun. You basically become a dictator on a tropical island and try to prosper. I have already sunk a few hours into it. My biggest hurdle so far has been rebels rising up to overthrow me, but I am learning better ways to prevent it. Check it out for a relaxing change of pace from fast paced action or competitive games. It's great for just kicking back and strategizing.

Edited by WispFollower
  • Like 2

Still playing Dark Souls III, taking it slow in NG. I believe I have three bosses left, Two Princes (stand here before you), Storm/Nameless King, and Soul of Cinder.

I'm going back through zones looking for stuff I missed, exploiting the Wololo pyromancy on mobs for soul farming to get all the items for trophies, etc.

Not sure if there is a thread for:

"Which games have you totally given up on, after purchasing and slogging through for a good few hours, on PS4"....

But if there is, i'd have to throw in Soma now.

Stuck with the fixed A.I routines, run/hide/wait till 'IT' passes mechanics on Alien Isolation, to point i completed it (PS3), gave up on Evil Within (360) after a few hours and now Soma on PS4 has just done my head in, the lengthy reloading times and drawn out death's, just crippling game on the more frustrating stages to point i simply cannot be doing with it anymore.

Since Dark Souls III came out, and the DLC for Fallout 4 and Star Wars Battlefront has been "meh", I have gone back to playing Bloodborne.

MAN I love/hate that game! :) Getting repeatedly killed in certain areas, or by certain bosses is infuriating as F**K, but when you do beat them, and see that "PREY SLAUGHTERED" flash up on the screen, it is a big time sense of achievement!

I really want to get Dark Souls III, but I will wait until the price drops. I know I might have to wait awhile, but that's ok! After I beat the first run through, I will move back to the next Fallout 4 DLC, and then in June its "No Man's Sky".

I ran through Dark Souls III, and well, I dunno, it was OK. I liked the first game, the 2nd felt like nothing new so I got bored with it, and III isn't anything special to me again but at least it plays fine enough.

We got a pre-order of Uncharted 4 and the new DOOM, both coming out within 7 days of my post for me. I'm fairly excited for Uncharted 4 as I liked the first three, but I don't know about DOOM - The multiplayer demo was a letdown to me and at this point most of me is saying "This is going to be crap" but I have a part of me holding out to see how singleplayer will be. If I can have it feel like the orignal and II with fairly quick-paced gameplay, funky maze-like levels, guns that actually work, and the ability to disable the dumb executions, then I think I'd be satisfied enough? I don't know what to think, but I'll see in a week about this stuff I guess.

Playing some Uncharted 4 - I kind-of like this game. It feels a bit slower than the old ones, but I don't mind it at all as it feels nice. The game looks good, it seems to play fine, and it's OK overall. So yeah, pretty happy with it.

I'll be playing the new DOOM on Friday, but I'm still a bit worried about it after the multiplayer demo - just gonna have to see how it plays.

Got Battle World Kronos, Zombie Vikings, and Giana Sisters Directors Cut today.

Playing Giana today since I was unsure if it would really work, even tho I had read that ps4 was region free. Some of the levels including the first boss were irritating. But it has unlimited lives so dying isn't all that bad (except that it tells me how many times I died at the end :( lol)

Also been playing Talos Principal which is a pretty fun puzzle game :)

Edited by Iwantgames:)