IGNORED

What are you playing on your PlayStation 4?

Algus

It's a direct successor to Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. The gameplay is nearly identical to Guardian of Light, but the world in Temple of Osiris is more "open" compared to the levels/missions of Guardian of Light. I thought Temple of Osiris was okay, but Guardian of Light was fantastic. If you liked Temple of Osiris, definitely give its predecessor a shot. Common consensus greatly favors Guardian of Light.

Looks like I need a PS3

RE7 was one of several games I got for Christmas along with a PSVR. I've been playing through most of those games and I plan on getting to RE7 eventually. I'm really loving my PSVR, but I'm not sure if I want to play RE7 that way for the same reasons you described above. I tried out the kitchen demo (or whatever it was called) and I have to say that it was pretty freaky.

Yeah, the kitchen demo is basically what the entire game is like in VR. It's a really complex feeling because on the one hand I'm terrified all the time, but then I'm also incredibly impressed that I can be made to feel this way through a combination of hardware and software that I *know* is showing me something that's not real. So I played it for probably 6-8 total hours that way, because I thought it was an amazing technical achievement. But I got to a certain point where I was just like "ok, nope, I'm out!"

I'm not giving you any spoilers here so don't worry, and depending on where you physically are you might not even see this, but there's a point in the game where you're standing in the house and down the hallway you just see the silhouette of *something* moving against the wall. You don't know what it is, but it's obviously something big, and it's both moving and audibly banging against the wall, ceiling or floor. After having gone through about 5 or 6 "Kitchen" style battles in VR up to that point already, and seeing this ghostly apparition that I couldn't identify but knew the game was showing me specifically to scare me, I quit VR.

There were actually some moments playing in VR when I did the thing where you try to scream in a nightmare but all that comes out is like "uuuuuuhhh!" I've never done that while awake.

Edited by spacecadet

Yeah, the kitchen demo is basically what the entire game is like in VR. It's a really complex feeling because on the one hand I'm terrified all the time, but then I'm also incredibly impressed that I can be made to feel this way through a combination of hardware and software that I *know* is showing me something that's not real. So I played it for probably 6-8 total hours that way, because I thought it was an amazing technical achievement. But I got to a certain point where I was just like "ok, nope, I'm out!"

I'm not giving you any spoilers here so don't worry, and depending on where you physically are you might not even see this, but there's a point in the game where you're standing in the house and down the hallway you just see the silhouette of *something* moving against the wall. You don't know what it is, but it's obviously something big, and it's both moving and audibly banging against the wall, ceiling or floor. After having gone through about 5 or 6 "Kitchen" style battles in VR up to that point already, and seeing this ghostly apparition that I couldn't identify but knew the game was showing me specifically to scare me, I quit VR.

There were actually some moments playing in VR when I did the thing where you try to scream in a nightmare but all that comes out is like "uuuuuuhhh!" I've never done that while awake.

I haven't even started RE7 yet. I got RE7, Horizon, Wolfenstein II and Gran Turismo Sport (along with the VR set) for Christmas and I've been playing everything else first, plus the SOTC remake just came out this week and I've been playing through that. I will get to it eventually, but I will probably only try out the VR portion just to see what it's like.

Have you played the PT demo on PS4? It's no longer available, but it created that same sort of feeling in me and others and it wasn't even in VR!

Man, I'd love to play RE7 in VR. The headset has come down in price, but I just can't make that big of a purchase yet. I will definitely in the future though since I still have those 4D candles. Plus I heard you can get it to work with PC with some fiddling around. But yeah, RE7 is pretty scary and has some survival horror quirks, but towards the end the action picks up a good bit. That really helped it overall and it's a good game worth sticking with. I'm currently playing the Chris Redfield DLC, which is more action focused, and I'm liking it a lot so far. After that I'm going to replay the campaign and try to unlock the walking shoes.

Edited by xenomorpher

Just finished Knack. Got it for free via PS+ this month. I've had it on my list of games I was interested in since the PS4 launched but never bought it as other games kept being released that I wanted more. Happy to say I should have never waited this long to play it! This game is awesome! If you are into the Crash Bandicoot, Mario 64, Skylanders kinda games you will problably enjoy Knack. If you have PS+ it's free so even if yo don't like it you won't be loosing any money on the deal.

Also playing Knack, with my daughter. It's a very nice game. However I feel they didn't care much about the 2 player option. It's very frustration that knack determines whats on screen and player 2 is contantly off screen, because of that. Sure you can say you need to coordinate it better, but tell that to a 6 y/o :) Also the game likes to put player 2 on the screen in places where it gets killed/falls down instantly and at times you're in no mans land as knack spawns inside a wall or whatever. Haven't seen this kind of bugs for ages so in a weird way that's kinda cool :)

Finished Dragon's Dogma, my kid is playing Through The Walking Dead series while I am relegated to the third season on PC. I also jumped back into Skyrim now and then, they did a really good job on remastering it for consoles.

How much of an upgrade is it over the PS3 version? That is still in my to play pile.

How much of an upgrade is it over the PS3 version? That is still in my to play pile.

It's a massive upgrade graphically and especially load times. I wouldn't play the PS3 version at all if you can help it I think Skyrim on PS4 is pretty cheap now anyway or you can find it on sale. The other cool thing is there's mods you can use on PS4. I'm taking my time with it I'm around level 12 right now.

It's a massive upgrade graphically and especially load times. I wouldn't play the PS3 version at all if you can help it I think Skyrim on PS4 is pretty cheap now anyway or you can find it on sale. The other cool thing is there's mods you can use on PS4. I'm taking my time with it I'm around level 12 right now.

Actually, I wasn't clear. I meant Dragon's Dogma.

As for Skyrim... the switch and PS4 are probably the only platforms I haven't played it on (have the Xbox One version)

Actually, I wasn't clear. I meant Dragon's Dogma.

As for Skyrim... the switch and PS4 are probably the only platforms I haven't played it on (have the Xbox One version)

I just beat Dragon's Dogma on pS4 a couple months ago, it's exactly like the PC version basically improved resolution\framerates and much better load times.

• Like 1

I've been taking my time playing through the Shadow of the Colossus remake and loving it every bit as much as the earlier versions, if not more. I've totally fallen in love with the game all over again. Some millenials detractors criticize the emptiness of the world, but for me, it's the single most engaging world ever created in a video game. I can easily get lost in it, just wandering around and looking for new areas, hunting lizards, looking for fruit, etc. I don't really care for the way Bluepoint incorporated the coin collect-athon, but it does expand the world even more.

I just bought Skyrim for PS4 a week or so ago myself. Played for one hour, then quit, meaning to come back. Haven't been back yet. That's kinda how my gaming goes these days. :(

That was my reaction to Skyrim too. The introductory quest felt like a chore and not really fun. Maybe the game is as great as everyone says when you get past that part, but for me it didn't hook me. I don't have a lot of time to play on PS4 and games I do want to play, so Skyrim fell by the wayside.

I just finished Nier Automata. Highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good story driven Action RPG. One of the things that interesting about it is that it three full play throughs to get the whole story. The first play though is as one character, the second as their side kick, and the third alternates between the side kick and a new character and starts where the first two times ended in the story.

• Like 2

Joined the BF1 multiplayer action.. yes the person in your game that dies every 10 seconds, throws around ammo or tries to revive decaying corpses is me ;)

Also started the Witcher 3 game of the year edition. At first I was like Meh.. Don't want to collect all kinds of crap and play silly card games, but I got into the story and love it. It's probably too massive for me to ever finish it

And as of today I will have a look at bloodborne and ratchet and clank.