IGNORED

Has anyone ever come across one of these?

CPUWIZ

I have seen it in magazines, but never anywhere else.

I was just recently thinking about how none of the video game furniture-type items from back then seem to be around anymore. I used to have a cart that was made to hold the Atari on top, and games underneath. My guess is that items like this ended up in places where no one knew what they were for, and ended up getting junked.

I can't imagine what a Salvation Army staff member would have made of that stick-stand when they received it.

I remember seeing the ad in Electronic Games magazine but that is all I have ever seen or known about it.

I put the mailing address listed into Google maps. It is for a house in LA. From the looks of the stand, it could be put together by someone with woodworking skills. I know my cousin, who used to be a carpenter, could build one.

So this was probably just a guy working out of his garage, building the stands to order. I do wonder how many orders he got. Just think of the rarity of it.

• Like 1