IGNORED

S.A.M.

Paul Westphal

Does anyone know where I can find a .xex version of this? I have looked everywhere...I found the documentation for it, but no executable file for the MYide II. Thanks.

Here you go. But as already said, it is not stand-alone. The SAMVOICE.COM should better be run as AUTORUN.SYS. On top of this, go to DOS and load RECITER.EXE which does the text-to-phonems translation. Then you can use it from BASIC.sam.zip

• Like 1

Thanks Thorf. Now I need to figure out how to get it to run off myide II. I have all my files in the Fat32 partition, and can't access those files from mydos on the cart. Maybe I'll buy another CF card and set it up differently...I sill have not found any printable docs on the myide II.. just videos. I would love to get SAM running for the swap meet put on by PRGE here in Portland, Jan 18th.

• 2 weeks later...

such great, funny and interesting software...

german was hard, was it was nearly possible, even if the spellings looks strange in written form, haha.

inspired by this I tried such thing just to do in basic and it worked with some words, but you needed phantasy, hehe...

8bit rules

cheers, markus

Be aware though that some software conflicts with the software that composes the modified OS that MyIde uses and will not work.

Just for the h of it, I typed in a Compute magazine proofreader that would work in an emulator and work on an Atari but only without MyIde attached.

I am unsure of any increase in compatability if one uses a burned modified OS chip in place of the Atari OS.

A singing SAM is called Vocaloid, não?

Yes Sir! Vocaloid is a program who used synthetized voices for sing for PC and Festival (http://devel.freebsoft.org/singing-computer) too, but for atari 8 bits never heard something like it... I remember a spanish version (under basic), you can modificate tone and speed, is enough?

Greatings and Happy New Year 2014!

Yes Sir! Vocaloid is a program who used synthetized voices for sing for PC and Festival (http://devel.freebsoft.org/singing-computer) too, but for atari 8 bits never heard something like it... I remember a spanish version (under basic), you can modificate tone and speed, is enough?

There was at least a third-party external voice box you could connect to the SIO. It came with a set of demo programs written in Basic, one of them included the option to let the voice box sing. Well, sort-of, I would say. It allowed to modify the base-pitch of the vocals.

Greatings and Happy New Year 2014!

Yes, there is an Spanish version, but it is not official.

They did a phonetic correlation for it, and it sounds very close to Spanish.