IGNORED

Geneve Support

RobertLM78

On 12/11/2019 at 7:42 PM, FarmerPotato said:

I downloaded the files that were there about 3 weeks ago.  Is there a file you need/want, or were you just grabbing files, etc?

Beery

Yeah, I could not get Gazoo's hard disk image, part 1 zip file, Yahoo says it's got malware (which is surely false)

Otherwise I have a dump of all the other files + whtech.   I also downloaded your message base dump and read a bunch of it. Thanks for covering this!

I'm cataloging all the known Geneve software, for use in testing (and my enjoyment).

I'll post my catalog on the Geneve Software thread, for review and further additions.

On 12/13/2019 at 10:39 AM, BeeryMiller said:

I downloaded the files that were there about 3 weeks ago.  Is there a file you need/want, or were you just grabbing files, etc?

Beery

Well, I just checked and apparently that file did not download.  Yahoo is preventing it from being downloaded as it thinks there is malware in the file.

Does anyone have this file, it is named MdosGpl.zip.001

Without it, the other files are useless.

Beery

The file MdosGpl.zip.001 is downloadable this evening on YahooGroups in the Geneve section.  Yahoo must have turned off the virus checking on files as they start to drop parts of the system.

I downloaded the file, and used the hsplit.exe program to reassemble the parts.  My version of MESS I have does not recognize the reassembled hd image, however, I believe I must have put the file together sometime in the past as I have a MdosGPL.hd file aready, but with what I presume is an apparent conversion.

Beery

8 minutes ago, BeeryMiller said:

The file MdosGpl.zip.001 is downloadable this evening on YahooGroups in the Geneve section.  Yahoo must have turned off the virus checking on files as they start to drop parts of the system.

I downloaded the file, and used the hsplit.exe program to reassemble the parts.  My version of MESS I have does not recognize the reassembled hd image, however, I believe I must have put the file together sometime in the past as I have a MdosGPL.hd file aready, but with what I presume is an apparent conversion.

Beery

Yahoo tells me : (for the 001er)

Found malware in the request data

1 hour ago, BeeryMiller said:

Beery

for me, it's still showing the Malware error.
As long as you've got it preserved!

12 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Beery

I too, have these files, I will try to locate them tonight.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Schmitzi said:

Do you also have it "unpacked" from .HD, in a .ZIP-file ?

(maybe to save users here from doing the same work)

I would have downloaded the 3 files and then used the appropriate program to sew it together then un archived it to the .HD file it was. I don't have it disected any further than that. I have used it in MAME and opened it with TI image tool, I believe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RickyDean said:

This is the 2013er Version of the HD-file.

There was an earlier version from 2010, where the 001-file is corrputed and not downloadable.

But I think it´s OK, as the 2013 is newer and bigger

Edited by Schmitzi
  • Like 1