IGNORED

Touch screen controls for emulation.....It doesn't bother me!

sandmountainslim

Am I the only one who doesn't really have a problem with touch screen d pads and buttons on classic emulators?

I have the 2600.emu , JohnNES, JohnGBC and JohnGBA on my android phone and on my daughter's Android tablet and they all work just fine to me. I know a bluetooth gamepad would probably feel a bit better but NOT enough for me to lug around a controller when I can use the controls right there on my screen.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I would be I am not especially when it comes to people gaming on a smartphone.

Bothers me quite a bit. I find that without a physical controller of some kind I easily slide off the screen controls in mid-game.

I bought a 8-Bitty controller to work with my iPad and I find that works terrifically with games that have the support built in.

Edited by ls650

Oh I'm sure the controllers are GREAT but I normally game with my phone, using it as a handheld device. I play in short bursts and usually at work so it pretty much gets used like a Gameboy The 2600 games work exceptionally well in that manner with touch controls. Sometimes I will Mis-Tap during an NES game but it's no big deal.

I can't stand touch screen controls and can't be bothered to lug around a gamepad. As a result, I don't bother with emulation on most of my portable devices.

As ls650 says, its too easy to slide outside of the control boundary. Also, the controls either cover up the action or take up precious screen area.

I find touchscreen d-pads absolutely infuriating and useless.

I run a wired XBOX360 controller into my Surface RT tablet and it makes for a nice little portable emulation rig. The only thing that stands in the way of it being a "great" portable emulation rig is the fact that the 360 controller d-pad is so terrible.

• 2 weeks later...