IGNORED

Favorite 2600 Game Company - Poll

JacobZu7zu7

Popular companies Atari and Activision not included.  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What 3rd party company makes your favorite 2600 games?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

VOTE FOR THE 3RD PARTY GAME COMPANY THAT YOU LIKE BEST, THE ONE THAT MAKES YOUR FAVORITE/S 2600 TITLES....

YOU CAN DECIDE IF YOU WANT TO VOTE MORE FOR QUANITY OR QUALITY.

NO ATARI OR ACTIVISION! - The results would be too predictable in Atari or Activisions favor, this could be a battle in the next poll, maybe?

If you're not sure what to vote for, check out the companies games list here,

http://atariage.com/company_list.html?SystemID=2600

• Like 1

NO ATARI OR ACTIVISION! - The results would be too predictable in Atari or Activisions favor, this could be a battle in the next poll, maybe?

If you're not sure what to vote for, check out the companies games list here,

http://atariage.com/company_list.html?SystemID=2600

Since Atari was excluded, I think Sears Telegames should also be excluded since all but 3 of their releases were also Atari releases. Whaddya think, Jake?

• Like 2

Alien, Spacemaster X7, Bank Heist, 20th Century Fox!

Also Fantastic Voyage and Worm War 1 :!: I almost voted 20th Century, but I thought Imagic edged them out due to their sheer number of decent to very good titles :)

Until I checked out the full list of 20th Century Fox games (see link above), I didn't realize that the protrotype, Alligator People, was made by 20th Cent and that this game was originally meant to be Planet of the Apes!!

Meltdown is another good prototype made by 20th Cent. Now I almost wish I had voted differently :roll:

Edited by Gorfy
  • Like 1

Imagic for me, followed closely by M-Network.

Imagic is my number one pic for games like Atlantis, Demon Attack and Dragonfire. I also loved the look of their carts. The silver labels and the unique shape was really cool.

Being a serious advertising buff I feel they even made some great TV spots. They were the total package. Style and substance.

• Like 1

I went with 20th Century Fox, because of Alien, Porky's, Fantastic Voyage, Flash Gordon, Crypts of Chaos.

Then there's goodies like this...

Beany Bopper,Bank Heist, Beefsteak, Turmoil...

Many good FOX games, 3 to 5 are in my top 15!

The only game I hate is Deadly Duck, is that a pre-Howard the Duck bomb moment ?! :P

Imagic...simply due to the fact that 30+ years later, their library is still head and shoulders above all the others with regards to replay-ability. I was surprised to not see Activision included in the list though, as it was actually a 3rd party company, unlike Atari. If Activision was in the mix, it would have been a much closer horse race IMHO...but I think I still would have given the nod to Imagic.

Imagic...simply due to the fact that 30+ years later, their library is still head and shoulders above all the others with regards to replay-ability. I was surprised to not see Activision included in the list though, as it was actually a 3rd party company, unlike Atari. If Activision was in the mix, it would have been a much closer horse race IMHO...but I think I still would have given the nod to Imagic.

You're right Activision is 3rd party, but had it been up on this list, it would steal the show easily, with so many titles to it's name... and we'd have predictable votes to Activision. Heck, I'd vote it :)

Isn't there any CBS or Coleco fans out there?! I'm a little surprised at what a large lead Imagic has now in votes, Imagic has a lot of great titles don't get me wrong, but I think other companies such as M Network, Parker Bros. and the like, are right up there. In my opinion... I find the other companies better then Imagic, Imagic wasn't even in the running for me.

I'll explain my Imagic game experiences to why it's not in the top 5 game companies to me.

Fire Fighter isn't as fun or challenging as Towering Inferno.

Moonsweeper , searching for moon refugees, if you stay farthest left or right, you don't get hit and game goes as long as you want. WEAK! Ruined it for me. I prefer most other spaces games now.

Quick Step could be done better...

Riddle of Sphinx, a good adventure game, but a tad dull, as is Fathom once you beat them both.

Trick Shot a nice game, but not at all a favorite of mine.

No Escape, fun but really difficult, I can't get seem to get any better at it!

Atlantis, Not bad! I prefer it on Odyssey 2 (favorite version of it!) and Intellivision. The speed is amazing on O2 version of Atlantis by the way... I'd say it's 3 times faster, and your eyes won't even be able to see it';s so fast on highest difficulty, yet still playable!

- My Favorites from Imagic,

Demon Attack, great game... no complaint at all.

Cosmic Ark, really tough and pretty fun.

Dragonfire, probably my favorite version of it.

Laser Gates, a lot of game and challenge in this one, nice side shooter and more exciting then Vanguard.

Star Voyager, my favorite Imagic game... I think I'm the only one lol ;)

(Paddle) - Solar Storm, awesome paddle game!!!

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

I picked IMAGIC for Demon Attack, but I can't recall any of the other games on ATARI by them. I just remember LOVING EVERY game they made for INTELLIVISION!!!

Beauty and the Beast, Demon Attack, Atlantis (except those buttons used on the controller for that game were PAINFUL!!!), Dragon Fire, ...all GREAT titles on INTELLIVISION.

Wasn't Cosmic Ark a game they did for Atari? That was fun.

Activision would be a VERY close second.

• Like 1

No Mythicon? :P

This is a tough call. All those companies made games I like. All told, though, I'd probably have to say Fox made the more than the rest here. Fast Eddie, Fantastic Voyage, Spacemaster X-7, Crash Dive, Bank Heist, Alien, Beany Bopper, Turmoil, Worm War I...

I think Imagic is overrated. Their games all look very pretty, but not too many of them really interest me (those being Subterranea, Moonsweeper, and Solar Storm). I prefer their Intellivision lineup.

Parker Brothers for me, definetly. Most good memories attached to that name for me. Frogger, Return of the Jedi, GI Joe Cobra Strike (Action Force where I live), Popeye, Q-Bert and the insanely awesome Reactor. Cool looking cart design as well.

...closely followed by Imagic and Activision...

Edited by karokoenig
  • Like 3