IGNORED

Announcing: Free Play Florida!

prOk

Hi everyone!

We have just announced that the Southern Pinball Festival after having completed it's 3rd year in orlando florida with record attendance that we are changing to Free Play Florida for 2014. We are making the leap from pinball only to an all inclusive show for gaming in general including pinball, arcade video games, consoles and a gaming maker village under 20,000 air conditioned square feet just 20 minutes from Disney in late November!

We would love to see a representation of Atari Age members at the event and are open to classic console events/contests we could have. Plans include 250+ coin op arcade machines from all eras, consoles also from all eras, vendors, and tournaments.

Please, follow our updates on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida and we look forward to seeing you there!

/brian

post-24140-0-58832900-1387157139_thumb.png

Edited by prOk
  • Like 1

Love to have you all there! Please, help us spread the word. All of us involved in the show are collectors and passionate about the hobby and trying to make something genuinely cool for the southeast US. Myself i'm a loooong time 2600 and 8bit atari collector (have a ton of other computers and consoles too but mainly atari).

sorry about the facebook thing, seems something about the forum munged in part of the post in the hyperlink. Easiy enough though, just look for freeplayflorida on facebook and we're there!

Does atariage now have some kind of time lock on posts now that you cannot edit them to fix things after a certain time has passed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone!

We have just announced that the Southern Pinball Festival after having completed it's 3rd year in orlando florida with record attendance that we are changing to Free Play Florida for 2014. We are making the leap from pinball only to an all inclusive show for gaming in general including pinball, arcade video games, consoles and a gaming maker village under 20,000 air conditioned square feet just 20 minutes from Disney in late November!

We would love to see a representation of Atari Age members at the event and are open to classic console events/contests we could have. Plans include 250+ coin op arcade machines from all eras, consoles also from all eras, vendors, and tournaments.

Please, follow our updates on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/freeplayflorida and we look forward to seeing you there!

/brian

what are the dates for the 2014 expo???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

post-24140-0-88264600-1399775347_thumb.jpgJust an update! We have our finished artwork from DC Comics artist Bobby Timony and boy did he do it up right for us. We gave a direction of having a number of classic good guys have something in common to battle a huge foe. After Bobby stewed on the idea this poster was the result giving us Chun le and Samus Aran going into battle with Ms Pac Man to take on armies of space invaders and rampaging monsters using their BFG's from Doom.

What started out as 'what if two heros from video games of different times were fighting with others, what would that look like? It would look a lot like this:
We will have very limited quantities available at the show for as little as $5!

/brian

Free Play FLorida

Edited by prOk

• 2 months later...

I'm definitely going to be there. I went to the JAX Arcade Expo back in January and the Florida A.P.E. back two weeks ago so I'm not going to miss out on this one for sure. Plus, this event is the closest of the three from where I live.

Wait a minute, you went there as well? No way! If I passed by you, I hope to bump into ya and say "hi" this time! That expo was how I found out about this.

I'll be about nine miles from Magic Kingdom come August, so this'll be really close to me!

I wore atariage shirts (Don't shoot, AtariAge, and then the Jax arcade one(not an Atariage shirt)) and an FEMALE and I only was slightly noticed at SEPF and JAX... we brought Big Guns to JAX and wanted to pick up an EM but they wanted too much as it needed a full repaint... unless it is radioactive. LOL

Now looking for a CHime based early SS instead

Missed knowing there were other Atarians there... booo hisss

Edited by FireTiger

Hey, that was an idea we were batting around today. In the southeast there are a lot of different groups people belong to like the village, POPS, FLIPS clubs etc,KLOV, PINSIDE and AA.. so we were considering doing some small decals that you can choose to stick to your lanyard at the show to identify what communities you tend to be at which would hopefully make it easier for people to introduce themselves.. does that sound cool? would you like to be able to put an ATARI AGE decal on your lanyard? would AA approve of it?

I too was at the Jax expo supporting my friends Steve and Doug there, and of course the ever awesome Marcel down at ape, looking forward to seeing some of you at Free Play. We just announced a few world record arcade events as well as the 501 legion, Pac Man himself, Walter Day, Billy Mitchell and Richie Knucklez will all be in the house! Really shaping up to be a fun event!