IGNORED

ANTIC Atari Podcast Topic Ideas

Subby

Yep — just Atari 8-bits. You might call it limiting, I call it nice and focused.

Please keep it this way. There are lot of other resources for other systems which they can all use, but we have very little 8-bit Atari computer specific content out there and this is very much needed to fill this void.

If other systems were included, the A8 would only end up a fraction of the show content and then we would be back to square one.

• Like 1

Please keep it this way. There are lot of other resources for other systems which they can all use, but we have very little 8-bit Atari computer specific content out there and this is very much needed to fill this void.

If other systems were included, the A8 would only end up a fraction of the show content and then we would be back to square one.

Ditto for me, too! Please.

• Like 1

I would be interesting in hearing about some of the programming carts for the A8, especially the one called The Monkey Wrench i used to have when I programmed on my Atari 800. Also on the Atarilab modules :)

Been enjoying the show! It has gotten me messing around with my old Atari 800 and 400 again :)

Being that it is a podcast, the best types of things to do are interviews with Atari-related people and news.

I would love to see if you guys could track down Greg Christensen of Caverns of Mars fame. He seems to have disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Allan

:grin:

Kudos to all the great suggestions guys! Personally, i would love to hear/find out more on the 8-Bit version of MIDI Maze, plus anything and everything XEGS related!

Thanks and keep up the great work gents! ;-)

• Like 1

I disagree that there is very little 8-bit Atari content out there. I think there is a lot more 8-bit Atari content than Atari ST content. Maybe you're not looking hard enough?

I agree that there should be separate podcasts for the consoles and the ST line. If they were included, the podcasts would be 4-5 hours long. Way too long for me, but "extreme" commuters might like it though. :P Would the AtariPodcast.com owner be willing to host the other Atari podcasts? It would make sense.

While Randy takes care of the AtariPodcast site I personally don't think having another podcast listed would be a problem. (Easy for me to say, right? :) )

The real issue would be the hosting of the podcast MP3 file itself. That the podcast creators would have to handle themselves. (Libsyn, Cyberears, etc.)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Interview Fred Thorlin of APX

Hi Kevin,

During his interview, Fred Thorlin mentioned that he was staying in touch with Bruce Irvine, a former VP of Software Engineering in Atari's Home Computer division, who later founded Mindset Corporation with Roger Badertscher, a former President of Atari's Home Computer division.

He might be able to share his perspective on the Atari stories he shares with Roger since the latter apparently declined an interview.

Did Fred every help you to seek an interview with Bruce?