IGNORED

Classic games are getting expensive

mbd30

Apparently in the US, newer televisions doesn't accept analog RF signals anymore.

My newish LED TV (bought brand-new a couple years ago) accepts RF signal thru the coax Cable/Antenna input just fine.

I definitely noticed the rise in prices with NES stuff over the last few years in particular,it's crazy. Even on Craigslist I would see ads of people trying to sell a single NES consolle with like only 1 game for like 100 bucks or something. On eBay, 100 bucks for only a 20 - 40 NES game lot? no thanks lol.

Tell me about it! I recently bought 4 loose NES games on eBay, and it cost me over $60. That's roughly $15 per game cartridge (loose). But they are good games that I will enjoy. Keep in mind that games made/published by Nintendo, SunSoft, Konami, Capcom, etc, back in the day cost $30 - 40 per game :!:

• Like 1

Its funny how, most of the nes games that are going for 40-50 dollars now, back in the day those exact games were hugely massproduced, shipped off to 100s of thousands of stores and were produced for almost the full console lifespan. there is certainly no short of supply, people just price em high because of "Nostalgia".

• Like 1

I still remember finding bunch of new NES games, the "original" reissue of 2 Zelda, Metroid, and Punch Out in Walmart clearance bin for $5. Wish I bought them out, I could probably get enough money to replace my car or get a Neo Geo system with the best multi cart.

• Like 1

I still remember finding bunch of new NES games, the "original" reissue of 2 Zelda, Metroid, and Punch Out in Walmart clearance bin for $5. Wish I bought them out, I could probably get enough money to replace my car or get a Neo Geo system with the best multi cart.

Only 10/12 years ago, there were carboard boxes shockfull of NES, SNin and GameBoy games and consoles on garage sales here. Prices were like 50cents/1€ for a cart. Sure most were loose, but even with the boxes, it was dirt cheap. But meeh at the time, I though that it would remain this way.

Here is a great example of how VG prices(NES in particular)have gone up in recent years. I just saw this ad on my local Craigslist just now and sigh.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/vgm/5039646491.html

$125 for only 29 games!?!? Meh... I think it's also because people have become more greedy during this decade,and also add inflation rates into that.

I feel lucky to have gotten into serious VG collecting 12 years ago. I miss going into Goodwill and seeing a bunch of used NES games for really cheap. I remember buying a used Zelda game at my local Goodwill for like 6 bucks in 2007,and have to laugh when I look on eBay today and people are trying to sell the same single game for like 100 bucks. Back in the 00's it was common for me also to find a ton of used NES games at Goodwill but not anymore. I even remember scoring 3 sealed boxed NES games at Goodwill back in 2003,all for under 20 dollars.

Maybe once in awhile I'll see a good deal on eBay but very rarely. That's why I love super obscure consoles nobody has never heard of before or care. Like the Acetronic MPU 1000!!!

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

Well English may not care about, but German loves their own version, the Interton VC4000 :D When I bough one boxed, I paid about 50€for it (plus shipping) now they go for more around 100€, and the Interton games sell for 5/10 each, and there aren't games lots for sale so much.

I saw a slight increase in Radofin games prices too, but far less important.

The Craigslist ad I posted was removed by it's author,but here's another good example of prices in NES games going up...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-22-Nintendo-NES-Games-No-Duplicates-Mario-Bros-Super-C-/171822315854

100 bucks for only 20 games!?!? lol They look cool but I sure wouldn't pay 100 for that.

I also wonder if people actually go by the pricing guides. According to this it seems NES games should be much cheaper than what people usually charge them for.

http://nintendo-price-guide.com/nes/l_games.html

Edited by lushgirl_80
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Craigslist ad I posted was removed by it's author,but here's another good example of prices in NES games going up...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-22-Nintendo-NES-Games-No-Duplicates-Mario-Bros-Super-C-/171822315854

100 bucks for only 20 games!?!? lol They look cool but I sure wouldn't pay 100 for that.

I also wonder if people actually go by the pricing guides. According to this it seems NES games should be much cheaper than what people usually charge them for.

http://nintendo-price-guide.com/nes/l_games.html

Totally agree!! With these games. I'd pay $60 tops. Definetley not $100. Here is a loose 186 game lot for $1,800!! What pains me about it is the seller doesn't take the time to type down which games are in the auction/listing. If you want to be a reputable seller. Take many photos and put down what is in the auction. If they don't it shows they are lazy and don't care about the buyer. I always take many pics. Photos of testing to make sure the system worksand every detailed description of showing what is included. Amazing how prices just skyrocketed. I have around 200 NES games. I got all my original Mega Man games back in the 90's. I started collecting in 1997. The games were $10 loose then except for the first it was about $20. Now these 6 games run for $400-$500 altogether on ebay in a lot!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/361310460030?nav=SEARCH

Totally agree!! With these games. I'd pay $60 tops. Definetley not $100. Here is a loose 186 game lot for $1,800!! What pains me about it is the seller doesn't take the time to type down which games are in the auction/listing. If you want to be a reputable seller. Take many photos and put down what is in the auction. If they don't it shows they are lazy and don't care about the buyer. I always take many pics. Photos of testing to make sure the system worksand every detailed description of showing what is included. Amazing how prices just skyrocketed. I have around 200 NES games. I got all my original Mega Man games back in the 90's. I started collecting in 1997. The games were $10 loose then except for the first it was about $20. Now these 6 games run for $400-$500 altogether on ebay in a lot!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/361310460030?nav=SEARCH

This seller knows exactly what he's doing: taking a bunch of cheap NES games and putting it together in hopes to fool someone into thinking they're getting a nice set.

• Like 1