IGNORED

PRICE CHECK ON SEALED COLECOVISION GAMES

market for sealed for colecovision is hard to predict. It is a small market for colecovision and it is a count on 2 hands market probably of people that care about sealed coleco games. Factor in that these are not expensive titles to begin with and I would say you wouldn't get much. I personally would say they are only worth what a regular non sealed version is worth but then again I am not one of those 10 people that care about sealed games.

My guess for New-In-Box (NIB) is 40 for Pitstop, 60 for Jumpman Junior and 150 for Gateway to Apshai, unfortunately this last one looks very crushed.

Besides we would need more opinions to confirm if them are sealed. And I'm wondering why the spine for Apshai looks different.

For common CIB (not NIB) I would think in 20, 35 and 70.

You could always place them on eBay at a low starting bid and let interested parties set the price through their bids.

The Epyx titles are not very rare, even CIB they can range in price from only $15 for Pitstop to $35-$40 for the other two. I don't have a clue as to Sealed values, but I will say that now that people that might be interested know that you have multiple copies of some of them... The offers might not be as high.

As far as the shrinkwrap plastic, hard to really know one way or the other.

You could always place them on eBay at a low starting bid and let interested parties set the price through their bids.

The Epyx titles are not very rare, even CIB they can range in price from only $15 for Pitstop to $35-$40 for the other two. I don't have a clue as to Sealed values, but I will say that now that people that might be interested know that you have multiple copies of some of them... The offers might not be as high.

As far as the shrinkwrap plastic, hard to really know one way or the other.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. We'll see what happens. I had some other ones I had questions about, does anybody know anything about FATHOM for CV by IMAGIC? I did some research and saw that it was significantly more valuable then the tele games FATHOM. Is this true? Some price lists are completely off so I wasn't sure if that was bogus or not. Thanks again for the inputs/info everyone.

All the games are more expensive than their telegames release unless the telegames release is of something that was not produced like skiing, boulder dash, etc...

Fathom is considerably more rare. On ebay who knows how high it could go in a bidding war 200 - 300 otherwise it is probably worth around 150 - 200 in a non bidding war.

He also totally disregarded all of the advice he received here. In that condition there is no way he hits any of those BINs and I doubt anyone will bid.

As the old saying goes, "Opinions are like a.. h.... and everyone has one.". I guess we are the a.. h.... for offering our opinions freely and should start charging before we offer our's freely.

Sarcasm aside, the starting bid prices for Pitstop and Jumpman Junior aren't all that bad for being sealed copies. However, Gateway is over the top, but we've all seen things sell for outrageous prices before that we thought no one would go for.

As the old saying goes, "Opinions are like a.. h.... and everyone has one.". I guess we are the a.. h.... for offering our opinions freely and should start charging before we offer our's freely.

Sarcasm aside, the starting bid prices for Pitstop and Jumpman Junior aren't all that bad for being sealed copies. However, Gateway is over the top, but we've all seen things sell for outrageous prices before that we thought no one would go for.

Pitstop certainly isn't mint condition and it's hard to tell on Jumpman, although it looks like the plastic is dirty or that there is some mold growth perhaps under the plastic causing that cloudy look. I just don't think there are that many sealed Colecovision collectors and the few that are out there likely want pristine copies if they are going to buy sealed. As such, I do think his pricing is well outside of reasonable and although things can sell for outrageous prices, I've never seen something in bad shape go for a premium.

Edited by bojay1997

I appreciate all the advice, and obviously I put a stupid buy it now, why wouldn't you? anything can happen. If it doesn't sell, it doesn't sell. but as some of you guys noted above you never know whats gonna sell at a stupid price so I figured why not start high and I can always come down. It's not like I put them on atariage at that stupid price. anyways thanks again to the people above that actually tried to help.

Edited by mjackowski21@gmail.com

Good luck with the auctions - It would be cool after its all said and done and you've sold them all off, the story behind how you got them. There's a couple in there that I'm eyeing but I agree Matt, a high buy it now at Christmas time is not the worst idea....just sayin.

Disagree. Many buyers including myself will ignore auctions with ridiculous BINs for not so rare items like these. If you're serious about selling something, you just start it at a buck and let the auction run its course.

I m really surprised there is this much hate. I'll be honest guys, since I've been on this site, I find it more ridiculous the individuals who buy homebrews for $60 and throw them on Ebay and turn a quick $200 just because the buyers weren't privy to the info on where to get it for $60. He found legitimate games and some were old stock sealed and he asked for some advice...

One thing to point out, he had a supercharger game set on there for $60 - no bids - primarily because he did not list atari or arcadia in the title. I wasn't made aware of them until I saw his colecovision games. His relisting sold for $82. Just say good luck and move on guys - it's unbecoming of the forum to backbite a new member even if he's only here for advice.

• Like 1

I m really surprised there is this much hate. I'll be honest guys, since I've been on this site, I find it more ridiculous the individuals who buy homebrews for $60 and throw them on Ebay and turn a quick $200 just because the buyers weren't privy to the info on where to get it for $60. He found legitimate games and some were old stock sealed and he asked for some advice...

One thing to point out, he had a supercharger game set on there for $60 - no bids - primarily because he did not list atari or arcadia in the title. I wasn't made aware of them until I saw his colecovision games. His relisting sold for $82. Just say good luck and move on guys - it's unbecoming of the forum to backbite a new member even if he's only here for advice.

The issue from my perspective is that this guy came here purportedly asking for advice. He was given that advice and then he totally disregarded it. He also stated that he really isn't serious about selling it. He could have simply gone directly to Ebay and posted the ridiculous prices he is asking without wasting any of our time. So IMHO, it's unbecoming of both the OP and you to waste everyone's time.

Edited by bojay1997

Listen, I'm not here to start a flame-up. Actually I was trying to sorta quell any harsh words but I can see that has failed. So I'll leave it at this. When I first was introduced to this site, I had just purchased a Coleco Adam boxed with the Colecovision. I came here and asked of the rarity and value figuring this is the go to place. I had price quotes of anywhere from $250 to $500. Nice. Then one pops on Ebay a few months later and it sells for just under 1k in 12 minutes with a buy it now.

Now, I've looked at OP auctions both past and present. He cuts prices for those that don't sell and does well for those that do. If I were him, the only thing I would have done differently is I wouldn't have posted a pic of 10 or so sealed Jumpman Jrs. The market for that won't support a high price. He has some good games at good prices and I wish him the best of luck.