IGNORED

Unwrapping Sega games on Christmas Morning circa 1991-1998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKAvEL7w674

Hey retrogaming guys and gals. I know this is my first post here (I cannot believe I went so many years not knowing about Atari Age!) but I hope you don't mind me sharing something special with you. What we have here is a compilation I put together for the holidays. It's fast cut home movie clips of me unwrapping every Sega video game I received as a gift on Christmas Morning. These were the golden years... 1991-1998. I came from a middle class family who struggled with money just like everyone else... but my Mom and Dad loved giving me gifts on Christmas and my DAD loved video games! We shared in the hobby of playing and collecting games all through the years growing up. I was a lucky kid. :-)

In particular, this video is very special because my Dad passed away in 2007. It's so wonderful that he captured all these magical memories on tape, especially since it's all VINTAGE SEGA. It brings me great joy to share these, some of the most cherished moments of my life, with all you retrogamers! The video has been received so well since I uploaded it a week ago. Even Sega commented on it and shared it on their facebook page! That was a mindblowing moment.

Please enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Edited by NowThereAreNoLimits
  • Like 10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKAvEL7w674

Hey retrogaming guys and gals. I know this is my first post here (I cannot believe I went so many years not knowing about Atari Age!) but I hope you don't mind me sharing something special with you. What we have here is a compilation I put together for the holidays. It's fast cut home movie clips of me unwrapping every Sega video game I received as a gift on Christmas Morning. These were the golden years... 1991-1998. I came from a middle class family who struggled with money just like everyone else... but my Mom and Dad loved giving me gifts on Christmas and my DAD loved video games! We shared in the hobby of playing and collecting games all through the years growing up. I was a lucky kid. :-)

In particular, this video is very special because my Dad passed away in 2007. It's so wonderful that he captured all these magical memories on tape, especially since it's all VINTAGE SEGA. It brings me great joy to share these, some of the most cherished moments of my life, with all you retrogamers! The video has been received so well since I uploaded it a week ago. Even Sega commented on it and shared it on their facebook page! That was a mindblowing moment.

Please enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Very sorry about your dad's passing,I''m 16 so I hope I don't experience that for a long time.Anyway the expression on your face when unwrapping those games are priceless :) .Also who gets that many games for Christmas(I'm so jealous :grin: )?.You said your family struggled with money yet they get you these expensive Video games !.You were a very well off child just for the simple fact that you had a Genesis AND a Sega CD.Again very cool and welcome to Atari Age!.Also what is your opinion of the Sega CD as it gets alot of hate which IMO does not deserve and you grew up with one.

Great video. But as xDragonWarrior said... you had a Genny, a Sega-CD and got over tons of games in one Christmas! Your classmates must have thought you were rich! I would have at least, I got no more than one or two games on Christmas, maybe another one from my Grandma. I think I would have suffered a stroke unboxing this X-mas goodness!

It's also great to see how genuinely happy you are about everything, and how happy your parents seem (your dad by his voice, and your mom sitting next to you I presume). :)

My condolences about your dad. It's good his son grew up so thankful for what his parents did for him though. :)

Great video. But as xDragonWarrior said... you had a Genny, a Sega-CD and got over tons of games in one Christmas! Your classmates must have thought you were rich! I would have at least, I got no more than one or two games on Christmas, maybe another one from my Grandma. I think I would have suffered a stroke unboxing this X-mas goodness!

It's also great to see how genuinely happy you are about everything, and how happy your parents seem (your dad by his voice, and your mom sitting next to you I presume). :)

My condolences about your dad. It's good his son grew up so thankful for what his parents did for him though. :)

Actually, yes, I dealt with a lot of that in school. No one else had a gamer father so no one quite understood why I owned so many games. My close friends loved it though as they often played all the games with me!

Thank you for your words about my Dad. He truly was so loving. I even recall one time we were at a Kay Bee Toy Store. My friend was short on cash and wanted to buy Zen The Intergalactic Ninja on the NES. Feeling bad for him, my Dad purchased the game and really made his day. It's just the kind of guy my Dad was. He was a big kid.

Holy crap was that an awesome vid! Loved the expressions, excitement and funny lines too. :lol:

You guys must have been one hardcore Sega gaming family... *still* getting excited about SMS games, even after you had the Genesis and CD attachment!

PSYCHO FOX! :rolling:

Oh yes, we definitely were. And as you pointed out, I was a retrogamer even in '98 lol. Even across the country in New York (we're from Texas) my Dad's sister and her children (my cousins) were big gamers and huge on Sega. It was one big gamer family!

• Like 2

It makes it all the more special that you enjoyed the SMS so late since you are from the US. I mean in Europe the SMS was bigger than the NES (though the difference wasn't nearly as big as in the US), but it had a really hard time in the US. So having a kid enjoy that system when it has a Genesis as well is quite a surprise. You have a new suscriber, man. :)

• 1 month later...

You got a bunch of cool games!

Except for "Panic!" which got a rare F- from the Video Game Critic. http://videogamecritic.com/segacdmr.htm#Panic!

So The Video Game Critic constitutes if a game is bad or not?.And again NTANL,everytime I watch your video I get a little jealous and get joy out of seeing your face when you saw what game you got :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by xDragonWarrior