IGNORED

Fighter pilots needed in sector wars...

PacManPlus

Thanks Mark! :)

Like I said in the previous post it would be fantastic to be able to swap the buttons on the Euro controller so that button 2 was fire and button 1 was warp. My girlfriend was playing and I asked her and she agreed...she said she loved it and that it reminded her of mega mania. Very cool game.

Perhaps use the difficulty switch to swap the fire buttons?

Thanks, Yurkie. I have added the Right Difficulty switch to handle the orientation of the 'A' and 'B' buttons.

Is Pepper II your next arcade port by chance? I love it on the ColecoVision and I don't think it was ported to any other home consoles.

I have another idea in mind, actually. Unfortunately I've never ever seen Pepper II let alone play it. :(

This maybe a stupid ? But could you make the game 64k instead of 48k and add more speech?

The 7800 can only handle up to 48K without Bank-Switching... and I'd really like to keep this a non bankswitched game.

Thanks,

Bob

AstBlstr.A78

AstBlstr.bin

• Like 2

Any chance of paddle support? Of course, that would cause issues with the second fire button unless a lot of people had those hacked 7800 ProLine paddles that Video61 sells.

I like the idea of re-using sound fx from other 2600/7800 games. Reminds me of how 7800 Impossible Mission uses some sound fx from Jedi Arena.

As for the arcade version's subwoofer, I don't remember another space game thumping that much other than the much-later Blasteroids.

Thanks Bob. I was thinking though, wouldn't it be better if each player difficilulty switch controlled the button swap independently. Example player #1 is using euro pad and player #2 is using cx-24. In this senereo player #2 is miserable having to use the right fire button to fire.

Hi Guys :)

Still thinking of making that original game you spoke of before ? :grin:

Yes. ;)

Any chance of paddle support? Of course, that would cause issues with the second fire button unless a lot of people had those hacked 7800 ProLine paddles that Video61 sells.

No - for the exact reason you mentioned :(

Thanks Bob. I was thinking though, wouldn't it be better if each player difficilulty switch controlled the button swap independently. Example player #1 is using euro pad and player #2 is using cx-24. In this senereo player #2 is miserable having to use the right fire button to fire.

I'll look into doing that.

Thanks again, guys - assuming I can separate the player's difficulty switches, I will consider it a release candidate with that mod - of course, unless bugs are found.

The next step is the manual (yuck - I hate doing manuals).

Thanks,

Bob

• Like 1

Here's the update:

Left difficulty switch controls the orientation of player one's Fire and Warp buttons.

Right difficulty switch controls the orientation of player two's Fire and Warp buttons.

Enjoy - RC1

NOTE - only player 1's fire button can start a game.

AstBlstr.A78

AstBlstr.bin

• Like 6

So I finally tried the newest update tonight on my yurkie modded 7800 . Love the game ! Issue was I could not start the game by pressing fire with controller in port 1 . I could switch everything at the menu but fire buttons wouldnt start the game . I had to plug a controller into port 2 to start player 1 game . I tried 2 player and it does not alternate when you die . So player 1 keeps playing until game over then player 2 is up . Didnt know if that was normal or not ? Both switches did swap the fire buttons which is a very nice option to have . I got a high score of 21,520 on easy and 17,070 on hard . I will try my other yurkie modded 7800 tomorrow and see if player 1 port doesnt work to start game . I also have some stock 7800s I can try it on .

Edited by AtariBrian

Hey Brian:

That is how the game plays actually - the players only switch at the end of the sector (or if one player dies completely), not at the end of a life.

As far as starting the game, I fixed the difficulty switches (see below)

Thanks,

Bob

RC2 Attached!

AstBlstr.A78

AstBlstr.bin

• Like 2

Congratulations to Bob on an excellent game. I've compared it to the arcade and it's very faithful to the original. I guess I'd prefer to just have the eighth sector as just the last sector that you reach rather than have to search for it somehow. Either way is fine though.

Chuck

• Like 1

I hear kind of a random static tick noise. The sound of your ship or enemy ships firing kind of drown it out but if you get the first screen down to 1 enemy and don't fire and listen it becomes apparent and easy to hear all the time after that.

Seriously, Brian, your retort is that I'm too DEAF to pick up on this bug? Admittedly I'm not on a CRT playing the cart so I allow some variance, but following the given instructions registers NO STATIC TICK, even by watching my computer's audio output graphically. Would you be so kind as to record it and post up the video so we can see this error so Bob knows what to look for, if anything?

I have physical carts and there are a few others that also do it . And in super circus if you dont press your button for your guy to come out there is this awfully loud static and tick noise and it sounds like my speakers are shot but its the game . It goes away during actual gameplay . I am just giving feedback is all and would think the problem could be corrected for this and future game releases .