IGNORED

Fighter pilots needed in sector wars...

PacManPlus

Thanks, Desiv!

ok, so hopefully either removing player 2's ability to start the game resolved the issue, or maybe it was something with Brian's console/joystick?

Thanks, guys - I appreciate the help while my stuff is packed... Two more weeks until closing.

Bob

• Like 1

I was trying it on the same console that I used when it was doing it and I guess it decided to not do it this time . Probably nothing to worry about but I will still check some other consoles I have just to be sure . Hopefully tonight I can check them .

Edited by AtariBrian

Try with 5 lives instead. :)

Yeah...I think I'm going to have to try that. I was trying to keep it as "Arcade-exact" as possible. Easy (Revision 3) and three lives as I do in MAME. Then again, Sector 3 is about how I perform there as well. Guess it just goes to show how Bob nailed another arcade port for the 7800. :-D

But, I do think 5 lives are in the cards for me... ;)

Trebors' screenshot shows a high score table. I think that I have the latest revision but I have no high score table to enter into when I finish. I've made it to sector 4 a couple of times on easy/5 lives. I've tried 3-lives and hard but still no high score table. ?

This is a pretty hard game.

Chuck

The high score table is present on the real hardware with high score saving support (Via HS cart or XM).

ProSystem does not handle high score saving/mapping properly.

I am utilizing a private build of MESS, where high score saving works properly. It will be made part of the public distribution down the road.

The high score table is present on the real hardware with high score saving support (Via HS cart or XM).

ProSystem does not handle high score saving/mapping properly.

I am utilizing a private build of MESS, where high score saving works properly. It will be made part of the public distribution down the road.

The emulator I used to play on the Wii Homebrew Channel supported the hish score too.

I think it was derived from mess.

The emulator I used to play on the Wii Homebrew Channel supported the hish score too.

I think it was derived from mess.

Actually, I should have clarified. The current public release of the ProSystem emulator for Windows does not have proper high score saving. There is a private release of ProSystem for Windows that may contain high score saving plus a slew of other fixes.

Additionally, those fixes/changes are found in the Wii 7800 emulator.

For whatever reason(s) those updates/changes which can be found on the ProSystem emulator available for the Wii has not been brought over to Windows (Again, at least not publicly).

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii7800

Sadly, it has been that way for several years (2009-2010) now.

So tonight I tried a different 7800 and its also modded and the first 2 times I powered it up it went from title screen to the options screen and then my games started with the controller not even in my hand . I kept tryinig to replicate it again but nothing after that . Then tried it on another console that is stock and it just has the title screen then goes to option screen and repeats that . No automatic starts but it never goes to demo play either . I will check some more consoles I have soon .

So tonight I tried a different 7800 and its also modded and the first 2 times I powered it up it went from title screen to the options screen and then my games started with the controller not even in my hand . I kept tryinig to replicate it again but nothing after that . Then tried it on another console that is stock and it just has the title screen then goes to option screen and repeats that . No automatic starts but it never goes to demo play either . I will check some more consoles I have soon .

Ok so it sounds to me like it's not the 7800 itself - we've eliminated that.

Like edweird13 said, different power supply?

Do you have another controller? Is the one you are using a stock ProLine?

Finally, does an Asteroid cart do the same thing?

Hey Brian, sorry to be badgering you with questions :( I can't do anything here while my stuff is packed, and I did not see any issues while testing it on a CCII on the real thing before it was put away...

Thank you again for the help.

Bob

I think the culprit with the game not going into demo gameplay is having a pair of paddles plugged into port 2 . So I assume that was the issue with the intermittent starts but I will keep an eye out for it . It would be nice to know how to get every single secret bonus board by board so I could look at it and try to replicate all of them . That site isnt the clearest imo on how to get them all .

Secret Bonuses :
Number 01, bonus 2000 points. Complete the asteroid field without missing any fireballs.
Number 03, bonus 1000 points. Shoot all enemies without missing.
Number 04, bonus 700 points. Shoot all enemies before they wrap around to the other side of the screen, during waves that have the enemies that fly horizontally or diagonally.
Number 09, bonus 500, 700, 900, 1000 or 1500 points. Don't move at all when docking with the mother ship (1000 points for a PERFECTLY centered approach, 1500 points for 'the paint scraper', when you brush a docking clamp of the mother ship).
Number 12, bonus 700 points. Shoot all enemies before any escape the screen through the bottom (certain waves only).
Number 13, bonus 500 points. Shoot all enemies in proper order in sector 1.
Number 14, bonus 1000 points. Shoot all enemies in proper order in sector 2.
Number 15, bonus 1500 points. Shoot all enemies in proper order in sector 3.
Number 16, bonus 2000 points. Shoot all enemies in proper order in sector 4.
Number 17, bonus 2500 points. Shoot all enemies in proper order in sector 5.
Number 18, bonus 3000 points. Shoot all enemies in proper order in sector 6.
Number 19, bonus 3500 points. Shoot all enemies in proper order in sector 7.
Number 22, bonus 600 points. Never get laser temperature critical during the sector (awarded before docking).
Number 25, bonus 500 points. Not dying during the sector (awarded before docking).

Does that help?

Source: http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=astro-blaster&page=detail&id=129

LOL...Never-mind...It's the same list you see here: http://www.donhodges.com/Astro_Blaster_Secret_Bonus_01.htm

• Like 1

I think the culprit with the game not going into demo gameplay is having a pair of paddles plugged into port 2 . So I assume that was the issue with the intermittent starts but I will keep an eye out for it . It would be nice to know how to get every single secret bonus board by board so I could look at it and try to replicate all of them . That site isnt the clearest imo on how to get them all .

Having the Paddles plugged in could *definitely* have something to do with it as it's the paddle lines that get used for the left and right buttons. Let me know, but I think we found the issue. :)

Loving your avatar, Bob; you do realize it is begging for someone to hack the graphics in Robotron: 2084 to 'Pac-Universe' ones? :grin: ;)

Thank you :) Some very talented guys did that screen for me. As far as the second part of your sentence... no comment :ponder: :D

I'm loving the game. :thumbsup:

I didn't see any bug but I'm worried with the fuel. It's hard to pass to sector 4 because I run out of fuel. I can only imagine what's needed to pass sector 5 and on. :skull:

Let's see what this weekend bring.

Thanks! Believe it or not, sector 5 is a little shorter. Sectors 6 and 7 are the ones you have to worry about ;)

Bug report in a two players mode.

I was playing with my brother. He activated the ward in the meteor shower in sector 2, after the 10 secs, he lost his last ship and game over for him.

It was my time to begin sector 2 but enemies didn't come. I could move and fire, I couldn't use the warp.

I should write this right after the bug. Now I don't remember if laser got hotter as I keep shooting and if my fuel dropped... I guess both didn't change.

Cool video . I always use 5 guys and made it to right before sector 7 but ran out of fuel with I think 3 guys left . :mad:

I may have to try bumping up the number of ships. I try to keep Arcade ports at the Arcade settings I'm familiar with or/and the most common found configured on the Arcade machine 'back in the day'. But it sure would be nice to play above Sector 4. :-D