IGNORED

Fighter pilots needed in sector wars...

PacManPlus

Because of the fun I've had playing this game in the Prosystem emulator so far and because I've listened to the Astro Blaster edition of the No Quarters podcast, I went and sought out the original game to play on MAME this past weekend. After doing so, I found that I like Bob's version a lot better as I can actually get to and get past the docking stage on his version whereas I am constantly running out of fuel on the original.

Thanks for making it not completely accurate, Bob. :)

The Arcade ROMs version parallels as follows:

Arcade = Astro Blaster (Version 3) = Atari 7800 = Astro Blaster Skill Level Easy.

Arcade = Astro Blaster (Version 2) = Atari 7800 = Astro Blaster Skill Level Medium.

Arcade = Astro Blaster (Version 1) = Atari 7800 = Astro Blaster Skill Level Hard.

You may know that already, bikeguychicago, but an FYI for anyone else doing comparisons between the Arcade and Bob's 7800 port. :)

The Arcade ROMs version parallels as follows:

Arcade = Astro Blaster (Version 3) = Atari 7800 = Astro Blaster Skill Level Easy.

Arcade = Astro Blaster (Version 2) = Atari 7800 = Astro Blaster Skill Level Medium.

Arcade = Astro Blaster (Version 1) = Atari 7800 = Astro Blaster Skill Level Hard.

You may know that already, bikeguychicago, but an FYI for anyone else doing comparisons between the Arcade and Bob's 7800 port. :)

I played ROM3 and still ran out of fuel on the first sector. :(

Edited by bikeguychicago

• 2 weeks later...

It is going ok - the game has been done since the last post of the bin...

I am trying to get my work bench in my garage set up, and I'm looking at possibly being very busy soon, making a run of these and Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest. :)

$10 per Pokey chip is quite expensive. I'm looking for alternatives that doesn't involve de-soldering a massive chip like the Pokey.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

It is going ok - the game has been done since the last post of the bin...

I am trying to get my work bench in my garage set up, and I'm looking at possibly being very busy soon, making a run of these and Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest. :)

$10 per Pokey chip is quite expensive. I'm looking for alternatives that doesn't involve de-soldering a massive chip like the Pokey.

Thanks,

Bob

If you need anything in terms of a prepay for both of these, just let us all here know because I suspect many of us would be willing to pre-pay for these! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow... don't know how I missed this one.... :lol:

Although I was in the process of moving during most of it's early development time..

Looking forward to checking this out!

Next to Frenzy/Berzerk I think this will make #2 on my list of PacmanPlus Conversions!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it is necessary to state at this time that one would like to buy one of these to get one, but if so, please add me to that list.

I have very fond memories of playing this one in the arcade around 1980-1981, and being able to play it on my 7800 would be a real joy.