IGNORED

Fighter pilots needed in sector wars...

PacManPlus

How much K do you have left for samples?

Here is Fighter Pilots Needed in Sector War clipped at the end.

This is in 4K from an 8 bit wav file at 3500 sample rate.

Fighter.bin

I don't know how you program speech on the 7800, but this is quite simple.

Fighter.asm

There is a pearl script that outputs the data:

(It didn't like the file ending in .pl so I zipped it.)

wav2atari.pl.zip

I found a bug.

When playing two player the second player got stuck repeating the last wave (meteors? coming strait down) of the first level and the ship docking. It would just keeping repeating these two waves. My son was playing and he didn't mind because he kept racking up points. :)

Allan

Hi Guys:

@iesposta - Listened to your sample - it sounds a little more muffled than the one I'm using. :( (Thank you though)

@Allan - Hey! Thanks for finding that. I'll make sure I can reproduce it and figure it out.

@AtariBrian - Yes, there is artwork... just not showing yet. :)

Thanks,

Bob

Are the fireballs on the asteroid level appearring with the correct frequency? I was watching a high score video and there never seemed to be a moment where there wasn't a fireball streaking down the screen during the asteroid level. I ask because I get to the end of sector 3 with low fuel and I don't seem to ever get any fireballs to shoot.

Like I said in the previous post it would be fantastic to be able to swap the buttons on the Euro controller so that button 2 was fire and button 1 was warp. My girlfriend was playing and I asked her and she agreed...she said she loved it and that it reminded her of mega mania. Very cool game.

Perhaps use the difficulty switch to swap the fire buttons?

Like I said in the previous post it would be fantastic to be able to swap the buttons on the Euro controller so that button 2 was fire and button 1 was warp. My girlfriend was playing and I asked her and she agreed...she said she loved it and that it reminded her of mega mania. Very cool game.

Perhaps use the difficulty switch to swap the fire buttons?

Options are always a good thing and especially for controls . Im sure if its a possibility Bob will try and fit them in .