IGNORED

Space Patrol ROM?

DoctorTom

Either works. Just send me your proper email address if you could. I don't plan to send AA PMs; rather, I'll send a broadcast email.

I will also, naturally, post here on the AA boards. I just won't send AA PMs.

I am the same regarding Old School or any other business. Email: gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com

AA PMs won't be answered.

YES, there are still plans for another Space Patrol CIB re-release. I know it's been quite a while, but it will happen. I'm not giving any dates, and I'm not taking any pre-orders. At best, I'm collecting email addresses of people to notify when it's available. And that's it. I don't want anyone's money until I have it ready to ship.

I do have one project that has preempted SP. :-) But never fear, I'll come back to SP.

:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

It's been nearly another year since the promise of Space Patrol being released to ROM. Will this ever happen? We really need this game made available to those of us who cannot come to grips with the INTV controller... I'd be happy to pay full price for such a ROM.

Looking back in the thread:

• There's a free "teaser" ROM that has the first planet, IIRC, at either the LTO site, or the Spatula-City site, or Intellivision.us
  • No timetables have been promised
  • It may have been suggested that after another print run of SP sells out, the ROM may become available
  • Another run of SP has not occurred

Looking back in the thread:

• There's a free "teaser" ROM that has the first planet, IIRC, at either the LTO site, or the Spatula-City site, or Intellivision.us
  • No timetables have been promised
  • It may have been suggested that after another print run of SP sells out, the ROM may become available
  • Another run of SP has not occurred
  • The spteaser.rom is still available on its official website, http://spacepatrol.info/
  • The teaser has the first 10 checkpoints of all 8 courses.
  • I did do a microrelease at CGE2012.
  • I do plan to get another physical release out someday, after LTO Flash!
  • I will release the full source code and ROM for the 2007 edition once that last physical release gets made. The source code is out there already, just without all the level data.
Edited by intvnut
  • Like 1

• The spteaser.rom is still available on its official website, http://spacepatrol.info/
  • The teaser has the first 10 checkpoints of all 8 courses.
  • I did do a microrelease at CGE2012.
  • I do plan to get another physical release out someday, after LTO Flash!
  • I will release the full source code and ROM for the 2007 edition once that last physical release gets made. The source code is out there already, just without all the level data.

Thanks, intvnut! Sounds great, I guess you're just behind your original timetable.

For what it's worth, I do own the cart, I would just prefer to play it via emulation.

Finally hunted down a copy as well. One of the best games for the Intellivision in my book.

Be great to see the rom image one day to add to my rom loader selection.

Thanks, intvnut! Sounds great, I guess you're just behind your original timetable.

For what it's worth, I do own the cart, I would just prefer to play it via emulation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UZWfMgjqAs&t=0m27s

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Loved that I was able to find a new sealed copy of Space Patrol this past year and just stumbled across the full ROM being available. Thank you for that.

I do have a question and wondered if anyone else has come across this. MAME is my emulator of choice and when I try running either the teaser or full Space Patrol ROM, it comes up with a red screen and it says "Fail 0" in the intellivision font. When I run the same .bin files in Nostalgia or jzintv, it works fine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

post-38837-0-85575000-1496242317.jpg

Edited by dalves

Mame doesn't support the bin+.cfg file format; it maintains memory configurations in its own file. You could add a space patrol entry to that file. Mame does support the .rom file format. You can convert bin+.cfg rom images to .rom file format with the "bin2rom" tool that comes with jzintv. However the Mame Intellivision emulator has issues with some games and you will find that although space patrol starts in mame it crashes during game play.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try converting to ROM and see how well it works in MAME. I like using MAME not only because I can have all my console and computer emulators in one program, but when I used to use Bliss and Nostalgia, if you went to full screen it wouldn't let you set the aspect ratio to 4:3. MAME/MESS allows you to do this so the image isn't stretched.

Edited by dalves

Jzintv is the only Intellivision emulator that is actively maintained. Well, Mame might be but it has problems. Bliss does full screen 4:3 if you use alt-enter rather than expanded window. Nostalgia aspect ratio is fixed and remains a problem.