IGNORED

5200 Cartridge End Labels!

glazball

• 4 months later...

I'm glad this came up -- I'll get these made on high-gloss, die-cut, vinyl labels and they will look great. I need to do a test, though, to make sure the glue is strong enough to stay on the top of the 5200 carts. Atari's carts have a texture on the top, and there is a seam that runs down the middle. I don't want the labels to peel up. I'll cut and apply some of this label material to 5200 carts today and let them sit for a few days to see how they hold up.

I have sample label sheets from OnlineLabels.com, but these are poor-quality labels, so I won't be using them.

Also, I do like the silver style labels for Atari's carts. It would be nice to have two different sheets. One with the blue labels, and one with the silver labels. If someone wants to setup a sheet with silver labels, that would be great.

Also, I like the Vectrex labels. :)

..Al

• Like 4

I'm glad this came up -- I'll get these made on high-gloss, die-cut, vinyl labels and they will look great. I need to do a test, though, to make sure the glue is strong enough to stay on the top of the 5200 carts. Atari's carts have a texture on the top, and there is a seam that runs down the middle. I don't want the labels to peel up. I'll cut and apply some of this label material to 5200 carts today and let them sit for a few days to see how they hold up.

I have sample label sheets from OnlineLabels.com, but these are poor-quality labels, so I won't be using them.

Also, I do like the silver style labels for Atari's carts. It would be nice to have two different sheets. One with the blue labels, and one with the silver labels. If someone wants to setup a sheet with silver labels, that would be great.

..Al

Perfect! You should offer these on the AA store. Please include prototype carts and homebrews as well.

• 3 weeks later...

..Al

Any luck with doing this ? I see someone is selling the blue end labels on ebay but I would rather buy some from you if you ever decide to sell .

Very interesting. I didn't realize that Delmoko was selling label sheets on eBay for profit. I just wrote him, requesting that he take the listing down. I made these labels to share with the community for free.

I personally would love some higher quality labels myself. I'm eager to see if you can make it happen Albert! And to see how well your test stickers stuck. Unfortunately, I don't have the means or skill to make silver labels, though I'll happily share my Photoshop files with anyone who can.

As far as homebrews and prototypes, I don't own any (so didn't include them) and imo, it would always be incomplete since new homebrews will always be coming out.

As far as homebrews and prototypes, I don't own any (so didn't include them) and imo, it would always be incomplete since new homebrews will always be coming out.

Will just make more sheets. I just started a new one.

first one:

Sinistar

Maybe people could post the ones to include.

glazball, how were you thinking silver labels would look? Color spectrum with blue letters?

If Albert can make high-quality, professional looking labels available, that would be great! He is more than welcome to use the label templates I came up with and add to them if he likes. Though certainly improvements can be made (longer label for instance), I feel like I've done all I can.

I had a very bad experience with mrbigreddog a few years back, who sold me an incomplete set of N64 labels (for something like $100). They were incredible quality, but when I realized some were missing, he ignored my messages and never made good on the set. Left a very bad taste in my mouth, which is why I put these out there for free.

Delmoko wrote me a while back asking to buy a set of 5200 labels, saying he doesn't have a printer. When I explained I'm not selling them, but can easily be printed with all the instructions in the post, he said he was going to print some after all. I guess he took me not selling them as "well then I will." When I asked him to please remove his eBay listing, he said he is trying to recoup costs - which I understand, so offer them to AA members like I said in the first post. He said I "already put the information out there" which I take to mean "screw you, too bad." So Delmoko, you have joined mrbigreddog on my shitlist.

I personally would love some higher quality labels myself. I'm eager to see if you can make it happen Albert! And to see how well your test stickers stuck. Unfortunately, I don't have the means or skill to make silver labels, though I'll happily share my Photoshop files with anyone who can.

I would like to get the text images that you used.

I am trying to set up a set for metal silver labels-better adhesive. Black text on silver.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Cost me $1.59 to do all this at Kinkos!! :-D I can't believe you have the label for the multicart!! To whoever thought of this, the meme is dedicated to you!! You rock man!! Also, curiously I decided to look on ebay with Delmoko posting the 5200 labels. Asking $14!?!? What a freakin ripoff!! I'm going to buy the N64 labels on there next. $20 for a set of 200 labels. Once again whoever made the idea of the 5200 labels. A bloody THANK YOU!!! :-) They are awesome!

post-32978-0-72261000-1428617759_thumb.jpg

post-32978-0-12342200-1428617770_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Cost me $1.59 to do all this at Kinkos!! :-D I can't believe you have the label for the multicart!! To whoever thought of this, the meme is dedicated to you!! You rock man!! Also, curiously I decided to look on ebay with Delmoko posting the 5200 labels. Asking $14!?!? What a freakin ripoff!! I'm going to buy the N64 labels on there next. $20 for a set of 200 labels. Once again whoever made the idea of the 5200 labels. A bloody THANK YOU!!! :-) They are awesome!

Well thanks man, glad you like them!

I might reprint mine if Kinko's has better quality labels available. I see that the rainbow stripe across your Kinkos labels doesn't quite go all the way across the top. That's something I could easily fix because I like the longer length. Also, did you (or Kinko's) have to cut the labels?

Edited by glazball

Well thanks man, glad you like them!

I might reprint mine if Kinko's has better quality labels available. I see that the rainbow stripe across your Kinkos labels doesn't quite go all the way across the top. That's something I could easily fix because I like the longer length. Also, did you (or Kinko's) have to cut the labels?

Yes, I cut the labels. I personally like the label across the whole cart better myself.

• 1 month later...

I have a Color Laserjet and these labels worked great for me (thanks OP). I ordered the glossy ones and have a few extras.

Would anybody be interested in some prints? What do you consider a fair price?

Also I modified a few spots to cover some custom and repro Vectrex carts I have and I have attached it.

vectrex_labels_template_OL6950b.part1.rar

vectrex_labels_template_OL6950b.part2.rar

Edited by tjsynkral