IGNORED

Lost SEGA commercial found! Phantasy Star Holiday TV Spot

[video=youtube;fKM2tQldOOM]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKM2tQldOOM

http://segamastersystem.com/2013/12/19/lost-sega-commercial-found-phantasy-star-holiday-tv-spot/

"This is an amazing retrogaming find! We’ve come into possession of a lost SEGA commercial that has never seen the light of day… until today! We can’t exactly reveal our source, but my goodness is this ever cool. This unaired commercial for Phantasy Star must have been commissioned to air during the 1988 holiday season. For whatever reason, the project got shelved and was never released. We are happy to share. ;) "

• Like 10

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's fake. We put this together for our website. Thought it'd be a cool idea to take a stab at making "new" Sega commercials like the classic ones from the 90's. I'm glad you enjoyed.

That commercial is really cool!

On a side note, if you really wanted it to look more authentic, you might want to shoot your video in 4 x 3 mode and not wide screen. The wide screen is a dead give-a-way its modern. ;)

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's fake. We put this together for our website. Thought it'd be a cool idea to take a stab at making "new" Sega commercials like the classic ones from the 90's. I'm glad you enjoyed.

I enjoyed it but the whole "SEGA!" shout wasn't used until the Genesis advertising days so that was the one that threw it off for me. :P

Edited by NE146

lol people, just enjoy and accept it for the fun and good intention is was intended for, just some classic SEGA fans having fun. The fact that it would of not been marketed to adults IS PART OF THE PLAYFUL SILLINESS of it, like a parody of giving your wife a Diamond for Christmas, geez stop sweating the details. :roll: OMG THIS is why we can never move past the worst of the nerd stereotypes.

post-10336-0-67373800-1387578884_thumb.jpeg

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 3

lol people, just enjoy and accept it for the fun and good intention is was intended for, just some classic SEGA fans having fun. The fact that it would of not been marketed to adults IS PART OF THE PLAYFUL SILLINESS of it, like a parody of giving your wife a Diamond for Christmas, geez stop sweating the details. :roll: OMG THIS is why we can never move past the worst of the nerd stereotypes.

LOL you're my hero!

I appreciate all the feedback guys and I'm glad many of you liked the video.

I always intended this to be a NEW Sega commercial for an old school game. I'm a huge fan of the 90's Sega commercials that of course ended with the famous "SEGA!" scream. The "lost" commercial angle was just something fun I thought fans would enjoy.

Interesting factoid... My Dad's close friend was the director of many of those classic commercials. His production company "Colossal Pictures" invented the Sega scream. He used to send us VHS tapes of all the commercials he produced. I wish I still had those. He did many classic video game commercials in the late 80's and 90's, not just the Sega ones.

Thanks again guys.

• Like 1

Stop using my picture without permission!!! :lol:

Stop making awesome pictures then lol! This picture is a statement, and will always remind me of that glorious "new member trying to rip off Atariage members and getting the treatment he deserved!" not heard much from that "seller" recently huh? If this were Youtube you could submit a Copyright ID match claim :-D I am honouring your fine work Sir !

DERP ! I thought you meant my avatar, BRAINFART !

I wonder who that guy really is? He is certainly famous lol. I just Googled NERD and thought that was the best example.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
  • Like 1

Hey never said I didn't enjoy it. Just saying for those of us who owned SMS & Genesis in it's heyday, it was just completely different eras.. and the "SEGA!" shout is permanently etched into our brains as the "modern" 16 bit era. e.g. Might as well put a a Crazy Taxi reference in a retro Genesis commercial. Just is what it is man. :)

Stop making awesome pictures then lol! This picture is a statement, and will always remind me of that glorious "new member trying to rip off Atariage members and getting the treatment he deserved!" not heard much from that "seller" recently huh? If this were Youtube you could submit a Copyright ID match claim :-D I am honouring your fine work Sir !

DERP ! I thought you meant my avatar, BRAINFART !

I wonder who that guy really is? He is certainly famous lol. I just Googled NERD and thought that was the best example.

post-29022-0-24443300-1387768692_thumb.jpg

:grin:

Hey never said I didn't enjoy it. Just saying for those of us who owned SMS & Genesis in it's heyday, it was just completely different eras.. and the "SEGA!" shout is permanently etched into our brains as the "modern" 16 bit era. e.g. Might as well put a a Crazy Taxi reference in a retro Genesis commercial. Just is what it is man. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Many have, but there are quite a number who have been put off by the whole "lost" commercial angle. We want to make more of these. Really what we're wanting to do is make "new" Sega commercials for classic games that are funny and parody other commercials, pop culture, etc.

Commercials and consoles not known to most western audiences until the internet age doesn't count! :lol: But really.. maybe it's just me but I only hear the regular old sing-songy SMS/sonic 1 "Sega" tune at the end of those commercials. Not the 90's "extreeeeme dude!" SEGA! shout.. unless you're talking about the usual frenetic japanese speech, but even in there I don't hear it.

But whatever, it's not that serious. point taken. :)