IGNORED

Gamebase TI99/4A Version 2.1

OX.

It looks like the online file is good, as my copy just extracted fine, Gazoo--you may need to download it again. The archive should be 414,669KB long.

It took 3 tries to get a good one. Thanks!

Note to others: If you have a problem, keep trying until you get a complete file.

Gazoo

Took several tries here. Download speed fine. Left website with focus and it went fine. I know other sites that slows or stops traffic if the website looses focus. Don't know if it is the case with this download.

Looks like the RAR has grown in size, by about 350%. Looking at the bigger files, there's both MESS64 version 140 and 150, and MESS (32 bit) version 140 - the EXE files alone there is 107+ megabytes. Happy Holidays video from Nice&Games 26+ megabytes. Also a number of PDF files like the book BASIC Tricks for the TI-99/4A 9+ megabytes. I can't help but wonder if this is all on purpose/necessarily ?

Anyway, great work. Thanks.

:)

Looking at the bigger files, there's both MESS64 version 140 and 150, and MESS (32 bit) version 140 - the EXE files alone there is 107+ megabytes.

The current mess64 executable in Linux has about 40 MiB. If you have bigger executables this could mean you have a debug version; this is indeed only useful for debugging.

Also, I would recommend to switch to the 0.150 version since there have been many changes since 0.140. Many thanks to you, OX, for updating Gameshelf. You can find a current MESS version for 32 and 64 bit at http://www.mamedev.org/release.html

• 1 month later...

Seems to be my mistake. Sorry.

I was apparently too quick there. Didn't take notes or anything, so I had to choose a few random disks again. What I thought would be game titles, turned out not to be games (like music with animation). Also I think I didn't take the use of, or lack of dashes and spaces into account when looking for the Gamebase entries.

:dunce:

Seems to be my mistake. Sorry.

I was apparently too quick there. Didn't take notes or anything, so I had to choose a few random disks again. What I thought would be game titles, turned out not to be games (like music with animation). Also I think I didn't take the use of, or lack of dashes and spaces into account when looking for the Gamebase entries.

:dunce:

No problem Sometimes, I'm always looking for new stuff to add and thought I might have missed something. There's still a load of TI99 stuff listed that Is'nt in Gamebase, I'm certain some of us on here will have software in their collections that is'nt already in the Gamebase, I just wish people would take the time to check as I've ran out of internet resources.

• Like 1

What kind of tools do you use to compare thousands of TI-99 disk images, modules files with each other?
I am currently trying to find all duplicate files in my collection. It was a complete mess before, and is getting slowly better, but it is taking ages, and whenever there is a new TI meeting, somebody shares his collection with mine, and the work starts again.

Any suggestions?

What kind of tools do you use to compare thousands of TI-99 disk images, modules files with each other?

I am currently trying to find all duplicate files in my collection. It was a complete mess before, and is getting slowly better, but it is taking ages, and whenever there is a new TI meeting, somebody shares his collection with mine, and the work starts again.

Any suggestions?

Sorry Klaus, it was all done manually with my own eyes and memory, the problem being I found many duplicates but with different filenames. Would be nice if Classic99 had a drag & drop feature to mount disk images and a select & run with (Basic, EX-Basic, EA3, EA5, Mini-Mem) feature - this would speed up the process considerably.

Edited by OX.

Just downloaded the gamebase and was surprised to find three of my games I wrote as a kid included.

(I am flattered to be included). The games are:

Eagle One (which, unknown to me was once included in Tigercub disk of great XB games).

Kroakers (frogs & flies in XB) &

Super Awari.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a XB compile on Eagle One and Kroakers one day, Would the upgraded versions be something you want to add or is it just old stuff?

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 1

Just downloaded the gamebase and was surprised to find three of my games I wrote as a kid included.

(I am flattered to be included). The games are:

Eagle One (which, unknown to me was once included in Tigercub disk of great XB games).

Kroakers (frogs & flies in XB) &

Super Awari.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a XB compile on Eagle One and Kroakers one day, Would the upgraded versions be something you want to add or is it just old stuff?

Yeah sure, I'd like to add them to the Gamebase.

Here's the latest version of the Gamebase with a couple hundred new titles added plus support for MESS 150 complete with all carts in .rpk format, enjoy

http://www.filedropper.com/ti99-4av2

Hey Ox, this link is taking me to the file dropper main page where I am asked to register instead of being directed to the file itself. Do I have to register before I can access the file?

Hey Ox, this link is taking me to the file dropper main page where I am asked to register instead of being directed to the file itself. Do I have to register before I can access the file?

Looks like that one is now dead Vorticon, use the multiupload link in post #10

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like that one is now dead Vorticon, use the multiupload link in post #10

I was having all kinds of trouble with the multiupload link; mostly to do with my firewall software and content filtering software complaining of malware on the site and all kinds of non-sense. I finally fired up a VPN and hit the link, however I found that most of the links were dead, but finally had success with uppit.

That said, I went ahead and uploaded the file to my Dropbox and thought I'd just share the link for future ease of downloading this version. Here's where I put it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ei2ejswxlabpnz/TI99-4Av2.rar?m=

And thanks for all the effort you put into maintaining this fantastic database!!

• Like 2

I was having all kinds of trouble with the multiupload link; mostly to do with my firewall software and content filtering software complaining of malware on the site and all kinds of non-sense. I finally fired up a VPN and hit the link, however I found that most of the links were dead, but finally had success with uppit.

That said, I went ahead and uploaded the file to my Dropbox and thought I'd just share the link for future ease of downloading this version. Here's where I put it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ei2ejswxlabpnz/TI99-4Av2.rar?m=

And thanks for all the effort you put into maintaining this fantastic database!!

I did the "copy to my dropbox" functionality on this file... awesome! Didn't have to download it and reupload it :)