IGNORED

best Christmas ever!

Zeptari

The wife really spoiled me this year.

XB1,forza5,battlefield 4 and cod:ghosts.

plus $25 Xbox card.

and on top of that reboot the mainframe

edition.

freaking awesome.

I got the system up and running s couple

days ago. And I love it. Forza 5 is frustrating

but fun. I've racing a bunch of you guys drivatars.

I've seen beets,metal ghost and a few others.

happy holidays

see you all online

• Like 2

Glad to hear you had such an AWESOME Xbox Christmas!

I've got Forza but haven't had the chance to get into it very much. Been too busy with Lego Marvel and more so Dead Rising 3.

I'm off some days next week though, planning on checking out Forza, Need For Speed and Ryse while I'm off! Also got Skylanders Swapforce to work my way through.

Then there is that top down Halo game I noticed in the marketplace! Halo Spartan Assault. I need to look into that as well.

God bless our Xbox's, every One

I was also really surprised on Christmas morning when my wife presented me with an Xbox One and a copy of Dead Rising 3.

I've only spent about an hour hooking up and trying out the system and quickly realized I have much, much to learn about the XB1. I find it to be quite different from the 360 to maneuver around in and work with, such as installing games, finding out where items are stored and how to delete them (I didn't see the familiar Memory option in the Settings like the 360 has), where the controller battery level indicator is, and more. Going to take some time to get my senile brain used to this baby.... LOL

One thing I noticed right away (and maybe you can help me, Moycon) is that the Store seems to be set up MUCH different than the 360 store.Example: I wanted to see what app's were available and it showed me some app's (such as Most Popular) but I wasn't sure if I was seeing all of them. There was a "Search for app's" option so I clicked on it and it brought up Bing instead of a list of available app's. Is this the way its supposed to work or am I missing something?

Also noticed that I'm either going to have to invest in a Play & Charge kit or a new AA battery recharger system as I have no idea what the battery life is on the controller.

Overall, I'm quite impressed with the system and like Zeptari1, I have a GREAT wife!!

Oh... and I have read some negative reviews about Kinect not recognizing all voice commands and that MS has a lot of work to do with it. From what little time I've spent with mine, it has recognized EVERY command I've said, including voice commands in Dead Rising 3, and I have encountered no problems at all.

Edited by Mendon

Any game suggestions (other than Forza, BF4, or CoD)?

Has anyone tried Halo: Spartan Assault? I enjoy Halo games and was thinking of buying this game; any opinions?

How about Crimson Dragon? Worth the purchase?

Lego Marvel, Skylanders Swap Force, Peggle 2, or Zoo Tycoon?

(one game I'm really looking forward to is Plants vs Zombies: Open Warfare)

Edited by Mendon

I started "Ryse: Son of Rome" last night. It's good for experiencing the capabilities of the new system. It has excellent lighting and I was impressed with the graphics overall. Gameplay-wise it does a good job of making you feel like a badass. I have to remind myself that I would not fare well in a real sword fight. It is no "God of War" though.

I am also stumbling my way around the interface. I'm getting better with it. I figured out how to actually quit apps. Hitting 'B' at the home screen messes with me every time. I was also confused by the store when I went into it one way and didn't see what I expected at all. I realized that I could go to a particular part of the store by going right on the home screen. I started out yesterday with the kinect and it was pretty easy to get around with voice commands. I have disconnected it at this point because I use a front projector and all of my components are at the back of the room. The kinect cable is not even close to long enough to get it to a permanent position. I will have to wait for an extension cable to be released before I can hook it up. Overall I am not impressed by the interface as it is. It feels clunky and unfinished. I'm sure we will see a lot of improvement over the next few months but it currently feels like a step down from the 360 UI.

I like the "app" nature of the components in some cases and in others I don't. I have a real hard time using the "Friends" interface. It also takes longer than I would like to look at my achievements. This is where the 360's blade interface really works. If I'm in a game and I just want to quickly see what my friends are doing I hit the guide button and the blade interface has me covered with the push of a button. If I want to look at my achievements the process is the same. With the Xbox One I have to load an app for either of those tasks. Maybe I will like it more when I get better with the snap feature. One thing that I do like a lot is the Game DVR. Now that's next-gen!

The battery life on the controller is pretty good, I would estimate 12 or more hours. Our Xbox one gets used every day for at least an hour or two and the batteries last over a week. I use Eneloop rechargables. You can buy a lot of AA rechargables for the price of one play and charge kit, and not have to be tethered by a USB cable when the play and charge battery runs low.

My wife (who rarely uses any videogame console) loves the Xbox Fitness program. She does the P90X workouts and some of the others. She snaps TV and watches the morning news while she works out. The Kinect watches her workout, grades how she is doing, and monitors her heartbeat She has used it 5 days a week since we got our XB1.

When browsing the Xbox store, there are usually 3 dots in a box near the bottom of the screen that you can select to get a full list beyond the 3-4 games shown.

Forza 5 is only $39.99 at Amazon, a good deal on a fun game.

I downloaded Spartan Assault but haven't played it yet. Was too busy trying to max out my character in Dead Rising 3 !

You're a total bad ass once you can max out your character, with regenerating health, and indestructible vehicles, although i haven't tried Nightmare mode yet, I might NOT be as bad ass as I'm thinking when I do.

Cool wife, Zep. So far I have Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse, Crimson Dragon and Spartan Assualt. Dead Rising 3 is my favorite game so far. Crimson Dragon is cool if you're a Panzer Dragoon fan...it's kinda a game for hardcore gamers that doesn't review well, but the more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Spartan Assault is a very average top down shooter. The gameplay and story is about as dry and uninspired as the Spartan Ops missions in Halo 4. 343 may make Halo games now, but it's heart, soul and personality that made the series special remains at Bungie. If your have already bought Spartan Assault on Windows Phone, Surface or Windows 8, it only costs $5.99, so that is cool. The control with the dual sticks on the XB1 controller is way better than the touch screen controls on WP8 and Surface.

Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the Xbox one.

I have Ryse and COD:Ghosts. I really enjoy Ryse. It is a simple hack and slash with beautiful graphics and runs smooth as butter.

The chapter where you start out in the the stream next to a waterfall has AMAZING graphics. The cliff walls and running water, grass, stones.. well done.

Ghosts is for my 16yr old son. :)

Killer Instinct is cool. Looks really nice and plays very fast... This one is again for my son who is a fan of the series..

If anyone likes platform games I recommend MAX Curse of Brotherhood. It is a lot of fun.

When you 1st start playing you feel like you're playing a Pixar movie. However that seems to go away the more you play.

It never looks bad, but one area looks like a Pixar movie and the next looks like a game that might have been on the original xbox.

Like when Max meets the old lady... WTF??? Looks crappy.. still it is a $15 download and no matter how it looks it plays fast and is very very fun.

Well, MAJOR impulse buy for me last night while at Wal-Mart: I bought a XBOX One. I've been wanting one since just a little before Christmas, and the fact that the store had a Day One edition (a Christmas return, perhaps?) tipped me over the edge. I really like that all-black box. :P

So far I am impressed with the multi-tasking capabilities of the system. I don't have Kinect installed yet, so I've been doing everything with the controller. I'll have to hook it up over the weekend though, as it seems the majority of the apps available require Kinect.

Gaming-wise, I only have Killer Instinct, but being a huge fan of the original two arcade games, that was the main reason I wanted the system. The game itself is great for fans of the original series, and I think it's definitely worth the $40 in the app store. You also get the original KI arcade game in that same package (slightly modified to take the Nintendo and Midway logo portions out), which makes it worth it even more. However, there doesn't seem to be a Story mode, which is a bummer to me. I don't have a Gold subscription right now so I'm limited to playing Survival or Practice mode.

I will have to check Amazon to see if any games are discounted yet. Need For Speed Most Wanted U has sort of got me on a racing game kick again, maybe I'll check out Forza 5.

Glad you are enjoying the XB1 Austin. I highly recommend MAX, its fun, only $15, and something I really enjoy about it...

The sound effects are excellent through a good sound system with a sub. Very cool.

I watched a trailer of it last night. It definitely looks like fun, with some creative gameplay elements mixed with classic platforming.

Re: Spartan Assault: I have it on Windows Phone and really enjoy it. I'd love to play it on the big screen, but can't bring myself to rebuy it (and at double the price). But if you don't already have it, I would reccomend it, personally.

Just a quick heads-up on this: I was browsing around the Xbox One Games Store last night and clicked into Halo: Spartan Assault. Turns out that if you had purchased the game for either Win8 or WP8 prior to December 15th, the cost for the game on X1 is reduced to $4.99 (from $14.99). I hadn't heard this anywhere else, so just wanted to make people aware. It doesn't say if this is a limited time thing or not. I wanted to pull the trigger, but have way to big of a gaming backlog, so I'll have to come back to this when I whittle that down a bit.

Glad you're having fun. That's all that matters. Whatever people's choices on consoles are at first, as long as you're having a good time, then awesome.

Hopefully you'll have better hardware success with your X1 than I have with my PS4. Love it to death, but on my second system and third controller. Ugh.