IGNORED

Stay Frosty 2 Demo Released!

Albert

unfortunately the Stay Frosty 2 cart that Darrell had at the expo didn't work.......hopefully this will not cause a delay in the process of producing the game????

No, for some reason the cart was dead upon its arrival to Darrell. I did test it before I sent it out (which I always do), but every once in a while a cart will arrive DOA. The game uses a regular Melody board, and there are already tons of those out there (Space Rocks, Chetiry, Seaweed Assault, Cave In, Epic Adventure, and others all use it), so there's nothing new and untested in that department as far as Stay Frosty 2 goes.

..Al

• Like 1

Weird. If it was dead, how did they play it at the Expo? Harmony???

I sold a couple of discontinued RetroUSB NES repros on NA and currently have a wad of PayPal funds currently sitting in limbo right now. It's like sitting on a red hot bed of coals and there's bukos of upcoming 2600/7800 homebrew titles in the works. I''d love to throw those burning hot paypal funds in Albert's general direction, but until he updates the stock again (and yes, I already picked up Omicron and Pinata)...

Make my Christmas magical: please don't make me squander it on Nintendo / old vinyl from eBay / discogs...

Times-a-wastin' :P

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like the kind of thing to wait and spend my store credit on. I could use a new holiday themed Atari VCS platformer. :D

You will not be disappointed.

A LOT of talented people worked on "Stay Frosty 2".

I helped on this game so I can't discuss it.

So many good adjectives!

Google: "state of the art"

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Did I miss a pre-order? I really want one. I've been waiting for this game for a year now!

Let me throw some money at you!!!

The plan is to add Stay Frosty 2 and some other games to the store this weekend. I'm going to make a limited number of copies available such that people can order them and receive them in time for Christmas, as long as they are in the US and choose Priority Mail as the shipping method. I'm shooting for 100 copies of Stay Frosty 2 at the moment.

..Al

• Like 2

Do we even need tapatalk? Seems like just another layer (of many) getting in the way..

Tapatalk is a very nice mobile app for interacting with forums. It's much better than the mobile skin the forum comes with. Native mobile support will greatly improve with IP.Board 4.0 (which is in beta testing at the moment), although Tapatalk will still let you do things that a normal forum skin will not, such uploading files.

..Al

I'm probably going to disable Tapatalk until they get their crap together.

..Al

Off topic, but a few days ago, I saw a bunch of [t-quote] in members posts instead of the (quote) (/quote) moniker which shows up as properly formatted replies (replace () with [] ).

Was tapatalk to blame for the corrupted "t-quote"s?

[t-quote][/t-quote]

Edited by stardust4ever

The plan is to add Stay Frosty 2 and some other games to the store this weekend. I'm going to make a limited number of copies available such that people can order them and receive them in time for Christmas, as long as they are in the US and choose Priority Mail as the shipping method. I'm shooting for 100 copies of Stay Frosty 2 at the moment.

..Al

So we have a date now. Awesome! :thumbsup:

Will Byte Before Christmas finally be ready as well?

Edited by stardust4ever

Off topic, but a few days ago, I saw a bunch of [t-quote] in members posts instead of the (quote) (/quote) moniker which shows up as properly formatted replies (replace () with [] ).

Was tapatalk to blame for the corrupted "t-quote"s?

This was related to Tapatalk, and has been fixed, although you may still see "t-quote" posts from before the fix.

..Al