IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2013

Pixelboy

Season's Greetings, ColecoVisionaries! :D

It's that day of the year again, where the kids are playing with the new toys Santa gave them, while the grown-ups wait patiently for the traditional morning e-mail from Team Pixelboy! :D

NEW GAMES FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN!

This year's releases are:

- Buck Rogers Super Game (SGM required, except if playing on ADAM computer)

- Module Man

- Battle of Hoth

- Mecha-8 (SGM not required, but recommended for improved music and sound FX)

- The Black Onyx

The official Team Pixelboy web site has been updated, and as I write this, all my past customers have been notified by e-mail, but I haven't begun processing any orders yet. I will reply to as many e-mails as possible today before leaving for a Christmas party tonight, and then I will resume processing orders tomorrow morning.

There are a few things I need to mention:

1) I currently have in stock 100 copies of Buck Rogers Super Game, 100 copies of Mecha-8, 75 copies of Battle of Hoth and 75 copies of Module Man. That should be enough to cover most of the initial demand, but I will not be able to produce more copies of those games for a while.

2) The Black Onyx will be limited to a single run of 75 copies. No more copies of that particular game will be produced afterwards.

3) I bought some 12x9x4-inch boxes earlier this month, so I will be able to ship the orders of customers who order all five games relatively quickly. For the rest, I will process orders in all deliberate speed, but it may take a while before I start dropping off packages at the post office. Whatever happens, you can be sure I'll work as quickly as I can, just like I do every year. :)

GOOD BYE, REMINDER SERVICE

I would like to inform everyone that the Team Pixelboy reminder service is no longer active. All remaining pre-orders registered under the reminder service are now cancelled, and as a result I currently have one copy of each of these games available:

- Destructor SCE

- Konami's Ping-Pong

Furthermore, there will be no Team Pixelboy reminder service offered as we move forward into 2014. If I run out of stocks of a particular game, I will set up a waiting list, but nothing as elaborate as the reminder service that was offered in 2013. Allow me to be clear on this: I will NOT keep a list of people who want to buy games later if those games are available right now. If you want to buy one or more Team Pixelboy games later in 2014, just contact me once you are ready to order, and that is all.

WHAT ABOUT PAST RELEASES?

Wonder Boy and Mopiranger are now permanently sold out. I have 9 copies left of Princess Quest and 8 copies left of Quest for the Golden Chalice, and once they are gone, those two games will be permanently sold out as well.

As for the SGM games, I have a few copies in stock of all four (namely Dragon's Lair, Zaxxon Super Game, King's Valley and Thexder) and I'm not sure when I will be able to make more copies. For the copies available now, I will work on a first-come-first-served basis.

VIRTUAL GIFTS UNDER THE VIRTUAL CHRISTMAS TREE

You will find attached to this news bulletin the ROMs of all my 2010 and 2011 releases, including a few which I previously released, but I thought it would be best to have all downloads in the same place. I'm also including Super Action Soccer just for kicks (it's just a very minor hack of the original ROM already available on the net).

Happy Holidays to all! :D

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

gulkave_cv.zip

girls_garden_cv.zip

peekaboo_cv.zip

track_and_field_cv.zip

destructor_sce_cv.zip

pitfall_2_arcade_cv.zip

circus_charlie_cv.zip

star_force_cv.zip

golgo_13_cv.zip

ninja_princess_cv.zip

bank_panic_cv.zip

konami_ping_pong_cv.zip

super_action_soccer_tp_cv.zip

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Merry Christmas everyone! Pixelboy, I just emailed you a list of games I'd like, and also the games to hold for Scleme who is unable to reserve any this morning, so he had asked me to reserve some for him.

Thanks, and the games look great!

-John

Actually, Stu found a minute to check up on his e-mail this morning and reply to me. So I'll just concentrate on your order, John.

I'm a little slow to answer e-mail this morning, but don't worry guys and gals, I'm processing the e-mails in the order I have been receiving them since this morning, so if you have already replied to the Christmas e-mail I sent you, I'll get around to replying to you soon enough. :)

So far, Module Man doesn't seem to interest many people aside from those who ordered all five games. That's too bad, because it's a very good game according to the two guys who helped me beta-test it, namely jblenkle and Troy_Whelan. :)

Seriously??? Come on people..buy Module Man...I beta-tested this thing and it is awesome. It's very addictive and there is a lot of hidden stuff in it to find that will keep you coming back to it time after time.

Actually, Stu found a minute to check up on his e-mail this morning and reply to me. So I'll just concentrate on your order, John.

I'm a little slow to answer e-mail this morning, but don't worry guys and gals, I'm processing the e-mails in the order I have been receiving them since this morning, so if you have already replied to the Christmas e-mail I sent you, I'll get around to replying to you soon enough. :)

So far, Module Man doesn't seem to interest many people aside from those who ordered all five games. That's too bad, because it's a very good game according to the two guys who helped me beta-test it, namely jblenkle and Troy_Whelan. :)

• Like 1

Seriously??? Come on people..buy Module Man...I beta-tested this thing and it is awesome. It's very addictive and there is a lot of hidden stuff in it to find that will keep you coming back to it time after time.

Luc has recommended me Module Man seriously so I've ordered all the 5 games :) although of course Mecha-8 comes free for me ;)

Edit: Hey Luc, thanks for the big XMAS ROMs gift!!! I'm surprised about how many games you have published.

Edited by nanochess

From the youtube videos of the coco version it looks like a fun game to play.

Definately. The ColecoVision version also has exclusive background music, in addition to more colorful graphics, and also extra unlockable content not found in the original Coco-2 version. :)

EDIT: One more small yet important detail: Jumping is mapped to a fire button in the CV version, instead of pressing up on the joystick like in the original Coco-2 game. This makes the game a lot more confortable and fun to play... but not necessarily less difficult gameplay-wise... ;)

Man, look at the growing number of downloads for all the rom files!!! Luc, you should have sold the roms for $5 a pop, but then again it just goes to show how great the CV Community is that they and many others from our favorite Homebrewers are being given away freely.

I guess we won't be seeing anymore of those rom request threads this coming year. :thumbsup:

Man, look at the growing number of downloads for all the rom files!!! Luc, you should have sold the roms for $5 a pop, but then again it just goes to show how great the CV Community is that they and many others from our favorite Homebrewers are being given away freely.

I guess we won't be seeing anymore of those rom request threads this coming year. :thumbsup:

I actually find it weird, shouldn't they all be the same number with exception of the old ones that people could have already downloaded.

People are actually making choices between the games instead of just downloading all of them. I just find it strange.

• Like 1