Sign in to follow this  
Grevle

Super Copra And Scramble

So the Atari 8-Bit Have Super Cobra but Not Scramble, even thoug there some games resembling scramble , I think the A8 should have a proper Scramble port.

The Atari 7800 got its Scramble port.

Looking at Super Cobra With have many of the same elements as Scramble So a proper Scramble Port for the A8 is clearly possible.

So like Pacman Arcade With is a modified MS Pacman engine, Sureley a Modification of the Super Cobra engine Into a Scramble Game could be possible ?

Just want to hear what you think of the possibility for this. :grin:.

• Like 2

Possible, for sure.

I didn't think much of Super Cobra as done for A8 in the 1980s, the gameplay just isn't there.

Like many of his other homebrew ports, Bob did a great job with Scramble for the 7800. He's released source for much of his work (his Moon Cresta forms the heart of the VBXE A8 version).

Possibly his source for Scramble could form basis for an A8 version although doing it on standard hardware even with his source code as a starting point would involve a fairly large amount of work.

Edited by Rybags

Hmm,

how about "Caverns of Mars 2" or "Mars Mission II" ? This one looks like a great Scramble clone for the A8.

Just a few months ago I burned Phobos (a pre-version of CoM ) and CoM2 on two 16k cartridges.

-Andreas Koch.

Yes i know about those, Those resemble scramble but the ship has no bombs like Scramble so i was thinking about a more Close arcade port. Thanks for the Videos.

Edited by Grevle
  • Like 1

I know there are similar games available, but I would love to see ports of both Scramble and Cosmic Avenger for the A8.

Great Great version too...

Plays superbly..

For play in Altirra set the joystick input to absolute, normally set to relative..

Its the game we should have had!!!

Top marks Playsoft!!

Paul...

• Like 1

Thanks for the link - I commented in the other thread. Yet another missing link in the arcade conversion catalog about to be filled.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 1

Meant to edit my post re the joystick settings to say that the keyboard settings are fine and don't need to be changed..