IGNORED

Need help with 2 Atari 400 Carts. (http://imgur.com/a/lRbk8)

Proxxshot

The DK Cart was assembled by American Techna Vision from parts they acquired from Atari.

The Pac Man Jr cart was never released by Atari, but there are a handful of vendors who got WIPs (and in some cases finished but never released carts) and copied them to EPROMS and sold them, again assembling them into Atari carts.

I think David P nailed it on the head. When I get my Jr Pacman next week ill be sure to take a look at it to see how it looks in comparison. The ASSAY prefix on the PCB has been on all the prototypes Ive had in my collection from Atari. However if they are making these out of spare parts it stands to reason its just what they builder had available.

Edited by Scooter83

Picture link is in the Title.

So what's the consensus here, are these carts anything special?

Again thx for the help everyone.

No, nothing special. Earlier reproductions from distributors (i.e. Best or B&C) of copied chips and homemade labels. Someone appears to have removed the EPROM labels, note they should be covered to prevent erasing them. That is how they are erased (UV).

cool carts, not sure if they are anything special or not, Ive only seen pics of the Pac Jr, I think it's a fairly rare cart, Ive never seen that plain label DK artwork.

!!! Cover up those eprom chips before you erase the rom images

rare? These are reproductions. Note prices just went up, I assume since inventory is getting low.

B&C:

ATC235 ANIMATED PUZZLE CART ONLY 14.95

ATC227 BERZERK (CART ONLY) 29.95

ATC160B Crystal Castles 1984 version 29.95

ATC228 DEFLEKTOR (CART ONLY) 29.95

ATC230 KANGAROO 800/CART ONLY 29.95

ATC265 Last Starfighter 29.95

ATC167 LETTER TUTOR(LIGHT PEN) 14.95

ATC258 M*A*S*H 29.95

ATC233 PAC MAN JR (CART ONLY) 29.95

ATC234 STARGATE (CART ONLY) 29.95

ATC075 SUPER PAC MAN (CART ONLY) 29.95

ATC226 SUPERMAN III (CART ONLY) 29.95

ATC229 TOWER TOPPLER (CART ONLY) 29.95 64K XL/XE Not PAL

This is the list for Atari computer production cartridges. Everything else is more than likely a reproduction, the original prototypes are more than likely in the hands of someone (i.e. Tempest, B&C, Best, etc).

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210745-cartridge-list-for-the-atari-8-bit-computers-400800xlxe-computers/

I'm not sure who you are but misleading people on eBay is just plain dishonest.

It's clear that you posted here just to see how much money you can get out of the carts you think you've stumbled on. Which are copies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pac-Man-Jr-Prototype-Reproduction-Atari-400-800-XL-XE-/301056241531?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item461859af7b

eBay iD: the--retro--shop

Lol nice job with the name slandering, god forbid someone ask's for help. I still havent got any info on what I have other then they could be reproductions from a company called B&C. Ive recently been contacted by the guys son who claims he made the carts but, hey big surprise hes not answering the PM'S ive sent. So as it stands ive got a cart with eproms that people are saying could be a prototype but probably isnt.

So tell me how im misleading anyone? My listing clearly states I dont know what the heck I have and have zero info on it. Are you mad because im selling it? Well guess what thats how the world works. Id rather have a couple of games I want other then one I dont. I was referred here and have been nothing but polite from the beginning of my post. I only wanted the same common courtesy as I was giving.

Sorry for the bad grammer/punc. Im on a cell at the moment.

Snarky?

And his question was answered, then he listed it on eBay, then he stated his auction was not meant to be misleading.

He has 4 posts on AtariAge in total, all trying still state what he has is a prototype. It's clearly not. I've see at least half of dozen of those labels sold. Just look at the PCB and chips.

Come on, he's got his answer, but it wasn't the one he wanted. And we've all been there once or twice :)

There has been an increase on eBay of cart copies represented as original prototypes, etc. I hope to find some time in 2014 to add to my cartridge documentation all the homebrews and copies so that buyers on eBay can be better educated and aren't swindled. The most common response by the people selling these is "I state in my auction that I don't know and buy at your own risk".

Hence "I dont know what the heck I have and have zero info on it". Yet they are a retro video game seller. $500 for not knowing what they have.