IGNORED

WarpOS installation

gozar

I finally have gotten around to installing my WarpOS upgrade. Desoldered the OS, installed the socket. Tested it with the original ROM, machine boots up. Installed the WarpOS board and soldered the 3 wires and I get nothing. Where should I start checking connections?

p.s. Does the WarpOS start up without a keyboard attached?

post-3959-0-14100200-1388432993_thumb.jpg

Certainly looks installed correctly and clean. Yes, it will boot normally without a keyboard. It comes defaulted to the regular WarpOS ROM. Perhaps try reseating the chips on the board, since everything else seems fine and connected in the right places.

Just out of curiosity, what all else do you have going on in that 800XL (i.e. the ribbon cable and two white wires)?

See if it does anything with only the black wire attached (other 2 IIRC go to Reset and Select).

Try pressing RESET if it does nothing.

Could be that the onboard PIC is at fault. It sets the base address for the system to read the OS so you probably won't get far without it.

All fixed!

I emailed Steve and replied with an answer to his question. After I replied I thought I better try the original ROM again, and it didn't work either. I desoldered the socket and re-soldered it back in and everything works now! My dream 8-bit system is pretty much finished!

(Thanks to everyone, and to Steve for replying on New Year's Day!)

post-3959-0-61782600-1388615346_thumb.jpg

• Like 1