IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2014

Pixelboy

Seriously?... YOU ... you are astonished by that game . :-o I guess it is little bit exaggerated, here. ;)

Seriously I'm surprised by the quality of Battle of Hoth ;) very good in its category. Parker Brothers would have paid you big $$$ for this game :)

Edited by nanochess

Parker Brothers would have paid you big $$$ for this game :)

You mean more than Pixelboy paid me??? :-o :-o :-o :-o :)

Unfortunaly i developped that game 30 years too late... :_(

Seriously I'm surprised by the quality of Battle of Hoth ;) very good in its category.

Thanks... i just hope "its category" , is not the "crap games" category. :)

Edited by youki

Thanks... i just hope "its category" , is not the "crap games" category. :)

Oh come on now, J-P, even if you're not totally happy with the finished product, you have to admit you did many things right with this game. I have received good comments about it from several people who received their copy and had a chance to try it. :)

Getting a little worried! still no package from usps, no new updates from usps since Jan 2nd saying processed thru NY sort facility.

Remember there are a lot of storms in NY.

I remember sending a package and tracking said it stay in NY for at least one week, and then it said "delivered"

Edited by nanochess

My package arrived today. Perhaps the strongest bunch of home-brews yet. Glad I purchased all of them--would have regretted it otherwise.

Mecha8 — Cannot believe something like this was possible on the CV — WOW. I love shooters...this one will get a ton of play.
Module Man will take me some time — I like it. I like that the jumping & play is a bit more forgiving than other Coleco quest games like Montezuma.
Hoth — to quote D.V. — impressive, most impressive
Onyx — will need to devote this one some time. This one is strong
Buck….need a SGM or Adam. Where are you Opcode?!
Hope you come back to the game development fold soon. Best of luck during the break.
  • Like 3

still waiting for mine! says it processed thru NY on 1/02/2014 but thats the last update. hopefully its not lost... or customs decided to play them..

Yes!!! Games should be here today! 7 days to get from NY to Michigan.

Edit: Games are waiting on porch at home! Hopefully nobody steals them!

Exactly. :) I'm currently working on adding a special section for the trading card project on the Team Pixelboy web site.

Just got a chance to see the trading card project on your website! Wow.. really look promising, as looking to all the features a card can display, I can imagine how nice this collection can become!

You mean more than Pixelboy paid me??? :-o :-o :-o :-o :)

Unfortunaly i developped that game 30 years too late... :_(

Well, sad to say that the one who will get all the money might not be the one making the game, but the one selling it. One of my friend told me how much money he receive from a game he made with one of his friend in the '80... 0$! The company selling his game was arguing that they have sold none. But, he saw his own game in his local game store! They did try to get a lawsuit against the company, but turn out that their contract was not filled correctly, lack of proof about the sales and expenses required to market their game and so on.

Well, sad to say that the one who will get all the money might not be the one making the game, but the one selling it. One of my friend told me how much money he receive from a game he made with one of his friend in the '80... 0$! The company selling his game was arguing that they have sold none. But, he saw his own game in his local game store! They did try to get a lawsuit against the company, but turn out that their contract was not filled correctly, lack of proof about the sales and expenses required to market their game and so on.

I have a couple of Friends who made a very sucessfull game in the second half of 80's . And they made lot of money at this time. Despite the editor of course made of course lot of more!!!

Attract screen, cut scenes, end credits, enhanced sound, cool explosions, boss fights that are fun, mini boss robots, boss battles that show damage, awesome homebrew dialogue, works with Atari 7800 gamepad plugged into port #2, walking mech, flying mech, cool power up sounds, a second ending?

And I get to play a new "Parker Brothers" game? The first game I ever played on a 2600 can now be played on a Colecovision!

This Parker Brothers Fanboy needs to be scraped off the ceiling.

A huge Thank You to everyone involved in last years batch of games.

• Like 4

I didn't receive mine yet, but finally seeing the boxes pictured above has me at a lose... the box for Battle of Hoth is a mix of the U.S. and CBS style and will throw offthe grouping of Team PixelBoy games on my shelf!!! ;)

You can thank youki for that. He's the one who insisted on having a CBS-style box. :P

• Like 1

Attract screen, cut scenes, end credits, enhanced sound, cool explosions, boss fights that are fun, mini boss robots, boss battles that show damage, awesome homebrew dialogue, works with Atari 7800 gamepad plugged into port #2, walking mech, flying mech, cool power up sounds, a second ending?

And I get to play a new "Parker Brothers" game? The first game I ever played on a 2600 can now be played on a Colecovision!

This Parker Brothers Fanboy needs to be scraped off the ceiling.

A huge Thank You to everyone involved in last years batch of games.

You should be able to use Atari 7800 controller on player 1 port as well.

• Like 1