IGNORED

Which version of the Intellivision do you like?

simbalion

Ok, I am finally getting back into the Intellivision after scoring a CIB Sears Super Video Arcade last weekend and have been doing a bit of comparison. I must admit, I am not wondering why I avoided getting the Sears version as I am finding it to be my favorite so far of the four Intellivision systems I have. I like the looks of the unit and the controllers are very responsive. I have the original INTV, a Tandyvision version, an INTV II, and of course now the Sears. So, which version of the Intellivision is YOUR favorite? :)

Edited by simbalion

I currently have the Sears version hooked up and I'm liking it more than the original. Though I don't care for the color, it's a pretty well designed system. It seems to be a nice combination of the original and Intelliivision II, with the integrated power supply and removable controllers. The RF video output is pretty good too.

-Rob

I haven't owned a Sears, and I was ok with my original Intellivision. Maybe i need to get the Sears version!

But...I like my Intellvivision 2 best because I have extra controllers and the the Computer Module and 2600 VCS adapter match up perfectly color wise.

The side buttons are a little tight and hard to push, other than that I like it the best anyway!

I'm partial to the Sears, I'd like to find a modest prices Sylvania, which is what we had first. Two is my least fav as I missed the bubble controllers, I liked the compact look, but it was and felt cheaper.

Edited by BBWW

Hmmmm. Tough one. I have them all many times over as I have over 100 Intellivisions :-o. (hoarding idiot). :D My daily driver is a Tandyvision so I guess that's my favourite but I really do like them all for different reasons.

@BBWW - Sylvania's tend to show up loose on a regularish basis but CIB they are very difficult to find. I have paid a pretty penny for all of mine. I also find they tend to have "issues" maybe more than any other version. I have a few non-working ones that I really should be sending to Pimpmaul to fix

• Like 1

I own a Sears unit, but have never really used it. I should give it a try. I primarily use my Intellivision I, but based solely on visual sexiness, my favorite is the Tandyvision One. That one also wins for best name :) I also like my Sylvania, but I think it's just because I know it's rare....that, and because I completely disassembled it and detailed it. I'm thinking Sears will move up the list when I get around to it.

Here are my "display" consoles. I completely disassembled each, detailed them inside and out, and reassembled:

Consoles

This is my Sylvania after a thorough detailing. This one was really dirty when I got it:

Sylvania console

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 3

Sadly we didn't have that much choice of hardware variations on this side of the Ocean, even the Inty2 was hardly known, so the original one is the only possible answer.

Not that i don't like it, mind you, i'd choose it anyway 'cause i love it :-D

I still have my original unit from back when i was a child, it's still CIB and in working order... it's amazing that it still works, but i prefer to keep it safe in the box, i have three other units for the hard work :)

I don't have much more hardware compared to most of you, except for Bandai and Super Pro System, both CIB, both boxes are very cool IMHO.

Edited by Nibunnoichi

I guess right now my list would be:

Sears

Tandyvision

INTV 1

INTV II

Just the Sears actually fooled me when I began collecting as it seemed like yet a whole other system compared to the regular INTV offerings. It was and still is the highest priced version when you find them in my area and I always passed them by, until now as I am wanting to have each version and this one I have plays so nice that I fell in love with it. :)

Man, I am so glad I am not addicted to collecting the systems like I am the games!

I gotta stay focused here, my kids and Wife require some of my revenue. Don't get me started folks, I can see there is no end to this! If I allow that.....

I haven't exactly gone broke doing this. My INTV and INTV II both cost me exactly $1 each in 1998. My Tandyvision: $20 a few years back. The Sears, that was a bit more because it has the box and everything. Now Atari 2600's, I think I now have on version each just because people kept dumping 'non-working' base units on me for free that actually only needed the switches cleaned 90% of the time. :)

My favorite overall is probably the Intellivision II. I like the smaller form factor, as well as the look of it when it's expanded with the ECS and/or System Changer. Swappable controllers and power supplies are nice, too. (The inability to play a few of the Coleco titles is a tradeoff I'm willing to make. ;) )

Each of the Intellivision systems looks great in their own ways. There's nothing else quite like the true Wooden Wonder, the Tandyvision. The INTV III and Super Pro systems are slick-looking updates that don't look out of place next to an NES or Master System.