IGNORED

KC Munchkin

Jaynz

Day 2: Build 0.02

The worst part of these early stages is that there's really nothing to show despite putting a couple of hours' work into it. Mostly more ASM learning, setting up the 'commons' needed for getting an a78 project to run. Again, nothing exciting, but it's another black screen that doesn't explode and another successful compile. Huzzah! I admit I still haven't found my old ASM legs yet, and I still haven't gotten my 6502 book yet, but I'm a little more comfortable with what's going on.

Though now I really wish Groovy's C compiler was available...

• Like 2

Just dropping a quick note. I've got out-of-state-company and my 'development time' consists of reading a large volume on the 6502 I picked up. I also owe a couple of people some thanks for their assists in getting me started. Hopefully I'll have something worthy of the time soonish. This project isn't abandoned.

This might sound random and off topic, but I just had an idea: what about Pac Man vs K.C. Munchkin? The game would begin with a cutscene showing Ms. Pac Man sharing bed with K.C. Then, Pac Man discovers them and starts to chase K.C. Munchkin. The last cutscene reveals that Ms. Pac Man is a man. Gameplay wise, the game would combine Pac Man, Ms.Pac Man, Super Pac Man, K.C. Munchkin and K.C's Crazy Chase (with Boss Battles against Dratapillar).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I should have updated sooner! Sorry, Bob!

Like I said, I have been reading and working on relearning assembly, particularly how to make the 6502 happy. I bought Lance A Leventhal's 6502 tome and have been studying it. It's been extremely useful in re-firing dormant neurons, reliving some history, and getting me started again. It's also frackin' huge. I'll be returning to the coding aspect pretty soon. :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the 6502 book, which I should probably review a bit at length someplace. Weather has kept everyone at home, so distractions have been heavy, but hopefully I can get to coding tomorrow morning (since we're SUPPOSED to get warm enough again for schools to open.) Wish me luck!

• Like 3

Yeah, and it would reinforce a whole bunch of negative stereotypes about gamers - as well as an association with them that I don't WANT TO HAVE. Seriously, don't you guys have any level of pride in yourselves? At all?

At any rate, another blank build today, but it worked (doing nothing yet again). Tomorrow will be an attempt to make the 7800 specific-stuff happy and also figure out maze logic.

• Like 2

Just in case Krazy Chase comes out of the maybe category...

KCM & KCKC:

attachicon.gifKC Munchkin & KCs Krazy Chase 12-color Sprites.PNG

The 5 basic Maze types:

attachicon.gifKCs Krazy Chase Mazes.PNG

Added my usual flare to things, but as always nothing here is written in stone. :)

illya

Red, you are the man! Your sprite work never ceases to amaze. I'm just getting started on the 7800 and would love to work with you in the future!

• Like 1

Yeah, and it would reinforce a whole bunch of negative stereotypes about gamers - as well as an association with them that I don't WANT TO HAVE. Seriously, don't you guys have any level of pride in yourselves? At all?

At any rate, another blank build today, but it worked (doing nothing yet again). Tomorrow will be an attempt to make the 7800 specific-stuff happy and also figure out maze logic.

It was funny. Don't be over sensitive. It's not like we suggested Jeff Minter has unhealthy relations with goats, camels, llamas, and sheep.

Finished the 6502 book, which I should probably review a bit at length someplace. Weather has kept everyone at home, so distractions have been heavy, but hopefully I can get to coding tomorrow morning (since we're SUPPOSED to get warm enough again for schools to open.) Wish me luck!

do your schools have heaters? It has not closed yet here this year and was as cold as -40c with a windchill of -50. My kid in kindergarten got a ride to school cause it was too cold to walk. I jave seen 1 or 2 days where busses did not go out cause of cold. You must be in the deep south? its laughable to us northern folk of your "cold"

For us southerners, it usually isn't the temp that is the problem. Narrow roads, lack of snow tires, too few road crews to keep roads passable, and for many of us the power outages due to above ground power lines. We can't have school in the dark or if we can't cook for the kids. It just doesn't happen often enough for tptb to invest in the infrastructure to keep business going in winter weather.

Laugh all ya'll want. Southerners know a snow day is just a good reason to spend time with friends, family, and play video games in the warmth of home. :)

Southern lifestyle defended... return to game talk. I am very excited for this one!