IGNORED

KC Munchkin

Jaynz

Hi Guys:

I am almost done with the maze editor. :)

Jaynz, if you think you'll be up to it, I'm going to hand the source code over to you soon for 'Crazy Chase', for a number of reasons: 1) I've never played it, so I'm not familiar with the nuances of the game, 2) I was never interested in that version to become familiar with it ( sorry :( ), and 3) I've taken on a (non-gaming) programming side project that will take my time for a while.

Like I've said before when I posted my source code to my other games a while back, please don't make fun of the code I write. It starts out structured, but quickly becomes inserted code here and there to make something work. It may not be the most efficient, but I do what I can with the knowledge I have.

I'm just going to make a cart for myself of Munchkin (and anyone else who wants one eventually), and call it a day.

I hope this is ok.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 7

Down for the cart, Bob! Woo-Hoo! Not sure if the "eventually" was tied to them being made or wanting to have one (it's got to be the former - who could possibly not want one? :-D ).

Regardless, when you are ready, and they are ready, looking forward to having another Bob masterpiece on cart. :)

Hmm... with KC Munchkin in good demand, I really don't want to make people wait long for Crazy Chase, particularly with the learning curve I have ahead of me (on top of this month primarily going to updating my fonts pages - paying gigs first, after all). I would rather have the KC Munchkin cart released and ready to go on the store ASAP and then treat Crazy Chase as a separate project for later in the year. I still would love to do it, but I really think that you should give the public what they want, which is a finished KC Munchkin cart. ;)

Hi Guys:

I am almost done with the maze editor. :)

Jaynz, if you think you'll be up to it, I'm going to hand the source code over to you soon for 'Crazy Chase', for a number of reasons: 1) I've never played it, so I'm not familiar with the nuances of the game, 2) I was never interested in that version to become familiar with it ( sorry :( ), and 3) I've taken on a (non-gaming) programming side project that will take my time for a while.

Like I've said before when I posted my source code to my other games a while back, please don't make fun of the code I write. It starts out structured, but quickly becomes inserted code here and there to make something work. It may not be the most efficient, but I do what I can with the knowledge I have.

I'm just going to make a cart for myself of Munchkin (and anyone else who wants one eventually), and call it a day.

I hope this is ok.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob

count me in for a cart :)

greetings Walter

Edited by gambler172

First draft of the maze editor is working.

There is a 'cursor' that appears in the top left corner made up of four arrows pointing right, down, left, and up. You can move the cursor around the maze while the fire button is not pressed. If you hold down the fire button, whatever direction you press will toggle the wall (i.e. if it is already there, it will remove it. If it's not there, it will put one there). This was the best way I could come up with to edit the maze. Don't bother editing the monster pen, as it will just show up once you play the game (as it does on the O2).

The letters/number along the bottom (" 1 2 3 4 P M C ") will do different things: If you go down to the bottom row, Arrows will surround one of those characters. Holding down the fire button and pressing in any direction will activate the following:

1 through 4 - Loads the corresponding maze into the editor.

P - Plays the currently edited maze

M - Exits back to the select menu

C - Clears the maze to just an outline

If you hit <SELECT> (or choose option 'M') and go back to the select menu, you can still play the custom maze by selecting 'EDITOR' and pressing <RESET> instead of hitting the joystick button. That will start the game with the custom maze instead of entering the editor. Just remember: From the select screen, the joystick button enters the editor, and <SELECT> will just start the game with the last edited maze.

Enjoy!

Bob

KC.A78

KC.bin

• Like 4

Thanks, Guys:

Changed a few small things, and added a 'logo', kind of...

I'm going with this as a release if nobody finds anything wrong.

PLEASE NOTE: The bin is now 16K.

Originally, it bothered me that, in the editor, you had to hold a button and press any direction in the bottom row ( the "1 2 3 4 P M C" row ). Now, I like that it's there, as I sometimes move down one too many times and press the button; it's kind of a safeguard from undoing all of your work up until that point and copying (for example) 'maze 1' into the editor by accident. :)

Enjoy!

Bob

KC.A78

KC.bin

• Like 2