IGNORED

KC Munchkin

Jaynz

You're welcome! Just didn't want you to be surprised should they not be available to order, which is pretty likely in a few days. However, I do plan on making it available indefinitely once I'm not constrained by cart supplies, which is a bit of a pain right now.

..Al

Yup - "add to cart" isn't even an option. Looks like I'm on a waitlist!

Huge thanks to Al for getting these produced and shipped out, looking professional as always and shipped fast (obviously).

post-18-0-32096600-1419075270_thumb.png

Of course, huge thanks to Bob also, for his usual developing magnificence. :-D

Pretty excited to pop this baby in, play it on the real deal, and had a pretty awesome round:

post-18-0-78034200-1419073872_thumb.png

• Like 2

Thank you for the kind words, everyone - I tried to keep it as authentic as possible. There's even a way to get the original Odyssey2 graphics. ;)

@Gabriel - Post a pic of the maze!

Maybe we should have everyone post a pic of the maze they come up with! I've "extended" the maze editor to allow removing the outer walls of the maze (including the top and bottom); the O2 didn't allow this.

Bob

EDIT: I'll start:

post-1787-0-43078700-1419736462_thumb.png

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 2

Ordered KC Munchkin. Neighbor kids had it back in the day. I remember it well, and I hope the Easter egg for the classic graphics is not too hard to figure out.

I never knew it was pulled from sale back then until recently. I can't remember playing any other Odyssey 2 games.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried this game a couple times lasted 15 seconds. What do the ????? at the bottom of the screen do????? I am totally ????? any ????? ideas?????

If you have the high score, you can enter your name over the "?????????" by using the joystick. It will stay there until (1) someone gets a higher score and enters over it, or (2) you turn the game off.

post-26371-0-66740700-1421379430_thumb.jpg

Haven't figured out the Easter egg yet, but I thought Bob's video on YouTube had a clue. Here's what I tried:

- Entered "ROBERT" as my name with a high score.

- Then, stay put for two straight games.

- Finally, hit "SELECT" three times.

That's what it looks like is happening in the video, at least, and then the next game has the original graphics. But...it didn't work for me. Can't say it wasn't fun trying, though. :)

Haven't figured out the Easter egg yet, but I thought Bob's video on YouTube had a clue. Here's what I tried:

- Entered "ROBERT" as my name with a high score.

- Then, stay put for two straight games.

- Finally, hit "SELECT" three times.

That's what it looks like is happening in the video, at least, and then the next game has the original graphics. But...it didn't work for me. Can't say it wasn't fun trying, though. :)

Look for a post from PacManPlus in the Astro Blaster video game critic review thread for the secret.

Tried this game a couple times lasted 15 seconds. What do the ????? at the bottom of the screen do????? I am totally ????? any ????? ideas?????

You mean your game (KC M.) lasted only 15 seconds. Maybe you are having trouble adapting to this game as I am. I really need to buckle down and find out why everyone loves this game so much. I love maze games, but this one frustrates me. What on earth am I doing wrong? People seem to like it (except for the teeth, which I have been too frustrated with gameplay to even notice).

You mean your game (KC M.) lasted only 15 seconds. Maybe you are having trouble adapting to this game as I am. I really need to buckle down and find out why everyone loves this game so much. I love maze games, but this one frustrates me. What on earth am I doing wrong? People seem to like it (except for the teeth, which I have been too frustrated with gameplay to even notice).

I certainly like the game. Personally, it would never reach (Ms.) Pac-Man like status in my book. Others like it better than those games. For you, it just may not be your thing at all, and that's cool.

See my initial impression. To add to that, it took me several games to stop planning my movements like it was a near exact Pac-Man clone. My first series of tries at KC left me feeling lucky if the game lasted 15 seconds. Over time, my experiences became much different, to the point of how I play now.

I almost approach KC with more of a Mouse Trap or Lady Bug mindset. The key for me was to start thinking about KC (and approaching it) as its own standalone game, disregarding some preconceived notions and biases.

To draw on a platform analogy, KC is to Pac-Man, as Wonder Boy is to Super Mario Bros. There's some very close and at times exact elements, but some distinct differences as well.