IGNORED

FS: refurbished modded Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Micro's + GBA Games

Kedaj

I refurbish Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Micro's as a hobby and I currently have a few more in stock and want to get rid of them so I can move on to refurbishing something else. I have discounted them as far as I can allow them while still making a profit on them.
At the moment, a Gameboy Advance is $65 and Gameboy Micro's is $70 each, free shipping included.
Colors I have in stock:
Gameboy Micro
Pink/silver x 2
Pink/black x 1
Blue/silver x 1
For those that want one and don't mind imperfections and would like something a little cheaper, I also have a few Gameboy Advance models that have slight defects. The defects may vary and I can take pictures for whichever ones you're interested but they range from misaligned screens or dimmer screens (some aren't as bright as they should be). They're still completely playable and will range from $40 - $50 depending on severity of the imperfections. Please refer to the purple/violet GBA picture below of what this might look like. It's very minor but I'm too lazy to fix them so you get a discount on them. No longer have any for sale.
image-3.jpeg
image-4.jpeg
image-6.jpeg
image-2.jpeg
image.jpeg
Don't worry about the scruffs on the GBA screens - it's a screen protector and can be peeled off. Underneath, it's 100% brand new.
image-7.jpeg
Sorry, I don't sell faceplates separately.
For reference: chargers are included with the Micro's - batteries are not included with the GBA's.
If you want games, I also have the following available. One is $10, bulk pricing is $8 each (doesn't include the Pokemon games).
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 3
Super Mario Advance 4
Mario Kart Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Mario Party Advance
Mario VS Donkey Kong
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy I & II
Final Fantasy IV
Pokemon Sapphire [copy version]
Pokemon Ruby [copy version]
Pokemon Emerald [copy version]
Pokemon FireRed [copy version]
Pokemon LeafGreen [copy version]
Pokemon Quartz [cib]
Pokemon ShinyGold [cib]
Pokemon Lugias Ocean [cib]
Pokemon Perla [cib]
Pokemon Crystal [cib]
Pokemon Arcoiris [cib]
image.jpeg

Common questions:
1.) How is the GBA modded?
The GBA comes installed with a Gameboy SP screen, AGS-101. Essentially the whole device is brand new as the inside components have been cleaned out and the outer casing as well as screen are new as well.
2.) How clean are the Micro's? How are they refurbished?
The Micro's are as clean as I can possibly get them. Some will have light scratches on them but I try my best to buffer them out. None of them have cracks or chips or anything like that on them. The screen is also brand new (the screen, NOT the faceplate) and the insides have been cleaned out thoroughly. I've done the same to the faceplates as well and they're very clean; however, some have very very thin scratches but you don't notice them when you're playing nor do they affect gameplay. One or two may or may not show up but I try my best to provide faceplates that are as clean as possible.
3.) Will you accept a lower amount?
No, sorry. If you factor in how much it costs for me to get the initial device, plus parts, I'm barely making a profit as is. At the moment I'm trying to recuperate my money I spent and move on to refurbishing something else.
4.) Will you accept trades?
Yes! I'm willing to trade but note I only play PC games and 3DS games so anything on Steam or whatever would be cool. Feel free to make any offers one what you think I might like. I'm also looking for any extra Minecraft or Guild Wars 2 keys.
5.) Can I trade my broken GBA for a refurbished one?
Yeah... no.
If you have any other questions, please ask! If you want to buy in person, I'm in the Seattle area, for the curious. You can test it out before you buy.
Edited by Kedaj

If I sell my Twin Famicom, I'll DEFINITELY be picking one up from you. My SP's backlight is kinda dim and I've always liked the horizontal design so I could use a replacement GBA. I do have a Steam account I'm not using, but I doubt you'd be interested. You probably have the games I have already.

If I sell my Twin Famicom, I'll DEFINITELY be picking one up from you. My SP's backlight is kinda dim and I've always liked the horizontal design so I could use a replacement GBA. I do have a Steam account I'm not using, but I doubt you'd be interested. You probably have the games I have already.

I may or may not! What do you have? I just started using Steam and only recently bought games through the past sale so I don't have many games myself.

Just fair warning, he seems to be giving a few of us the run around not giving any tracking numbers when promised and not responding to PMs. I'll post back if I we ever get our packages or get a refund.

Thanks for the heads up, I am strongly debating buying one of these but will wait to hear from some satisfied customers :)

I know he is also on Nintendoage

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=117965

But like here, only has a few posts...

DO NOT BUY FROM HIM! I DID get one of his GBA's. Guess what? It's a COUNTERFEIT!

2gv953r.jpg

izp1xf.jpg

33jk183.jpg

s5g66h.jpg

Also, apparently, he's also on eBay as x614ster. STAY AWAY! I filed a complaint with the proper authorities already and hopefully, I can get my money back for both.

I wasn't familiar enough with the part numbers to catch that. Thanks, man!

@JohnnyBlaze: Any quality problems? I don't mind knock-offs. It's bad form to not declare them as such, though.

One was okay, but the speaker wasn't the best and the other had button issues as well as what appeared to be a bad glue job on the screens. Still, if I'm to pay $70 for a modded GBA, I expect a REAL ONE.

• Like 1

Here's a helpful hint that made me confirm even with the box:

Nintendo for their carts and GBA's ALWAYS use Tri-Wing screws. Counterfeits ALWAYS have Phillips-Head Screws. Also, look out for cheap cardboard and "washed-out" labels.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Here's what he said because obviously, he's too scared to do it on his own:

I have not lied about anything, there's just been a bit of misunderstanding and confusion. I don't work alone, I have two other friends helping me, one of which, you talked to, manages the eBay account.

Originally, I was going to make a new eBay account to sell but my friend said they had one and it had a 100 item limit instead of 10 so I decided to use theirs. I don't really know how to use eBay but they do so I took pictures of everything, put it up, and asked if they could manage inquires and just give me the labels and I'll ship everything out (once you get the packages, you should notice one is from Nancy (my friend) and the other in a different name).
At the time they didn't know I was selling on separate websites so they told you no. It was until after I received the labels from their end that I recognized your name and asked if they got any messages other than the usual. They mentioned you asked if "we" sold elsewhere which they responded no. I corrected them for future reference and had you asked again, they would have clarified but I told them I would let you know which I did, same day, which was not "until now", it was several days ago. YOU had only just recently responded.
Since the past week has been very intense and I reached limit by sending over 50 packages which is VERY new to me (usually I send out 2 - 3), we were all very unorganized in terms of the forums (not eBay - eBay was easy, all the information was there for me). Some forums didn't email us when we got a new message so I had to go back to some places to see if I got anything and had they sent payment; if I didn't make a note then what they wanted (since not everybody left a memo), I had to go BACK to each website to see who it came from so I didn't send the wrong item. Since I can't really check to see who I sent to on Paypal (it's not as clean as eBay), I had to go through my inventory and list to see what I had left and what needed to be sent out then match it with the appropriate person.
Again, this is new to me so I had no idea how to organize it. Especially when I saw yours from eBay when I had you written down on another sheet, I became extremely confused by that point and thought all my information was wrong. At that point, I had to look at each package over a dozen times to make sure it was being sent to the right person. Since my other friend was helping me pack, we also realized some people we had forgotten to print labels for and pack for all together so I had to send an apology to them and upgraded their shipping so they got it sooner.
I hadn't responded to you right away since you wanted your tracking number. I explained what happened with that so I went back to try and find it, which I couldn't but then I forgot to go back and tell you until I got your other message which reminded me.
Some of the messages were read but since I had other things going on IRL, some weren't answered but if a special request was made, I made sure I fulfilled it and checked back later after it was delivered to make sure everything was okay. I may not have responded to your message but you wanted priority mail so I upgraded you since I had forgot I recently lowered everything by $5 to sell them quicker. At the time it wasn't really relevant, I just wanted to get everything out as quickly as possible.
I'm not sure who you could have possibly talked to or know who to talk to at that, but the only two people who sent Paypal as a gift were on the same forum as you; everybody else sent it as services. I had already explained to one where his was and he was fine with it, the other one hadn't mentioned anything.
I see your package from eBay was delivered so I can only assume the other one was as well.
I'm not perfect, nor am I a scammer, just had a lot going on this week and everything became a disorganized mess. If you still want to call me a liar, then I don't really care but I did send out your items - HOPEFULLY you received both but I know for sure you got one.
As for the case you did on eBay, I don't know what makes you think it's a knock off. The only part that's not original is the outer case. I saw you took a picture of the box which makes no sense. The boxes are stock boxes I bought as something to put them in and for people that would like to collect them or whatever, it's kind of near impossible finding original Nintendo boxes and I didn't want to ship them out by themselves. If you open up the system, everything inside is 100% original and the system will play Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Color games so I ask again - what makes you think it's a knock off?

Ahhh yes.....what DOES make it a knock off. How about a cheap cardboard copy of a Japanese box, combine that with loose fitting parts, buttons molded incorrectly, a copied sticker on the back, a Chinese import sticker on the unit in front of one of the screw holes, and all Phillips head screws instead of Tri-Wing? Does THAT answer your question? As for still playing GBA and GBC games, the knock offs DO play those games. I used to HAVE one of these $30 knockoff units. That's how I know EXACTLY what to look for. You fucked me and these people as well by giving them counterfeit shit and claiming it to be real.

Also, you lied to me about selling on eBay as well and I have the messages for THAT too. I asked you(or at least you say it WAS you) on eBay if you sold on AtariAge and you told me you never heard of the place.

Come up with better excuses, junior. You got caught RED HANDED in your lies. Just ADMIT IT! I will post ALL messages if I have to. I already have the pictures. Even if I lose money, I will NOT allow you to do this to ANYONE else.

Look, I may have had my troubles as a seller over the years. I'm not perfect and the few times I did have an issue, it was because of miscommunication and personal issues. In the end, those were rectified. I admitted my faults as embarrassed as I was.

But, it's COMPLETELY different to sell counterfeit merchandise, get caught, and STILL LIE ABOUT IT! Be a MAN and admit it. Or are you a chick as you are trying to tell me now on your eBay account....
Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

@Johnnyblaze....well the avatar here looks like a chick...I think...but anyway irrelevant. YEAH that whole message just stinks, I work with two friends, I don't really know how to use Ebay BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Excuses, excuses, no problem making a sale thread here though and posting pictures right? The whole thing just sounds fishy for sure. Stand by what you sell and be clear about what you are offering, IT IS NOT FRIGGIN ROCKET SCIENCE.

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

@Johnnyblaze....well the avatar here looks like a chick...I think...but anyway irrelevant. YEAH that whole message just stinks, I work with two friends, I don't really know how to use Ebay BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. Excuses, excuses, no problem making a sale thread here though and posting pictures right? The whole thing just sounds fishy for sure. Stand by what you sell and be celar about what you are offering, IT IS NOT FRIGGIN ROCKET SCIENCE.

Are you the dude from YouTube? AWESOME!

But, in all seriousness, I think the pictures were taken from someone else's page.

EDIT: This is the excuse he/she fed eBay:

"Hello, Please note that what you purchased is a REBURBISHED game boy advance. Which means the cosmetic components has been replaced while the mainframe is original. Nintendo does not sell these outside components separately so the parts are from China. This does not make the entire system a counterfeit because the electrical hardware is still 100% Nintendo. Please also note that you purchased a modded GBA which means the screen has been replaced so that you can play it conveniently in the dark.

and this is my response:

"Note to eBay: Look at the pictures I provided. It's counterfeit. I will ALSO recommend eBay to check out this website where this seller is doing the EXACT same thing: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/220420-fs-refurbished-modded-gam-

eboy-advance-and-gameboy-micros-gba-games/"

"There is a HUGE difference between modified and counterfeit. This is NOT modified. This is counterfeit and can be found for around $30-40 on Chinese electronic sites such as AliExpress. I used to HAVE one of these knock-offs. I KNOW what I'm talking about. Besides, if you truly modded it, there would NOT be a Chinese Import sticker on it as shown in the photos provided. "

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I can't edit my original post for a quote, but here's the LAST conversation I'm having with this scammer. I'm tired of this bullshit:

HIM:

"Hello, Once again, the GBA is modified- because a backlit blacklight is added to the system. As implied in the listing, the device is a refurbished unit, not a brand new GBA (Title: Glacier GBA Gameboy Advance Refurbished Modded w/Backlit Backlight). And it's even listed as seller refurbished, not brand new. Nintendo does not sell their sells or components individually so I have to get them from third parties. However, the internal system is 100% Nintendo. If you don't want it anymore, you can return it for a refund MINUS the shipping. "

ME:

I'm TIRED of talking to you. I MADE MY POINT CLEAR! The pictures DO NOT lie, nor does the evidence I pointed to fraudulent activity on other sites. This was NOT modified. It was a KNOCK OFF. If it was modified, it would NOT have the knockoff box nor would it have the Chinese Import Tax sticker on the screwhole. Unless this seller is a magic wizard and can put in screws from BEHIND A STICKER.
Let's let eBay handle this. I'm DONE talking to cat-eating scammers.....

You seriously sound like a child right now.

As far as legitimately goes, I really am working with a friend. My name is Kelsey, her name is Nancy. You can see her Twitter here: https://twitter.com/ohnoesnancy

And mine here: https://twitter.com/kelsygram

We'll both be more than happy to respond to you as far as our identity goes.

Normally I sell locally on Craigslist but decided to sell on forums. I was going to move to eBay but new accounts only had 10 items per month but Nancy had one that sold 100 items - she let me use hers but she took control over it and I shipped everything from my end. Nancy lives in L.A and I live in Seattle - we are TWO different people.