IGNORED

Looking for TRS80 (Tandy Color Computer) Cartridges.

Delmoko

I don't see these in your picture but HIGHLY recommend - Clowns and Balloons, Doubleback (Must have IMO), Rampage, Tetris, Reactoid, Wildcatting and Silpheed. Don't have extras of those unfortunately. Probably others like Cyrus Chess but that's a pretty rare one and of course, if you've got lottery style luck and a good size bank roll, any of the Anteco carts.

Of course I don't know what those 10 other games are so maybe you're already set :)

Edited by AtariLeaf

I am not recycling old carts... and yes, I am looking for games I don't have.

I am working on putting together a list... it's very difficult to find a list of TRS80 cartridges that were put out.

I had a list that someone sent me as a spreadsheet file. I'll have to try to find it as it's on another computer that's currently tucked away. I could have sworn someone on the coco list had a link to an online document that contained all rompaks made by both radio shack and other companies, which included things like the speech sound pak, orchestra pak, drive controllers, etc.

I def. want Clowns and Balloons, Doubleback, Rampage, Tetris, Reactoid, Silpheed (I have Thexder), Tennis, Skiing, Starblaze, Gin Champion, Androne, Araknoid, Robocop, Crosswords, Shanghai and anything else I don't have.

Tetris, Football II and Rad Warrior are on the way. :)

Skiing is another excellent one I forgot about. I've done a bunch of coco videos on my youtube channel if you're interested. :)

There was a crosswords on ebay about a month or so ago but I forgot about it and didn't bid. Only ended at about a buck or so too.

You could sign up and put a "wanted" list on the coco mailing list if you haven't already. That's how I got a bunch I was after when I first started coco collecting.

Edited by AtariLeaf

As for compiling a list of cartridges, most (all?) of the Radio Shack catalogues are available online. It would be possible, if time consuming, to pull together a list of Coco carts

https://archive.org/details/radioshackcatalogs

A complete run of TRS-80 Microcomputer News is also available online; this includes announcements of new cartridges, etc.

http://www.os9projects.com/MAGAZINES/MicroNews/MicroNews.html

Of course neither source is going to include third-party titles, but there are going to be many of them, either.

There are some odd, early releases, such as Audio Spectrum Analyze and a diagnostics cartridge, that (I assume) were not huge sellers and so they are probably quite rare today.

Nice collection! Amazes me just how many carts were released for the Coco - a computer I've always been mildly interested in.

Decided to YouTube some of the titles I hadn't heard before and was surprised to find that Popcorn is a Kaboom! clone. Upon seeing the copyright of '81 for it, seemed a little early for Kaboom! and thought maybe Activision "stole" the gameplay idea. Looking at AtariAge's database, curious that Kaboom! does not have a year of release listed, so I dug through my manuals and finally found a date of 1981 in it. So, more than likely - Popcorn is a Kaboom! clone... just interesting sometimes to learn which came first, what was influenced by whom, etc.

a really crappy game.

Kind of an annoying song, too!

I'll bet it's a bitch to collect CoCo cartridges. They were only sold at one chain, and designed for a computer that was largely shunned for the Commodore 64.

So how is Downland, anyway? I remember seeing that one at a Radio Shack in a mall, and it looked like an interesting (if incredibly punishing) platformer in the tradition of Donkey Kong and Manic Miner.

It's not that hard to collect for the CoCo. Naturally, there are a few rare cartridges, tapes, and disks, but overall they're easy to find. While it's true that they were only sold at one chain (don't forget mail order from magazines, too), that chain had many thousands of stores just in the US alone. While it's also true that it was largely shunned for the Commodore 64, so was every other 8-bit/low end computer, so the CoCo is not unique in that regard. It did also have a legitimate commercial lifespan of 10 full years, which is not too shabby in comparison to many other computer platforms.

The majority of CoCo games were on tape or disk and were mostly sold mail order except for the ones Radio Shack carried.

Collecting the original tapes and disks that were mail order is a bit more difficult than the carts.

I don't think there are any carts that are so rare I haven't seen them on ebay for more than a few months.

The problem with ebay is people are asking ridiculous prices most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking about Radio Shack carts. I've only seen 1 Antico cart show up on ebay. I think they were even more expensive than the disk games and I don't remember any of their games being on a top seller list. I wouldn't be surprised if they only sold in the hundreds.