IGNORED

CGR: PS4 vs. ATARI 5200

SabertoothRetro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gee what a shock. Someone bashing the 5200 controllers. I get the self centering issue. It never was a problem for me, but I know many people have trouble with it. And it's absolutely true that the fire buttons SUCK. But this;

Sadly the designers failed to consider ergonomics or the basic shape of the human hand, so unless you have 15 fingers and a claw this thing is useless.

perplexes me. Why would you need more than one hand? Unless you have a tiny hand the controller rests perfectly in the palm of one hand while the other is free to navigate the stick. Maybe he's referring to the keypad? I don't get it...

• Like 1

Mark sometimes exaggerates for effect. Much as I actually *SHOCK* enjoy the 5200 stick...95 days out of 100...I still got a cackle out of that one. I mean, c'mon. A claw. That's not funny?

Edited by MAC-42

NES. Talk about crappy design. I have to take mine apart and re-bend the doggone pins on the cartridge connector (because I'm super-cheap) just to make it work? I don't play it much these days, and one good re-bending usually does okay for ages, so I guess I'll shut up now. It's just...come on!

/mindless rant

Edited by MAC-42
  • Like 1

Had to drive the extended family on a trip to Toronto and needed a vehicle with 14 seats. Renting a bus was cost prohibitive so I found an old 5200 and tricked it out into a nice homemade Winnebago. All 7 kids fit nicely into the compartment in the back.

Unfortunately the controller/slash steering wheel broke half way there so I lost my brakes and could only make left hand turns. Ended up in Calgary but it felt like being in Nascar so it was all good.

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 4

All 7 kids fit nicely into the compartment in the back.

There was probably enough room back there, I'll bet, for a big ol' CRT TV for them to play...well, another 5200 on! It is a big machine; probably could cause its own dimensional anomalies and allow for paradoxes like that.

• Like 1

There was probably enough room back there, I'll bet, for a big ol' CRT TV for them to play...well, another 5200 on! It is a big machine; probably could cause its own dimensional anomalies and allow for paradoxes like that.

It does exhibit it's own gravity well.