IGNORED

Just got a Wii U!

jerseystyle

SO excited- picked it up in Canada and just got it hoked up this morning in my apartment in Cairo. Thus far have played a bit of Mario 3d World, and it is amazing. Also, Zelda WW looks fantastic in HD. I also bought AC 4, Lego Undercover, and Pikmen 3 but have not played those yet. Any games I should watch out for? I have already picked up where I left off with Fishing Resort on the Wii, so life is good :)

Agreed with posts above. Also, I've spent a lot of time playing Rayman: Legends with my girls as well and have had a blast with it. We played through Rayman: Origins last year on Xbox 360, so this was an easy choice for us. I will say that if you're going to play it primarily solo, one of the other versions (Xbox 360 or PS3 I believe are the other choices) may be the better option, as the Wii U version forces you to play as character Murphy sometimes, which may not be everyone's thing.

Welcome to the club!

If you like fast-paced racing, Need for Speed Most Wanted U is nice. Seems that nobody bought it so it is a budget title already, only costs us about $20 over here in the 'States. :)

Wow, I forgot that even existed. I'll have to pick up and give it a try.

I'd say you got the best that's out there atm, other than New Super Mario Bros U (though don't expect anything groundbreaking with that title). I wouldn't go for NFS, personally. The lack of anti-aliasing makes anything in the background look like it's built of freakin' legos. Seriously. There's other issues with it too, but that's the one that bugs me the most.

Honestly, DK, MK, and SSB are your best bets for this year so far at least. I know you want to get tons of games for your new system (I know the feeling), but honestly at this point, there's not much more to recommend that's really worth your time. Well, that is if you have a 360 or PS3 already. If not, there are many third party games at your disposal that are a bit gimped.

If anyone recommends Wonderful 101, I'd consider trying the demo or giving it a rent before purchase. It's kinda polarizing. Some love it, some hate it. Not many in-between.

Wow, I forgot that even existed. I'll have to pick up and give it a try.

If you like racing I'd suggest Sonic All Star Racing Transformed. Yeah it's not an exclusive, but it's way better than the original Sonic all stars racing, and if you're a Sega fan of any sort, there's lots of cool homages. :) One of the the best games for the Wii U before WW/Mario 3D came out.

• Like 1

Can you get the Outrun Bay track on the Wii U version?

With it being exclusive to the limited edition, I wonder if I'm too late to get it for a fair price on any platform. Was it just a voucher code? Can it be purchased for those with the regular edition?

Edited by Atariboy

Looks liked it was tagged as "Bonus Edition". It's my understanding that these are the copies that had the Outrun 2 inspired Outrun Bay bonus track present.

14331513_121121071607.jpg

No clue if it's on disc, an unlock code, or a download voucher. Also don't know if you could just buy this add-on although a quick visit to something like the Xbox Live marketplace would answer that quickly.

You very well might be correct. I was only paying half attention to this when it released so there easily might not be a normal edition of the title.

Pre-release though, Outrun Bay was portrayed as a sort of preorder bonus that wouldn't be included with later copies of the game when Sumo Digital discussed it. So I just assumed at this point that there would be a normal edition available without the extra.

For those of you that own this on the Wii U, did you have to input a code to access Outrun Bay? Seemed to be an unlock code over on the 360/PS3 to serve as an incentive to purchasing it new but looks like it's available by default on the Wii U.

Edited by Atariboy