IGNORED

ATARI SAP MUSIC ARCHIVE

powersoft

I must ask again after I get an old version years ago:

I get it from the source:

http://asma.atari.org/

I didn't liked the player, cos you need to move every single file into the player to start, no random selection. no playlist, nothing... this was boring for me and so I never used it again.

today I wanted to give a new try! I downloaded the big player file: ASAP

I just get bullshit and crap on my computer so I needed to delete a lot, uninstall a lot, set back my google chrome to remove all this crap.

is there any cool SAP music player available or you would say the whole thing is just bullshit?

ASAP .. My option is the best.. A small learning curve..

asap-3.1.5-win32.msi

http://asma.atari.org/

Makes wasap.exe. A very nice .sap player. My only problem with it is I don't know how to exit the .sap tune it is playing, I have to CNTRL/ALT/DELETE to stop it.

The same atari.org site has a 5016 .sap (asma37.7z) file archive, which you better unzip to a folder, even tho it has folders in the archive.

I think if powersoft poster made a folder and unzipped within a folder, he'd not get a bunch of files on his desktop.

Can someone tell me how to exit playing a .sap file in wsap.exe?

(To make a new folder on windows desktop, right click in an empty space, then click 'new' then select 'folder'. You can name it anything you want.)

I think making an add-on to Winamp just makes it that much more complicated.

Edited by russg

stephen, thanks... this is this file I guess:

SAP Winamp plug-in v2.2

but I didn't found any directory to save in so I can continue install this one...

with pc things I need help, haha! I am not too much into it!

You will of course, need WinAmp already installed on your PC. I have attached the required DLL as a ZIP file. Copy the DLL to WinAmp's Plugins directory ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins" on a 64-bit OS, or "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins" on a 32-bit OS). Once the DLL has been copied, close WinAmp and restart it. You can now add SAP files the same way as any other file.

in_asap.zip

THANK YOU ALL VERY VERY MUCH...

nevertheless I have to say I used now an option posted on my request in ABBUC forum by mighty TRON04

to use a really small player of 360KB (!!!) with nice view and much details

http://www.un4seen.com/xmplay.html

Plus you need the SAP-Plugin the be found here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/asap/fi ... p/download

just if anyone is for interest!

But again THANK YOU very much for your help!

• Like 1

I just get bullshit and crap on my computer so I needed to delete a lot, uninstall a lot, set back my google chrome to remove all this crap.

Can you provide any details?

Can someone tell me how to exit playing a .sap file in wsap.exe?

Obviously you didn't read the documentation. WASAP is controlled by a red tray icon, normally on the bottom-right of your screen. Right-click the red "play" icon and you can stop, exit and more.

For playlists etc. use an ASAP plugin to a full-blown music player such as foobar2000, Winamp, xmPlay or many others. Just use the *.msi installer.

Thanks. I see the red triangle now. The DOCs are about 25 txt files, mostly updates. I'm talking about asma37.7z zip archive. I see wsap.exe is

a complex work involving, maybe, two dozen contributors. The red triangle gets moved into the hidden icons the second time I choose a song. I just wanted to sample a few songs, there are hundreds.

Thanks again.

I have that bottom right red but when I left or right mouse click on it only thing is that I saw the folder where's the sap songs and I can choose and listen a new one.

But if I want to stop ASAP playing I have to end my Windows session (the quick way is just end the current session logging off "José Pereira" and then open it again without having to shut down the computer).

But why? Isn't there a way to simple cloose the wasap.exe without all this?

By the way I'm now using Windows XP.

Edited by José Pereira

Right-click on system tray icon, then select "Stop" or "Quit".

Thanks.

What a sh... After I read this red icon here yesterday I did that and what the hell that nothing happened.

Never saw that menu. Oh well at least it was better that I decided to ask here or maybe I would never right click on it again.

:)

Hmm! Now I get it: I have to only do the right click. If I fist left click it opens the current song folder window. Untill I have this window opened the right click doesn't do nothing.