• Xbox 1 controller
    • 3DO controller
    • Wiiu controller
    • PS3 controller
    • Xbox controller
    • Wii controller
    • PS4 controller

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I will never understand Sega fans on that controller... It's light, feels like made is Shitna, buttons floats around and... I never figured out if there were really shoulders buttons or just "decorations" at the shoulders?

The Dreamcast controller on the other hand (ha!) is near perfect and innovative.

I don't understand why there is the NES, SMS and Turbografx controllers (as they are about the same layout wise) and not the Channel F and Astrocade controllers.

Both those are 1000 times greater that this cheap arcade stick wannabe VCS controller. The 7800 "Europad" is missing too but it's a great replacement for the VCS stick.

So my choices would go as this :

Pre crash : Bally Astrocade

8 bits : NES

16 bits : SNES

32/64 bits : Virtual Boy/Playstation (yeah. The VB controller would have been awesome for the n64 if adding the analog stick. Awesome grip and natural shoulders buttons placement)

128 bits : Dreamcast

HD gen : Xbox360 for the comfort and classic controls, Wii for the innovation and some greatly made games using the move detection.

Agreed on the Astrocade and Channel F controllers- those are half the reason I bought the systems!

Voted for the Xbox (I'm assuming 360) controller. Close second would've been the Saturn and original Xbox controllers (both S and the Duke).

Thinking about it a bit more:

No favorite 8 bit joystick

NES: controller until

Saturn model 2: necessary for the buttons, the best until

Xbox 360: perfect for dual analog, way better than dual shock imo

Dreamcast is nice, definitely underrated seeing how much hate it often gets online. But it's not nearly my favorite. Not by a long shot.

Edited by o.pwuaioc

Although as I said my favorite pack-in controller is the PS4 DualShock, if we're talking about all controllers, then the Wico Bat is my One Controller to Rule Them All. I have mine from the 80s and it is still going strong. It works perfectly...as long as I only need one button. :)

Wish I could honestly vote for the Dreamcast pad, but those aren't made to last. I don't know if people just tend to play the **** out of the system or what, but every time I get my hands on a used DC controller, the dpad is mush and the buttons are caked in grunge. And analog triggers over just four face buttons is downright unsuitable for fighting games of that era. Luckily I have a few NIB stashed away.

Edited by Rex Dart

Of the controllers in the poll I would say the Virtual Boy. You can love or hate the console but the controller is great.

I also agree with the other poster that the Jaguar had great comfortable controllers.

The Virtual Boy's controller was pretty good and probably provided some inspiration for the excellent GameCube controller. I despise the three button Jaguar controller - it's cramp inducing for me - but I love the six button version, which fixes the ergonomics (for me).

The Virtual Boy's controller was pretty good and probably provided some inspiration for the excellent GameCube controller. I despise the three button Jaguar controller - it's cramp inducing for me - but I love the six button version, which fixes the ergonomics (for me).

There is a six button version? An official one?

Jaguar Controller vs Pro Controller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mra0Tx3s2qA

Although I like the regular controller, I agree that the Pro is better. very comfortable to hold and the buttons are less 'clicky' than on the standard controller.

Unfortunately you will pay quite a bit for Pro Controller: several years I bought one from a seller in france for $45 plus shipping, and that was considered a very good deal even then.

I think now they are usually commanding $75+ on eBay, and sell very quickly.

Two of my favorites not listed:

NES Advantage (favorite of all time, though obviously not a pack-in)
Gamecube (favorite "modern" controller, it's so comfortable it melts into my hands like warm butter)

Of what's there... I picked SNES... followed closely by 2600.

The SNES controller is a comfortable size. The dpad is a perfect size, and it's nice and tight and accurate. The button layout is ergonomic for pretty much any type of game.

Edited by BydoEmpire
  • Like 1

I would vote for the Gamecube controller (but it's not on the list).

I like the dreamcast controller too, maybe it's even a bit better in terms of ergonimics, but the gamecube controller feels like it is built for a lifetime.

Oh thats the controller i forgot.I had it up there Originally but it got erased somehow.And yeah the Gamecube is a really nice controller.