IGNORED

False Alarm

Sir Guntz

Repost from the tototek forum (I'm hoping this will either get Tomy to actually respond to me, or warn others)

http://www.tototek.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4438

I placed an order with Tototek on October 22nd 2013. It was shipped on October 24th 2013, via Registered Airmail.

Delivery Time: 10-21 Days, not complete online tracking)

It has been approximately 45 days since then, I have not received what I purchased. The tracking number (RB982337613HK) shows it was returned to sender on November 15th. I contacted Tomy about this and he said he would check if the parcel has been returned. He has not sent me a message since then.

This is absolutely unacceptable and I am very unhappy with the complete lack of communication on Tomy's part. I appreciate it has been the holiday season, but he has had plenty of time to remail my purchases.

I realize the one item contains a lithium battery, which might be why it was mailed back (without a shipping refund also). I have offered to pay for more shipping and would be okay if the lithium battery was removed, but Tomy has not replied to that either.

If the parcel has been lost, I expect the items to be replaced and shipped to me.

I don't want a refund, I want my purchases. My two previous transactions with Tototek have been positive, I would like to buy more items from Tototek in the future, but not if I don't receive my purchases.

In conclusion, I am out $80 which includes the shipping, unless Tomy can set things right and mail me my stuff.

I'm mostly just ranting at this point. Do not buy from Tototek!

Tomy has always been trustworthy afaik. Tototek has been in business for ages. Have you ever considered there may be a reason he has not responded? Sometimes shit happens, and Tomy is just one guy.

I find it a bit heavy to warn not to buy from them because after two good transactions you have ONE problem now, and it hasn't even been 2 months. I understand it sucks, but you should give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being instead of trying to badmouth Tototek and suggest they are scammers.

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

Where should this go then? This place is really confusing with it's hundreds of forums and sub-forums.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/87198-bad-trader-alert/

This is the thread where most folks go to vent their frustrations or warn others of a deal that goes sour. Believe me...even if things get resolved, it is appreciated to receive legitimate warnings. I would be very unhappy if I was not getting any responses after almost 2 months. Hopefully, in the end, the issue can be resolved and your order satisfied.

• Like 1

What other conclusion should I come to? Any sane person would assume they have been had at this point. I am willing to retract my statements if Tomy comes through, but I feel I am perfectly justified to call bullshit when I see it.

Call me insane then, but yes, I would not be so quick to make assumptions. For all we know he might be in hospital or something. It's not like he has posted anything else in the meantime from a quick look at the forums.

Starting a topic with a title like "Tototek stole my money" after only a relatively short period of time, about a shop you yourself had two positive dealings with before and that has been known to be reliable for a decade or so seems like going too far at this point in my eyes. You are lashing out and burning bridges too quickly here. I'd expect a more moderate tone than calling thieves if I had a deal with you and something went wrong.

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

I think you did right in posting this issue in the ToToTEK support sub-forum "Complaint or Need Help from ToToTEK" - that is what that sub-forum is for.

Looks like Tomy offered you a refund today? Hope things work out for you. Tomy has been trustworthy for years.

Edited by cfn

Yes I have replied to his offer, I even provided him with a paypal address via PM. I won't be retracting statements until I actually have a refund though.

108 stars, I understand Tototek has been in business for a long time, and has a good reputation among those who know. I was just getting tired of sending dozens of emails and getting no response. Since paypal wouldn't help as it's been too long, my only other option seemed to post a tally of this failed transaction on various forums, maybe in some vague hope some shit stirring would get a reply out of Tomy.

If I receive a refund, I may consider giving Tototek a second chance... Well, if the items I want don't include lithium batteries that is.

I totally understand your frustration, 80 Dollars is no easy money. We know each other from Sega-16 if you remember. :)

I just think that if it turns out there was no ill intention, like if Tomy was been in hospital, or has sent your items again but forget to tell you or anything this method of basically calling him a thief may prove to be unfortunate. Retracting your statement later won't undo what people have read.

Remember with Pier Solar when people waited for ages? We had sent the games out, but some of them took 2 months to arrive, and through some errors who knows where not all messages were read and replied to in a timely manner.... or there was a reply in the spam folder.

Anyway, let us know if this gets sorted out. :)

EDIT: Just saw his reply. So the HK post won't send the item to you. Bummer. Well, anyway, hope you get your money back at least.

Edited by 108 Stars

UPDATE: Tototek has refunded my money, all is well. I commend Tomy for refunding me, even if it's 2 months later.

I would update the first post and thread title, but AtariAge seems to be communist and won't allow that... (okay I don't seriously mean that)

Thanks for your support 108 stars. Yes I overreacted, looking back, but one can get awfully desperate when no options are left. Yeah there was plenty of uncertainty at times with Pier Solar, though I hopped on the band wagon with the first reprint run. It's still a fantastic game, I love having it. Pier Solar makes my Genesis feel brand new all over again. :)

I will consider buying from Tototek in the future, seeing as he came through with a refund. Is there any hope an AtariAge mod will edit the thread to say "Tototek refunded my money"?

Edited by Sir Guntz