IGNORED

Art of Atari - book in progress and need help

lapetino

Received my copy yesterday too. I've only skimmed the surface of what the book offers but I am impressed. Not only is it well-designed and written but it represents what must have been a herculean effort in tracking down finished art, concept art, artists, and info. There are sections on the software, hardware, artists, advertising & promotions and much more. I absolutely love the huge pictures that show all the art details that were lost to the printing processes or size limitations of the time. The 2-page cropped image of the Moon Patrol art that even shows the texture of the pencil and board is amazing. I could look at that stuff all day long.

Fantastic job, Tim!

• Like 2

My copy arrived yesterday and I just arrived from a business trip. Feeling like a kid again as I remove the book from its slip case and glance through the many images captured within. Really like the Industrial Design and Prototypes sections. The leather bound cover is great and the label on the cover pays homage to all those great Atari carts. One can see the care that went into this project.

I know that I will spend many hours looking through this book, again and again.

Thank you Tim.

post-21941-0-89352000-1477625841_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Living in medieval Germany I won't get the book delivered until November 4 and the Deluxe Edition is nowhere to be seen for buying here around.

So disappointed about this situation, but can't wait for delivery in about a week.

Edited by achtbits

Got mine two days ago. This is an awesome piece of work! When I was a kid I wished that somehow, there is a compilation of the Artworks of all Atari games that came out back in the day. This is it. Just a thought, including maybe some of the Atari catalogs would have been real nice too, but like what I said, this is perfect! Thank you Tim !!!

Edited by ninoy1995

Received the standard edition this week. It is hard to describe it as "standard" as this is a beautifully designed, printed and bound volume. I especially appreciate the size--large enough to see fine detail in many of the illustrations but still small enough to sit with comfortably. Absolutely perfect and the new standard bearer for books about video games. Thank you for this amazing work.

• Like 1

Damn, I've been waiting for this book !

Now.....sadly I see a price-tag of over 90 euro's on Amazon.de for the Deluxe edition, while I've seen prices of under $70 (=64 Euro) on this thread in the US.

That's a pretty steep price difference.....but I guess that's all about import duties and shipping.... :(

The Target link shows it's not available there anymore by the way....

Is the Deluxe Edition a limited run only ? If so how many were made and will it be a one-time only run ?

Well I've decided I could not justify the huge gap in price, just ordered the standard edition for about 37 euro incl. delivery from Amazon.de

Edited by Level42

I also just yesterday detected that the Deluxe Edition is available on amazon.de. The item title did not clearly indicate it, but it's mentioned in the item details and the photo. So I just ordered this one too in addition to the Standard Edition which I couldn't cancel anymore now, I was one day late, geez. And yes, 90EUR is clearly a rip-off over here. So the book better be good! ;)

• Like 1

It seems that you can order directly at Amazon.com for $29.41/$73.32 and still ship to Germany. That might save you some money if you can wait a few days.

But then we'd probably have to pay a lot of import duties and taxes...even over the shipping costs...