IGNORED

Skyrim XboxOne\Ps4

cimerians

Yeah the new Tomb Raider is being released on the new systems as well.

Does seem odd.

I'd be more inclined to buying optimized versions of Morrowind or Oblivion. As great as games as they were, I feel like I just got done with them. (I played through the new Tomb Raider back to back to get the achievements.)

Now that I think of it, I haven't finished all the DLC in Skyrim on the 360, so I doubt I'd be getting this any time soon, even with all the DLC included.

Maybe in 5 years when I'm feeling nostalgic I'll snag a cheap used copy.

I have only put a little over 20 hours into my character on Xbox 360. It kind of got set on the back burner while I worked on completing Fallout 3. I have finished every quest in Oblivion and Fallout 3. I intend to do the same with Skyrim. If the high resolution texture pack is included, the game is rendered at 1080p, all of the DLC is included, and the price is right then I would jump on an Xbox One version. It would probably do me some good to start my character from scratch. If those things don't happen I will have no problem sticking with my 360 version though. I already bought all the DLC and I haven't used any of it yet.

I have only put a little over 20 hours into my character on Xbox 360. It kind of got set on the back burner while I worked on completing Fallout 3. I have finished every quest in Oblivion and Fallout 3. I intend to do the same with Skyrim. If the high resolution texture pack is included, the game is rendered at 1080p, all of the DLC is included, and the price is right then I would jump on an Xbox One version. It would probably do me some good to start my character from scratch. If those things don't happen I will have no problem sticking with my 360 version though. I already bought all the DLC and I haven't used any of it yet.

Have fun...I am on my last achievement and finished all of the quests...400+ hours later! :P

It could probably be done in less time, but I enjoyed the hell out of that game, so I took my time somewhat.

Man I lost track of the time I spent just loafing around in Riverwood. I still think it's a beautiful town. If the game burns out anywhere, it's just that the individual quest lines aren't long enough.

It just makes up for it by having hundreds of other things to do

I spent around 200 hours on it...I'm tempted to re-buy it but only if the higher texture pack and DLC is included and the price goes down. I don't really want to spend 60 bucks on this again but I had a ton of fun with it and wouldn't mind playing it again. I probably won't complete everything in it though.

Seems it was a mistake:

http://kotaku.com/fus-ro-nah-those-ps4-and-xbox-one-listings-for-skyrimo-1497796693

Actually I'm kind of glad...seriously didn't want to spend on this again and I'm happy with the PC version for the better graphics.

Edited by cimerians
  • Like 1

ESO was confirmed for consoles. It was actually a motivating factor in my picking up a PS4. I have a Mac Mini now though that provides acceptable, albeit uninspired, performance for gaming so I will probably stick to that for MMO fun time.

Too bad it was just a technical error. Bought the Anthology on PC and haven't looked back. That being said, the new batch of consoles should have enough RAM in 'em that Bethesda games should run on them without invariably slowing down and crashing after an hour and a half. Would be nice to see an Anthology come to consoles, for both Elder Scrolls and Fallout while they're at it.

• Like 2

Kind of glad it's a mistake. I bought Skyrim a year ago on the 360 but haven't gotten around to it yet.

ESO was confirmed for consoles. It was actually a motivating factor in my picking up a PS4.

ESO is way too expensive for my taste. On top of a $60 game, you have a $15 monthly fee just to be able to play it (Even to play missions that can be played solo) and possibly a PSP or XBL subscription on top of everything else if you're not already a subscriber.

If I ever tried it, the disc would have to be extremely cheap and I'd only subscribe for a couple of months.

Too bad it was just a technical error. Bought the Anthology on PC and haven't looked back. That being said, the new batch of consoles should have enough RAM in 'em that Bethesda games should run on them without invariably slowing down and crashing after an hour and a half. Would be nice to see an Anthology come to consoles, for both Elder Scrolls and Fallout while they're at it.

I can't imagine them ever adapting the earliest entries in this franchise to consoles. But upgrading Morrowind and letting Oblivion and Skyrim run maxed out like on a powerful PC would make for a nice collection.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

http://www.onlysp.com/bethesda-website-lists-xbox-one-and-ps4-version-on-skyrim-game-page/

This could be a mistake. If not would anyone double dip and play it with better graphics and possibly new achievements?

Hmmmmm.....

Never played it but always wanted to, so it would have been nice, if real... :)

Edited by DoctorTom

ESO is way too expensive for my taste. On top of a $60 game, you have a $15 monthly fee just to be able to play it (Even to play missions that can be played solo) and possibly a PSP or XBL subscription on top of everything else if you're not already a subscriber.

Ehh, it'll suffer the fate of all MMOs that think they can break the mold and have to go f2p I am sure. There are to many good games in the genre now. The WoW crowd didn't move on to a new game like they did with Ultima Online and Everquest. They moved on to ten new games.

Guild Wars 2 raised the bar for what a subscription-based MMO must be by being an incredible MMO with no fees. Not that GW1 wasn't great but it didn't make the same waves. Just because you have a highly popular IP doesn't mean people are going to pay for the monthly subscription. Star Wars The Old Republic is a perfect example. I can't say too much (go ahead and read into that) but I would not pay the monthly fee for ESO.

I am excited to try out EDO, as I have tried and played a number of MMORPG's over the years, but I will probably wait and see what happens. I don't think I'll need to pay $60 for it....I bought into the beta version of FF 14 for only $30 and that included 30 days of game time.

Right now I'm playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and enjoying it. To me, that game has the best pricing plans. If you want to be totally Free To Play, you can, and you can do most of what the game offers....just with a few limiations like smaller backpacks and reduced rate for experience. I chose to make a one time $5 purchase when I started to get a 'Beginner's Pack' of useful items. Not only was that helpful, but spending at least $5 raises you to Prefered status, which gives you a few more perks. Finally, Subscription people pay $12-15 a month and the main advantages they enjoy is increased rate of experience, larger inventory, able to raise from dead status where you are instead of a nearby medical center, and starship battles against other players. It's nice, but I'm happy with the game at Prefered status. But having choices is the way to go, IMHO.

There was talk for a while about doing a Fallout MMORPG and it was in development at one point. Officialy, it's on hold and not yet dead, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Edited by SoulBlazer

Sorry, Hyper, I wasn't just responding to your post. :P I'm sorry for any confusion.

But yeah, I like the 3 choices that The Old Republic gives you now to play.

And the MMORPG market is just overcrowded now, really. The only reason I think ESO has a chance is due to the company and games behind it.

• Like 1

A game of the year with all DLC and improvements to gameplay might interest me. But to spend $60 on just a prettier game with some new achievements... I'll pass.

Just like Tomb Raider... I played the game last year and its currently priced at $20 for the Xbox360 version on Amazon. No way I'd pay $60 for a XB1 "definitive" version, especially since I'm sure the $20 game price and purchasing any DLC will cost much less than $60.

Edited by Mendon