IGNORED

F/S T-Shirts I've Been Working 3 Years On

mrwhitethc

Back story: I posted a long time ago about buying broken consoles, so I could display them http://atariage.com/forums/topic/178532-wtb-broken-consoles/ there were some very generous members who helped. Having them around made me try my hand at making some retro t-shirts but most designs I came up with were a bust. I remembered I had seen an iPhone done up as an exploded design on a shirt, looked around, didn't see any consoles done up the way I wanted so I set out to scrape together the funds and get a line of shirts done. Plus all the consoles I have for display are broken so no worries about sacraficing a working system to crack open and digging into its guts. My ideal goal is doing as many consoles as possible that way it's one line, all done in the same style. So far I've been able to get three done and printed, I've included the 2600 picture here but have also printed up an Arcade cabinet and NES all done in the same style. The website is http://pixelarmor.com/ and the shirts at $19.99 with $5 shipping in the US, $12 for international. I hope I'm not breaking any rules and this is post is ok, I noticed Analogue Interactive has a post about their custom wood CMVS Neo Geo pointing to their site so I think I should be ok, if not mod's please feel free to delete this thread. Even if you don't buy anything any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I wore the initial test 2600 one I had printed to PAX and MegaCon and did get a few people asking where I got it from.

2600-Experience-Chest-400x400.png

• Like 5

I like the concept a lot! I think it shows a lot of promise, now I'm not really a t shirt guy, but I'm definitely ear marking this when I have some funds free. I'd absolutely love to see a design like that based off an Atari 800, Apple II, or something to that effect.

You should show off the arcade one at the Build Your Own Arcade forums, they'd enjoy it.

Good stuff!

Thanks TPA5,

Thank you for the kind words, don't think I have an 800 right now, had one a very long time ago, I do have a 400 but I would love to do all of them eventually. And l already sold 1 shirt via twitter :) so hopefully the word will spread. Thank you for the tip on the BYOA forum, are you talking about http://forum.arcadecontrols.com or another one?

Thanks TPA5,

Thank you for the kind words, don't think I have an 800 right now, had one a very long time ago, I do have a 400 but I would love to do all of them eventually. And l already sold 1 shirt via twitter :) so hopefully the word will spread. Thank you for the tip on the BYOA forum, are you talking about http://forum.arcadecontrols.com or another one?

Yes! That is indeed the one. I lurk over there a lot, this seems like the kind of things folks over there would like.

Hey ianoid,

Yeah, I went back and forth a bunch of times with different designs, really wanted to put my own spin on it, kind of like the old trading cards I used to get from the ice cream man as a kid. I do thank you for your kind words, I've been getting a decent amount of good feedback and even some sales! =D

Thanks DaytonaUSA,

I do have a model 1 Sega Saturn ready and willing, right now I'm sticking to only doing the first editions of consoles so I'm glad you said model 1, it's why I went with the Heavy Sixer. Like I said to TPA5 just need to get enough sales to cover more and would love one day to have them all available, even model 2's and Jr's =D

I like it. Bookmarked for when I get a job :)

I hear you PFL,

This is the main reason it took so long, I didn't want to do just 1 print and I'm not the best person to use illustrator so I have another person helping me polish the designs once they are drafted. So it took awhile to raise enough money to get pay for a decent run of shirts and pay to have them perfected.

Thanks DaytonaUSA,

I do have a model 1 Sega Saturn ready and willing, right now I'm sticking to only doing the first editions of consoles so I'm glad you said model 1, it's why I went with the Heavy Sixer. Like I said to TPA5 just need to get enough sales to cover more and would love one day to have them all available, even model 2's and Jr's =D

Yeah, nothing better than the originals when it comes to console design :)

I'll end up buying one. I'm looking at the site - am I seeing it right that you only have 1 color right now?

Hey Wongojack

Yeah, I only have them printed on the blue iris color, I could do another color but I would probably have to start selling the blue at a decent rate to get another run with black as well.