IGNORED

ADAM DDP with Very Rare CV games...

Roadie8105

I need some real experts to chime in here please.

I am currently liquidating my entire ColecoVision and ADAM collection. I have sold many of the most rare items BUT I was going thru the pile of data packs I have the other day to discover a GEM...

I had used a Cart Backup program MANY yrs ago to backup some really rare CV carts which I had owned and paid hard earned money for. I am talking several very elusive titles (8 to be exact) on one data pack! The word 'pirated' does not enter my mind because these are backups of carts I actually owned!

Now that I am liquidating and selling off everything can I legally sell this DDP or would this fall under EBay's or other sellers no duplicated games policy?? Just needing to get out of debt and regain more solid financial footing.

Your professional views are welcomed and appreciated!

Games were popular towards end of ColecoVision reign.. seemed rare to me..

Tarzan - Coleco

H.E.R.O. - Activision

QBert - Parker Bros

Space Panic - Coleco

Decathlon - Activision

Quest for Quintana Roo - Sunrise

Campaign 84 - Sunrise

Star Trek - Coleco

I have one super action controller overlay for Star Trek and the instruction book for Quintana Too as well...

Thanks...

Games were popular towards end of ColecoVision reign.. seemed rare to me..

Tarzan - Coleco

H.E.R.O. - Activision

QBert - Parker Bros

Space Panic - Coleco

Decathlon - Activision

Quest for Quintana Roo - Sunrise

Campaign 84 - Sunrise

Star Trek - Coleco

I have one super action controller overlay for Star Trek and the instruction book for Quintana Too as well...

Thanks...

I don't think I would consider any of those to be rare. (Hero is the rarest I think) I personally would rather play the carts than copies on a tape but thats my opinion.

• Like 1

I guess I considered them as rare due to the rarity of seeing them available for sale now days.

And the carts were backed up for two reasons. I had a few carts to fail so decided to back up some of my favorites number one. And number two it is super easy to switch to different game by having on one data pack and hitting reset on AdAm and selecting game off a multi game menu as opposed to swapping carts etc and putting wear and tear on packaging etc

As I said didn't wanna just throw the pack away if had some value to it.

Edited by Roadie8105

I guess I considered them as rare due to the rarity of seeing them available for sale now days.

And the carts were backed up for two reasons. I had a few carts to fail so decided to back up some of my favorites number one. And number two it is super easy to switch to different game by having on one data pack and hitting reset on AdAm and selecting game off a multi game menu as opposed to swapping carts etc and putting wear and tear on packaging etc

As I said didn't wanna just throw the pack away if had some value to it.

A lot of us own atarimax flash or sd carts that have a menu and allow for easy switching between games when we don't want to use our real carts. Back in the day the adam ddp would have been a good way to store multiple games. Now however the ddp are less reliable than the carts due to the breakdown of the tape.

Edited by Manoau2002

Go ahead, put it on ebay. You shouldn't have a problem. Just describe it as it is, don't call it rare, or anything.

I complained several times to ebay, including over the phone about a guy who was selling an Atarimax flash cart with SDX on it. (And doubling his money). I complained because he called it rare. It is not rare by any means. Ebay did absolutely NOTHING about it, and the same person re-listed it again (and again).

Ebay only takes complaints seriously when they come from corporations with big lawyers. M$, Apple, etc.

As was pointed out, all those cartridge games that you have backed-up onto Data Pack are not rare in the least and can easily be purchased via numerous means in their original cartridge format and most are easy enough to find CIB (complete in the box with manual). Basically put, the real value is in the Data Pack itself to be INITialized and reused for something else and even then used Data Packs wouldn't fetch you a lot of money unless you had a large lot of them to sell. If you have a sizeable number, then I recommend placing them all up on eBay in one large lot and make sure to list them for the ADAM Computer and even better would be to list the contents of each so as to give prospective bidders an idea of what is on them. In the case of cartridge backups, just list "Cartridge Backups DDP with multiple games".