IGNORED

MCGG 2014 Meetings

Very fun day! Always a blast playing some golden age games with other people into it, and I know I dug that even those teens that popped in later were so into those games. The next generation!

And thanks again for the tokens, that was really nice of you.

Yer welcome :) We all have to do this again. Perhaps next time I can bring some homebrew if we meet in someones game room :)

Those were some pretty impressive Mario Bros chops you had there. For all my 'brewing I suck at arcade games in general!

Heh, I played a lot of Mario Bros. as a kid on the 7800 and NES, and the arcade version isn't TOO different from them. I think their machine is set up to give you a lot more lives than I'm used to, as well! You were definitely rocking Phoenix a lot better than I was, though.

I've got a nice gaming area in my apartment - the walls aren't as decorated as well as I'd like (I've been lazy), but there's certainly room. I would be up for hosting some folks sometime.

Bonus: anyone coming up my way to Roseville is certainly able to stop at Retrotaku in Madison Heights - they have quite a nice array of classic games and imports :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wish I had seen this before, I probably would have stopped in. So technically, I'm Canadian, but if it helps my street cred, I do work in Plymouth every day. :D

I have been meaning to get out to The Arcade; probably going to head out there tomorrow afternoon/evening. I play games on MAME all the time, but aside from a few quickie plays here and there, it has been FOREVER since I've really been able to buckle down and play some real cabinets. Can't wait!

• 1 month later...

Wish I had seen this before, I probably would have stopped in. So technically, I'm Canadian, but if it helps my street cred, I do work in Plymouth every day. :D

I have been meaning to get out to The Arcade; probably going to head out there tomorrow afternoon/evening. I play games on MAME all the time, but aside from a few quickie plays here and there, it has been FOREVER since I've really been able to buckle down and play some real cabinets. Can't wait!

It seemed to me alot of the cabs prices were mis-marked. Most were 2 tokens but a few like Phoenix were only 1. That's the one I played the most. It was a good time for all!

It seemed to me alot of the cabs prices were mis-marked. Most were 2 tokens but a few like Phoenix were only 1. That's the one I played the most. It was a good time for all!

Cool, yeah, I've stopped in there a few times now. Love it.

I noticed that about the credits too. I'd drop 2 coins into Asteroids and get 4 games.

I was a bit disappointed that Defender was down, as I've always wanted to try that one on a real cabinet. I did play Stargate though. I was fighting for the top score on Bubbles, but came about 6-7k short, for 2nd place. I think those williams games have NVRAM so my score might still be up there (initials 'CYN' of course :D ).

• Like 1