IGNORED

Codename Game : Burning Disc (WIP)

Nicam_Shilova

Hello everybody ! Actually I work about my third Colecovsion projet, a sport game inspired from Windjammers for NeoGeo.

Link to the gameplay.

This only an early prototype. Graphics are poors, there's no sound, it's really glitched, 2 gamers gameplay is only available. However, specials moves (lob, curved throws,...) are present.

Edited by Nicam_Shilova
  • Like 3

I don't know if you're taking suggestions for this game, but I have a few:

1) Place a wall of bricks behind each player. Every time a player misses the disc, it takes away a brick behind the player. Once the disc passes all the way through the wall, the game is won by the other player.

2) Have icons appear sporadically in different spots near the center of the playing field. Hit an icon with the disc and its effect is felt on the player, his opponent, or both, depending on the icon's picture.

Here's a mockup I threw together quickly. I'm not entirely happy with the player characters, but it's good enough for a demonstration. :)

post-7743-0-88580100-1389648404_thumb.png

• Like 4

I don't know if you're taking suggestions for this game, but I have a few:

1) Place a wall of bricks behind each player. Every time a player misses the disc, it takes away a brick behind the player. Once the disc passes all the way through the wall, the game is won by the other player.

2) Have icons appear sporadically in different spots near the center of the playing field. Hit an icon with the disc and its effect is felt on the player, his opponent, or both, depending on the icon's picture.

Here's a mockup I threw together quickly. I'm not entirely happy with the player characters, but it's good enough for a demonstration. :)

post-7743-0-88580100-1389648404.png

Interesting... however, about gameplay I prefer preserve original gameplay.

Edited by Nicam_Shilova
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

The last weekend, during the Retro Gaming Connexion. I made a presentation of this game. You can watch it (in French) below :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhKVPjWBZGg

For those which can't understand, here come a short summary :

- 6 characters which have their own special attack.

- 1 & 2 players modes.

- IA can intercept and launch the disk.

- Actually one arena only (6 planned).

- More 100 drawings for sprites.

- Game is really gliched.

And finally, I announced I search an editor for the European release for my others and future games.

Edited by Nicam_Shilova