Jan Hermanns

Super Mario goes up

Is this a Mystique revival game?

..and who is this "lovemachine" Super Mario goes up? I'd assume it's game over if the princess finds out :)

Very nice. I particularly the subversive nature of it considering what recently happened with another homebrew... ;)

Buy 50 copies. Show nintendo. After C and D. sell 50 copies and take family to disneyland on profits.

Buy 50 copies. Show nintendo. After C and D. sell 50 copies and take family to disneyland on profits.

Well, I don't have the balls to do it and I don't like disneyland anyway...
But why don't you do it yourself?
You could even change the "lov3machine" moniker on the titlescreen to
"nintendo", to make them really angry - though be sure you want their full
attention ;)

Very nice. I particularly the subversive nature of it considering what recently happened with another homebrew... ;)

It's not that I'm gonna make cartridges or something - so it's not that subversive ;)

And regarding that other homebrew... C'mon, I mean what were they thinking!?

I was joking. But my kids want to go to Dl for real. And coming from Canada it would be minimum 5k.(first 1200 spent just to fly to Toronto to get s flight to leave Canada)

But anyhow. Your game looks great!!

I'm going to keep this on my Harmony and every time Nintendo make another silly or annoying decision I'm going to play it just as a one man, anonymous protest! That'll show 'em!

Off topic: Joe, I know they have to look after their interests. That doesn't make it not crappy though. It just makes the whole state of copyright law crappy...

What's truly shameful is that I actually like the game better. The gameplay hasn't changed. I'm just as brainwashed by the mass media as the next guy

What's truly shameful is that I actually like the game better. The gameplay hasn't changed. I'm just as brainwashed by the mass media as the next guy

What do you mean? You like this crappy hack better than the original? That would truly be a shame!

• Like 1

Screenshots

SuperMarioGoesUpTitel.png

SuperMarioGoesUpInGame.png

Interesting that the sprite design seems to be inspired by Super Mario Land on the Game Boy, rather than one of the console titles.

Interesting that the sprite design seems to be inspired by Super Mario Land on the Game Boy, rather than one of the console titles.

Truth is, most of those sprites are based on the TI-83 calculator port of Super Mario Land, because Gameboy sprites are generally to wide - remember VCS sprites are max 8 px!

• Like 1