IGNORED

An overpriced Dina system - aren't they all? lol

save2600

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dina-2-in-1-Telegames-Personal-Arcade-System-plus-6-Colecovision-games/231130739643?_trksid=p2045573.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D298%26meid%3D4034171388193188908%26pid%3D100034%26prg%3D1079%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D171193978443%26

This auction is getting to be about as stupid as the Frog Feast cart for the Jag recently.

I remember purchasing one of these from Telegames' b/w paper catalog in the very early 90's. Bought it because I had found a large stash of Colecovision games at a local thrift store, but had no system to play them on. I think it must have cost somewhere in the $60-$80 range, but even at that price, was so put off by the crappy quality of the thing that I ended up taking dvantage of their return policy. Could not wait to expel the system from my house. Kept the games of course and eventually landed a *real* Colecovision system that I refurbished. :lol:

Good luck to whomever is over paying for one of these.. :rolling:

Edited by save2600
  • Like 1

I disagree with this . I own a Dina system. I also have Adam & colecovision. I have never understood why this gets crapped on. I won't say its as good as the colecovision but i have no problem recommending it otherwise.

I think its an excellent little system. so compact compared to the other 2. I find the controllers work nicely.

If you are going to have a dina system you have to buy some sg-1000 carts for it. which I have.

lode runner is excellent, I also have a card catcher converter so I can use the sega my cards and have bank panic & penguin land.

and of course it plays colecovision games.I haven't noticed any incompatibilities yet.

cons : it can't use coleco expansion port devices so you can't play Atari 2600.

coleco cart slot has a hard time with recent homebrews. its depth is too low to make good contact. it should work if the pcb could reach.

the rf output is not the best

pros: Sg-1000 games card catcher & sega my cards & colecovision games

nintendo style controllers which are better for some games than the coleco controller ( though i still prefer the coleco controller)

compact, this thing is tiny, smaller than nes or sega master sstem or coleco

• Like 1

Well, $125 for a CIB and working P.A./Dina with power supply is a pretty good deal, although the box was a little rough. I paid more for my CIB which was in excellent condition, actually has the DIN power jack and came with a Bit Corp. power supply that looks like the Canadian CV P.S., but with the DIN power plug.

It was strictly a collectible purchase for me.

That actually went for a decent price for that system. I was kinda interested in the Dina. But I recently bought a Bally Astrocade :love:(which I had been lusting after for months now :lust: ), so I need to 'recoup' for a while before I make any more system/game purchases.

The Dina seems to be pretty rare, so it will command a higher dollar. The fact that it plays ColecoVision and SG-1000 games is pretty cool, I think.